13rin
+977|6485

ATG wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Marijuanna is the biggest cash crop grown in california. Fucking douchebag politicians. I hate them all.
Andddd.  Outlawing tweed was aimed at stopping Mexicans from coming across the border in the 30's and stealing our jobs....  It ovbiously worked.
No, it was outlawed because phamecutical companies bribed politicians. They didn't want mother nature as competition for all the chemical garbage they call medicine.

btw, I have not taken any medication, including pain pills when I had my vasectomy, in years.

I do make one exception; lots of antacid. All this economy bullshit has me sort of miserable and stressed out.
Ouch. 

Yea.. I'm not a big fan of meds either.  I had heard that thought on H.A. , but the mexican one fit the bill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._A … _1930-1937
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6485

Reciprocity wrote:

I wonder how many of these cartel weapons were legally sold or given to the mexican government by our government. 

fucking mexicans.
Heseuse Cristo man! 

There's a m95/columbian story that mirrors exactly what you said... Lemme dig for it.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
rdx-fx
+955|6598
Until such time as Mexico becomes our 51st state, I truly fail to see how a law regarding American ownership of semi-automatic firearms is going to matter to Mexican criminal cartels.

Gee.  Full-auto Russian AK-74 for $200, through South America - or - American semi-auto AR-15 for $1000 plus the hassle of sneaking it across the border. Guess which makes more sense for the cartels and gangs.

As far as weak fucking excuses for grabbing guns go ... that is about the flat out weakest excuse he could've shit out.

It's pretty much "ahhh.. fuck the 2nd Amendment.  We're taking your guns 'cause we've got the congress and the presidency right now.  Here's a bullshit excuse that everyone knows is bullshit, Just as a slap in the face insult"
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6722
and the mexican gangs cant get weapons from China and other countries...  I can't wait to see what else they try to do to keep us safe...
Love is the answer
rdx-fx
+955|6598
Stupid motherfucker needs to be impeached already.

What part of;

""I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Did he NOT understand?

Bill of Rights is not multiple choice.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2009-02-26 19:10:57)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6722
he has a radical agenda and we are screwed... until 2010 or 2012 when we vote a small govt minded group of people into office... and send him... Peloser...Bawney Fwank and Reid etc packing... they are laughing at us right now and spending their asses off to try and buy votes from lazy people who don't want to work and expect handouts...  I look forward to the Whitehouse taking over the census... I'm sure they wont change any of the district lines to benefit the democrats...   
This is going to be a crappy couple of years and more people will be made poorer then wealthier... guaranteed...
Love is the answer
13rin
+977|6485

rdx-fx wrote:

Until such time as Mexico becomes our 51st state, I truly fail to see how a law regarding American ownership of semi-automatic firearms is going to matter to Mexican criminal cartels.

Gee.  Full-auto Russian AK-74 for $200, through South America - or - American semi-auto AR-15 for $1000 plus the hassle of sneaking it across the border. Guess which makes more sense for the cartels and gangs.

As far as weak fucking excuses for grabbing guns go ... that is about the flat out weakest excuse he could've shit out.

It's pretty much "ahhh.. fuck the 2nd Amendment.  We're taking your guns 'cause we've got the congress and the presidency right now.  Here's a bullshit excuse that everyone knows is bullshit, Just as a slap in the face insult"
No kidding.  However the average American is too ignorant in the subject. 

I just hope I never have to report my guns stolen.  I have notice that a mexican cartel is taking over the neighborhood and they may break in and steal them.
13rin
+977|6485

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

he has a radical agenda and we are screwed... until 2010 or 2012 when we vote a small govt minded group of people into office... and send him... Peloser...Bawney Fwank and Reid etc packing... they are laughing at us right now and spending their asses off to try and buy votes from lazy people who don't want to work and expect handouts...  I look forward to the Whitehouse taking over the census... I'm sure they wont change any of the district lines to benefit the democrats...   
This is going to be a crappy couple of years and more people will be made poorer then wealthier... guaranteed...
The Whitehouse hijacking the census... My god if Bush had done that.... If America was smart enough to see it.  Gerrymandering anyone?

The man has zero class.  ZERO.
13rin
+977|6485

mcgid1 wrote:

While I am against gun control to this extent, if he wants to go back to the old ban then things shouldn't be too bad.  Basically under the old ban, anything pre-ban could be bought and sold without any problems.  No new "assault weapons" (basically any semi-auto rifle with a capacity greater than 10 rounds, as well as a couple other odds and ends such as name changes for certain guns and the removal of bayonet fixtures) could be produced for civilians or imported.

On a lighter note, one of the more laughable reasons given in the article for this ban was that "grenades and automatic weapons" were turning up in the hands of the drug cartels.  Now then, I'm reasonably sure that grenades and automatic weapons were either completely illegal or highly controlled before, during, and after the ban and that the ban had no effect on these devices.  The only possible link to this would be that some of the weapons covered in the ban were being bought and modified for full auto.  However, this could be done with any semi-auto rifle, not just the ones covered under the ban.
Who cares how much a semi auto mag holds?  If I'm going through the trouble to shoot someone, who cares how many times I shot him/her? 

The whole term 'assault weapon' is Clintoon speak.  Has a bayonet?  Are you kidding me?  A knife on the end of the gun makes it more lethal?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
That's why I was kind of routing for mccain.
I couldn't vote for him, but I knew what obama was.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York
I'm really curious - why exactly do you NEED an assault rifle?

Shotguns/pistols/rifles I can see why quite easily (and plan to get a shotgun myself for home defense one day)...but assault rifles? Why?

Not trying to stir shit up, just asking.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5592

Poseidon wrote:

Shotguns/pistols/rifles I can see why quite easily (and plan to get a shotgun myself for home defense one day)...but assault rifles? Why?

Paranoia.Uh protection.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474

Poseidon wrote:

Killing Victor Charlie.
13rin
+977|6485

Poseidon wrote:

My friend, the term 'assault rifle' is kinda, pardon the pun, loaded.  But since you ask, the most arguable reason is one is necessary in Katrina type instances.  I live in Florida, it is a reality.  I don't rely on the police (I do like em' though).

Granted any moron can file and alter sear pins or machine specific parts to convert many semi-automatics into fully-automatics.  This is just another stab at larger more restrictive governmental control

I recommend the 'Remington 870 marine magnum' for home defense.  I gave mine to pops for his boat.  Seriously, give it a look.  Me chambering a shell in my duck gun (regular Remmie' 870 express) was enough for an intruder last year.  He decided he didn't want any and retreated outta the yard (and yes he was really advancing at my wife/house until I intervened)

https://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/shotgun/870marinemag%5B1a%5D.jpg\

you can put a pistol grip on her (the gun/not my wife).

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-02-26 20:11:21)

imortal
+240|6671|Austin, TX

Reciprocity wrote:

I wonder how many of these cartel weapons were legally sold or given to the mexican government by our government. 

fucking mexicans.
Actually, a lot of the weapons the mexican gangs use come from the Mexican army or the Mexican police force!  And why are we passing domestic laws in the US to affect crime in another nation, none of whom pay taxes to our goverment or vote in our elections?  Perhaps, just to thank us.

Oh, and just to bring back an old phase "It's the criminals, stupid!"
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5708|College Park, MD

Poseidon wrote:

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." ~ Jefferson
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13rin
+977|6485

imortal wrote:

Oh, and just to bring back an old phase "It's the criminals, stupid!"
Mexican Government/police = criminals
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command

Poseidon wrote:

According the the old fashioned constitution every able bodied man has a duty to protect the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.

I will not quibble; I have hunting rifles for hunting and a pistol for home defense. My assault rifle is to engage in combat with enemies of the United States. The ones inside our border, I mean.

Now, I am not saying that the situation is such that such drastic measures are required. Indeed, any citizen who proclaims that federal authorities are to be fired upon is engaged in the most extreme of follies and needs to be charged with sedition and inciting a civil war. But to suggest that people do not need to be prepared to defend themselves against a tyranical government is UNAMERICAN.
imortal
+240|6671|Austin, TX

Poseidon wrote:

First, it is not a matter of need.  Freedom means not having to explain yourself.  Why do you need a car that can do over 100 mph when there are almost no speed limits above 80mph?  Do you need sports cars?  Do you even need to play video games? 

Second, the laws are written by people who have no understanding of firearms.  It is like outlawing red cars because they get more speeding tickets.

Third, the new push of the administration (Pelosi & co.) have made 'improvements' on the old Brady 'Crime' Law:  Expanded defintitions to outlaw more types, including pump action shotguns, allowing for an annual tax on currently owned 'assault weapons,' but makes no limits on how high the tax is or how often the tax can be raised or changed.  The bill they introduced last year banned gunsmithing, so no repairs of firearms that break would be allowed.  If it breaks, you would have to buy a new one, but sorry they are all illegal now.  And let us not forget that the 'Assault Rifle' ban also included pistols, too.  That whole 10 round magazine cap, pistols with magazines in from of the trigger, 'saturday night specials?'
rdx-fx
+955|6598

Poseidon wrote:

Personally, I'm more dangerous with a bolt action rifle.  A good bolt action rifle, and perhaps a pistol are all that is needed, really.

If a former Army engineer NCO ever snapped and went off-the-rails psychotic, the assault rifle in their hands is of little concern - the champagne bottle, twine of yard, jug of diesel and paper bag of misc. 'stuff' from Acme Hardware Store & Farm Supply .. that is the dangerous part.

Some perspective backround info, to help answer your question;
"The CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) was created by the U.S. Congress. The original purpose was to provide civilians an opportunity to learn and practice marksmanship skills so they would be skilled marksmen if later called on to serve the U.S. military.

2nd Amendment to the US Constitution
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Admiral during WW-2)

"No free man shall be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

A Nation of Riflemen First Needs Men

article wrote:

Early in World War II, Japan considered invading the mainland of the United States. Admiral Isoroku Yamoto, commander in chief of the Japanese naval forces and architect of the Pearl Harbor bombing, advised against invading. Twenty years prior, Admiral Yamoto had spent a few years in the United States studying at Harvard University. Based on his experience with American culture, Admiral Yamoto reportedly told his government, “I would never invade the United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.”

Admiral Yamoto’s observation speaks to the heart of America’s uniqueness. The Admiral observed, in essence, that America was not a nation of subjects, who could be expected to cower and hope for their government to save them. It was a nation of citizens ready, willing, and able to defend their piece of ground against all comers, as a matter of civic duty, personal responsibility, and pride. It was the presence of citizens such as these–not the United States military–that filled his heart with fear.

From the drafting of the Bill of Rights onward, America has placed its faith not in the hands of a cultural, political, or academic elite, or in a standing military, but rather in the hands of armed, self-reliant citizens with the desire and ability to care for themselves. The United States was designed not to be a nation of subejcts, like every other on earth, but a nation of men. A nation of riflemen.

It is unsurprising that the Admiral, coming from the conformist culture of Japan, was impressed by the gritty self-reliance of American culture. Even in the soft confines of Harvard, the social norm of individualism was in sufficient evidence to catch Admiral Yamoto’s attention.

The Admiral’s concern came not just from the individualistic spirit he observed in American culture, but also from the rifles that would fill their capable hands if an invasion was attempted. America at that time, and throughout most of its history, prided itself on being a “nation of riflemen,” where every able-bodied man was, if not a master marksman, at least competent in the use of a longarm.

The concept of a “nation of riflemen” was not the product of some unhealthy cultural obsession with weapons, nor did it arise from any remarkable immediate threat to popular safety. The concept was the natural outgrowth of spirit evident in the very founding of the United States, the spirit that made Americans unique and America great. The rifle is, implicitly, the symbol of the self-reliant American.

Why use a rifle as the symbol of self-reliance? Because no other thing, word, or sign is nearly as fitting. In The Prince, Nicolo Machievelli wrote, “[b]etween an armed and an unarmed man, there is no comparison whatsoever . . . .” An unarmed man is, by definition, a dependent. He is incapable of securing his own safety. He must depend on someone else to defend him against attack, whether from a stray dog, a lone criminal, an organized gang, or a foreign army. He rightly fears any separation from society, because solitude separates him from those who can defend him and singles him out as a target for those who might wish to harm him. He is tied by his interest in self-preservation to whoever assumes the burden of defending him. His need to be defended puts him at the mercy of his defender, and over time, he by neccesity becomes their subject."

An armed man, by contrast, has the means for independence. While he may choose to avail himself of help in securing his own safety, he does not need it. He can, if he chooses, seperate himself from society without fear, confident that he can preserve himself without aid. He can even hunt meat, skins, and furs for his own food and clothes, freeing himself at least in part from the social economy. He is not fundamentally dependent on anyone, and therefore has no need to become subject to another’s demands. Moreover, he has the means to resist anyone who would seek to force him into subjectivity. A rifle, more than any other tool, enables a man who desires self-reliance to attain it.

Just as the spirit of self-reliance is stillborn if the person it inspires is unarmed, a rifle is worse than useless in the hands of someone without the mindset to use it for its intended purpose. It takes a man–a real man, who believes in personal responsibility, in a duty to defend himself, his family, and his friends, who values courage and seeks to posess it–to make a rifleman of the sort whose existence deterred the Japanese from invading the US.

America, sadly, seems to be a nation with a rapidly dwindling population of such men. Biologically male humans continue to be born and to die at normal rates, but men are increasingly scarce. Public schools raise boys to be good little girls by punishing any sign of initiative, assertiveness, decisiveness, aggression, stubborness, or independence of thought–traits essential to a self-reliant man; traits our Founding Fathers had in spades. Attributes found in most boys and that would, if left alone, develop in manhood into a capacity for self-reliance, are shamed and punished out of many of them before they graduate junior high.

On the other side of the age spectrum, the government seeks endlessly to expand entitlement programs such as universal health care, and will likely continue to push until everyone in America is, in one fashion or another, dependent on it for some essential service. Self-reliance is, literally, in danger of becoming outlawed. It is unsurprising that many state governments also seek to outlaw firearms, the symbol of self-reliance. The passion and persistence of the anti-gun movement is inexplicable until understood in the context of the symbolic importance of firearms. It is not firearms these politicians hate with such vehemence–after all, hating a piece of inanimate iron is too silly to be contemplated seriously by intelligent adults–but rather the self-reliance symbolized by firearms. They seek to ban not guns per se, but rather the kind man who neither wants, nor needs, nor can be compelled to accept their vision of a wholly dependent society, guided by the wisdom of an elite few.

America still has plenty of rifles, at least for the moment. What she lacks is men–the kind of men in whose hands a rifle is not merely a weapon, but a symbol of freedom, a condemnation of tyranny, and a standing refusal to become a subject. The Constitutional drafters understood that the existence of liberty requires on such men, and drafted the Second Amendment to ensure that they would always remain armed. The drafters never anticipated that the self-reliant man would be outlawed before the rifles were.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

My friend, the term 'assault rifle' is kinda, pardon the pun, loaded.  But since you ask, the most arguable reason is one is necessary in Katrina type instances.  I live in Florida, it is a reality.  I don't rely on the police (I do like em' though).

Granted any moron can file and alter sear pins or machine specific parts to convert many semi-automatics into fully-automatics.  This is just another stab at larger more restrictive governmental control

I recommend the 'Remington 870 marine magnum' for home defense.  I gave mine to pops for his boat.  Seriously, give it a look.  Me chambering a shell in my duck gun (regular Remmie' 870 express) was enough for an intruder last year.  He decided he didn't want any and retreated outta the yard.

http://www.remington.com/images/product … B1a%5D.jpg\

you can put a pistol grip on her.
Pos was talking about Assault Rifles in specific, and not just all weapons encompassed by the previous ban.

There is no reason for a civilian to carry around an automatic weapon, unless they're drug muscle and use a MAC-10 to keep bustahz from rollin in on their cornahz yo'. But seriously, I still don' know what the point of buying this crap is.

You said you got a 100 round magazine, that's some Light Support Weapon shit. ATG is worried about 12.7 rounds, does he want to stop a car?

I can see if you enjoy hunting and want a bolt-action rifle or a shotgun, or if you live in a bad area and don't feel safe without a piece, but I don't understand why you would want to through your money away at something so excessive.

Unless you got a small dick, that would explain everything.
imortal
+240|6671|Austin, TX

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I recommend the 'Remington 870 marine magnum' for home defense.  I gave mine to pops for his boat.  Seriously, give it a look.  Me chambering a shell in my duck gun (regular Remmie' 870 express) was enough for an intruder last year.  He decided he didn't want any and retreated outta the yard (and yes he was really advancing at my wife/house until I intervened)

http://www.remington.com/images/product … B1a%5D.jpg\

you can put a pistol grip on her.
Nice pic, but under the NEW weapon ban, that little beauty would be illegal, sorry.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5592

ATG wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

According the the old fashioned constitution every able bodied man has a duty to protect the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.

I will not quibble; I have hunting rifles for hunting and a pistol for home defense. My assault rifle is to engage in combat with enemies of the United States. The ones inside our border, I mean.

Now, I am not saying that the situation is such that such drastic measures are required. Indeed, any citizen who proclaims that federal authorities are to be fired upon is engaged in the most extreme of follies and needs to be charged with sedition and inciting a civil war. But to suggest that people do not need to be prepared to defend themselves against a tyranical government is UNAMERICAN.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Note the second and third words.
imortal
+240|6671|Austin, TX

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Pos was talking about Assault Rifles in specific, and not just all weapons encompassed by the previous ban.

There is no reason for a civilian to carry around an automatic weapon, unless they're drug muscle and use a MAC-10 to keep bustahz from rollin in on their cornahz yo'. But seriously, I still don' know what the point of buying this crap is.

You said you got a 100 round magazine, that's some Light Support Weapon shit. ATG is worried about 12.7 rounds, does he want to stop a car?

I can see if you enjoy hunting and want a bolt-action rifle or a shotgun, or if you live in a bad area and don't feel safe without a piece, but I don't understand why you would want to through your money away at something so excessive.

Unless you got a small dick, that would explain everything.
Guess what?  Of all those nasty 'assault weapons' being attacked by the Democrats, less than 0.1% of them are fully automatic.  You can not just walk into a gun store and buy a fully automatic firearm in the United States.  You either need a Class III liscence to deal in or sell "weapons of mass destruction," or have a BATF tax stamp to purchase a single 'prohibited' item.  Only a very small group of companies deal in these things.

There is a HUGE difference between SEMI AUTOMATIC and FULLY AUTOMATIC!!!
Reciprocity
+721|6587|the dank(super) side of Oregon

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

There is no reason for a civilian to carry around an automatic weapon
civilians don't carry around automatic weapons.  Current laws make automatic weapons very expensive to procure.  legally owned automatic weapons exist, but they aren't used to commit crimes.  Poor people commit crimes and the generally use poor people weapons.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard