ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_frdF6k3T-Tg/SUyhLpsQRtI/AAAAAAAAASw/ykB8WWLCWWI/s400/happiness_by_wint3r88.jpg

Christians say that Jesus wants us to rejoice in the face of hardship.
I can't quite grasp the concept, but they seem like a happy-go-lucky bunch.

I have a great set of kids. My wife still makes me horny. I can't be laid off. I still have fantastic adventures involving mountain roads, trails and cliffs. I am a semi-well known artist in my field. Not a bad guitarist/singer.

All this economy meltdown/bailout shit may mean fundamental flaws in our system get addressed in a way that will work in the long run. It is a great time to be buying certain stocks and if you can afford it, houses are cheeeeep and getting cheaper by the day.

I invite all to share their happiness and maybe some will stick on those who ain't got nothing to say. mods, feel free to police this thread with a jackbooted stride and an iron fist.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

ATG wrote:

My wife still makes me horny. I can't be laid off.
These sentences next to each other made me happy.

Cheers.

also:

https://i40.tinypic.com/mty36a.jpg

Last edited by AussieReaper (2009-02-27 05:09:58)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

I'm in love. It has it's ups and downs but it's a nice feeling in general.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
I'm at a decent uni, doing the course i want to. My degree is broad and well recognised , so i should be ok getting a job. My family, friends and myself are all in decent health, and both my parents are in very secure jobs.

Life could be much worse.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't see a falling sky.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

I've had troubles in life. Troubles never posted in this forum. My daughter, my family, and my friends make my happy. They will always be with me, even if only memory.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
My school is 70% female.
rdx-fx
+955|6590
My little daughter.  All else is details.
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon
i've got a good family, good friends, i'm financially stable and my career is recession friendly.  80% of the world doesn't have it so good.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)
I'm not starving, I have roof over my head, and I live in a relatively liberal society.

That'll do me.

JahManRed
wank
+646|6627|IRELAND

Continuing to watch my Son grow and develop. Business is doing well after a 6month slump. Secured about £20 000 worth of work over the past 2weeks. Playing in several bands, got some good gigs coming up. Gregory Pecks mansion, various Jazz Festivals. Planning a road trip around France, Spain and Portugal for the summer ending up here: http://www.goingnowhere.org/en/
Enjoying having no formal lady in my life after years of "women stress"

The past 6months were tough. But I think if you subscribe to the doom and gloom, it will take you down with it. Staying positive when the shit is hitting the fan is the way forward. I have plenty of bad shit going on too, but I tend not to focus on that.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6437|King Of The Islands

Superior Mind wrote:

My school is 70% female.
That's odd. In my school you were one or the other.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Cheez wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

My school is 70% female.
That's odd. In my school you were one or the other.
And my school was just a collection of buildings without a gender.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I'm not starving, I have roof over my head, and I live in a relatively liberal society.

That'll do me.

I think I am gunna throw up.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That'll do me.

You don't know with which context Liberal was referring too.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That'll do me.

Those things don't make you happy?

What more do you need?

What more do you feel entitled to?
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6221|Brisneyland
Job good for now. Finances pretty stable. My wife is 3 months pregnant. My family is great. My health is very good.
It could be a lot worse.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That'll do me.

What more do you need?

If I tell you, you will simply think I am being cliche-ish, but I believe with all of my heart that what I am entitled to is life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing more.

I am entitled in America to pursue MY version of a quality of life, unabated, without govt. interference. The key is, I must be allowed to do so WITHOUT infringing on anyone elses right to do the same.

The fact that I have been able to do so, for myself and my family, is what makes me happy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That'll do me.

Uhhhh the kinda liberal of which would rather have govt. provide for them instead of having govt. afford the freedom to provide for yourself?
Scorpion0x17
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

What more do you need?

If I tell you, you will simply think I am being cliche-ish, but I believe with all of my heart that what I am entitled to is life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing more.

I am entitled in America to pursue MY version of a quality of life, unabated, without govt. interference. The key is, I must be allowed to do so WITHOUT infringing on anyone elses right to do the same.

The fact that I have been able to do so, for myself and my family, is what makes me happy.
:ROFL:

And you moan about 'entitlement'...

:facepalm:

You, me and everyone else are all entitled to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2009-02-27 04:32:20)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uhhhh the kinda liberal of which would rather have govt. provide for them instead of having govt. afford the freedom to provide for yourself?
Clue: in my post the word "liberal" doesn't have a capitalised letter at the start...
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
I'm happy that I'm eating better and my shit is looking normal again and not like runny clumps that look like cow shit.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Clue: in my post the word "liberal" doesn't have a capitalised letter at the start...
Exactly. You coulda just meant a free society, free of prejudice.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)

AussieReaper wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Exactly. You coulda just meant a free society, free of prejudice.
I did.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
hey guys, please take your debate about liberalism and gtfo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard