FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
Source

Oh this is just pathetic

TimesOnline wrote:

In apparent confirmation that America remains the most litigious society in the world, Kreindler and Kreindler, a New York law firm, says it has been contacted by passengers of Flight 1549 about claiming damages for post-traumatic stress disorder.
You got out with your lives, thanks to the skills of the pilot, crew and rescuers. Surely that would be enough?

Thankfully there was at least one realist on the flight

Others, however, insist they are just grateful to be alive. One, Dave Sanderson, said the airline had “treated me like gold since the incident”.
This isn't a dig at America btw, the UK has it's fair share of idiots looking for free cash, but what is it about modern western culture that makes them so sue happy?

Welfare state etc I'm all for, but this is just money grabbing for the sake of it
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6482|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Yup! Gotta love it, the law firm probably contacted the passengers about it and let them know they could sue. Fucking lawyers, they should all die.

(Maybe not Max, he's a pedo but ok and my old public defender)
Karbin
+42|6290
Ahhhhh...America. The country where your only real right is.... The right to sue your neighbour
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6148|what

Eventually you'll see tickets with a disclaimer attached saying "your life is in your own hands when you fly with us", and you'll know who to blame.

Fucking lawyers.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6728|St. Andrews / Oslo

Pathetic.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Reciprocity
+721|6576|the dank(super) side of Oregon
they should be thanking the airline.  it's now damn near statistically impossible for any of them to die in a plane crash.
rdx-fx
+955|6587
Overinflated sense of entitlement, underinflated sense of ethics.

They feel the world somehow owes them everything, yet they feel they owe absolutely nothing to the world.

Privilege without Responsibility.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Others, however, insist they are just grateful to be alive. One, Dave Sanderson, said the airline had “treated me like gold since the incident”.

Kreindler and Kreindler just got a whole lotta publicity without mentioning the name of one single passenger. The source offers little proof. It puts in a random quote from Tess Sosa without saying that they were the ones that contacted them. C wut they did thar?

Of course it's possible. I think if it is true it's probably because the lawyers have been soliciting them though. Planting ideas in their head$.

It is funny to see you guys eat this stuff up on face value though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
+721|6576|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Kmarion wrote:

eating it up? i'm insulted.  i was very scientific and analytical.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Karbin wrote:

Ahhhhh...America. The country where your only real right is.... The right to sue your neighbour
Of course the beautiful irony is that if we didn't have so many rights we wouldn't have so many opportunities to sue when they are violated.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

Kmarion wrote:

Kreindler and Kreindler just got a whole lotta publicity without mentioning the name of one single passenger. The source offers little proof. It puts in a random quote from Tess Sosa without saying that they were the ones that contacted them. C wut they did thar?

Of course it's possible. I think if it is true it's probably because the lawyers have been soliciting them though. Planting ideas in their head$.

It's not like this is a new phenomenon Kmar ... you guys even sue each other for to hot coffee ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

It's not like this is a new phenomenon Kmar ... you guys even sue each other for to hot coffee ...
Shit reporting and people eager to lap up isn't new neither. Some of us demand more. Others are just happy to find something that validates their view of the world. Which one are you?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

Kmarion wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Shit reporting and people eager to lap up isn't new neither. Some of us demand more. Others are just happy to find something that validates their view of the world. Which one are you?
A little of both I believe ... I find it interesting that my views and conception of things is validated again and again ... and again ... on some issues I'm happy that my initial thoughts was correct and on others I'm happy that I was wrong ... I'm not so unlike you tbh

As an example, when it comes to lawsuites in the US it makes me a very sad panda to constantly be reminded of a certain kind of greed you only find in the US ... you are a very warm and welcoming population but I have the impression that you are just that as long as it benefits you, a shallow kind of care if you get my drift ... that is generalizing of course because many Americans are truly amazing people and I know enough Americans both IRL and on this forum to know the difference ...

The land of the free comes with responcibility ... maybe to much freedom seeing as the lack of responcibility has shown it's true face the last two years ... I'm just saying ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6761|Cambridge (UK)
You see the thing in the UK with the guy and his 'art installation' that blew away and two people died?

If he gets done for manslaughter as well as negligence then, mark my words, this kind of 'compensation culture' will just grow and grow here too.

Should he (the artist) have tied it (the 'art') down properly? Yes he should.
Is he (the artist) responsible for acts of god (the wind)? No he isn't (unless he is god).

This (Hudson crash) case is the same - only this time there isn't even any negligence - or should yer man the pilot have been armed with a shotgun to shoot down the birds before they hit the engines???

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2009-02-27 03:00:04)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

You see the thing in the UK with the guy and his 'art installation' that blew away and two people died?

If he gets done for manslaughter as well as negligence then, mark my words, this kind of 'compensation culture' will just grow and grow here too.

Is he (the artist) responsible for acts of god (the wind)? No he isn't (unless he is god).

This (Hudson crash) case is the same - only this time there isn't even any negligence - or should yer man the pilot have been armed with a shotgun to shoot down the birds before they hit the engines???
Ja, except he really really should have tied it down properly. But then again if he gets sued, surely you'd then have a precedent for things like tiles falling off roofs in high wind + injuring/killing/breaking something someone.

mm
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6761|Cambridge (UK)

FatherTed wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ja, except he really really should have tied it down properly. But then again if he gets sued, surely you'd then have a precedent for things like tiles falling off roofs in high wind + injuring/killing/breaking something someone.

mm
Exactly.

He's been convicted of negligence.

And that's fair enough - he should have tied it down properly.

But the two people that died were killed by an act of god.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6642
If it was mechanical failure then I wouldn't blame them. But it wasn't, so fuck em.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6647|USA

FatherTed wrote:

Source

Oh this is just pathetic

TimesOnline wrote:

In apparent confirmation that America remains the most litigious society in the world, Kreindler and Kreindler, a New York law firm, says it has been contacted by passengers of Flight 1549 about claiming damages for post-traumatic stress disorder.
You got out with your lives, thanks to the skills of the pilot, crew and rescuers. Surely that would be enough?

Thankfully there was at least one realist on the flight

This isn't a dig at America btw, the UK has it's fair share of idiots looking for free cash, but what is it about modern western culture that makes them so sue happy?

Welfare state etc I'm all for, but this is just money grabbing for the sake of it
When are you going to believe me, in the world of entitlement, it is perfectly reasonable to sue anyone you can that has what you want and did not earn for yourself.

I coulda told you they were gunna sue before they were even rescued. In America, opportunity and entitlement go hand in hand
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

rdx-fx wrote:

Overinflated sense of entitlement, underinflated sense of ethics.

They feel the world somehow owes them everything, yet they feel they owe absolutely nothing to the world.

Privilege without Responsibility.
The answer?

My old boss, a guy who was driven off his farm in Zimbabwe, says compulsory military service.

@ Scorp/FatherTed:

Just sue God then. Loved that movie.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Some of us demand more. Others are just happy to find something that validates their view of the world. Which one are you?
I find it interesting that my views and conception of things is validated again and again ... and again ...
such as?
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6574|Columbus, OH
pffft that is why I believe the U.S. is not going to straighten it's act because everyone feels they are entitled to money.
There is no honor anymore it is all about greed and how much I can make.
CEO/Stockholders to the company treasury
Snot-nose college graduate who hasn't proven his/her worth.
Lawyers/clients with lawsuits; this goes for ex-wives and their ailmony request.
people living outside their means and abusing the welfare system.
I can go on but going to end my rant here /rant

Sue Canadian for their damn canadian geese...damn bastards!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

If it was mechanical failure then I wouldn't blame them. But it wasn't, so fuck em.
i dont buy that.  i think it is a defect with the engines.  if that same engine hadnt stalled on its own a few days prior, then i might beleive that.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6406|'Murka

Varegg wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Some of us demand more. Others are just happy to find something that validates their view of the world. Which one are you?
I find it interesting that my views and conception of things is validated again and again ... and again ...
Accepting something simply because it seems to line up with your world view is not validation of that view. It is lazy logic, at best.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464

SgtHeihn wrote:

Yup! Gotta love it, the law firm probably contacted the passengers about it and let them know they could sue. Fucking lawyers, they should all die.

(Maybe not Max, he's a pedo but ok and my old public defender)
I think all Civil lawyers should die. The real lawyers for criminal cases are doing us all a favor
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6642

usmarine wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

i dont buy that.  i think it is a defect with the engines.  if that same engine hadnt stalled on its own a few days prior, then i might beleive that.
I thought they found feathers and shit in there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard