Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

I loved Joint Ops...still my favorite multi-player game ever.  I hope this is just as fun as that was.

http://www.novalogic.com/DFAF/angelfalls.htm
coke
Aye up duck!
+436|5052|England. Stoke
Yeah man hope it picks up where Joint Ops picked off. The stuff you could do on that in mp was
Used to love some long range sniper fun.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

coke wrote:

Yeah man hope it picks up where Joint Ops picked off. The stuff you could do on that in mp was
Used to love some long range sniper fun.
i loved the day / night cycle.  i also thought it was cool you could play a round..go to work, come home, and the battle was still going.

not to mention the mortars

Last edited by usmarine (2009-02-25 19:31:42)

coke
Aye up duck!
+436|5052|England. Stoke
Oh yeah forgot about the day/night thing that was a really good feature and the mortars were excellent, and shit like loading the buggies into back of the chinooks!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+712|5028|United States of America
It better go back to BHD-style combat ( tbh) than that JO shit. However, I'm looking forward to it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

DesertFox- wrote:

It better go back to BHD-style combat ( tbh) than that JO shit. However, I'm looking forward to it.
joint ops was the most fun i have ever had playing a video game
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|4836|Oklahoma City
I think what I had the most fun with was loading up a littlebird with clanmates with noobtubes (or even a 'nade jeep for lulz) and spamming at control points.
I wish I could have gotten an entire team to use mortars sometime, it would have been awesome.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|4783|Brisbane, Australia

When I played JO at a friends house I had no idea wtf was going on, but it seemed like an ultimate game. My friend always raved about it.

So, yes...hope this is like that.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

When I played JO at a friends house I had no idea wtf was going on, but it seemed like an ultimate game. My friend always raved about it.

So, yes...hope this is like that.
my friend said he is re-installing joint ops.  i am curious to see if people still play it.
coke
Aye up duck!
+436|5052|England. Stoke

usmarine wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

When I played JO at a friends house I had no idea wtf was going on, but it seemed like an ultimate game. My friend always raved about it.

So, yes...hope this is like that.
my friend said he is re-installing joint ops.  i am curious to see if people still play it.
I had the exact same thought after seeing this thread last night!
So reinstalling now, will let you know how it goes.
coke
Aye up duck!
+436|5052|England. Stoke
Installed, eventually managed to find a link the manually update (auto updater no longer works). Seems there still quite a few people playing saw 2 well populated servers (50 +), and also apparently there is a beta for a new patch out, which is being used to test some features for the new title. Found it a little frustrating at first probably cus I haven't played in so long and both the maps I played weren't the best, worst aspect is how bad the player animations now seem. Probably keep it installed for a bit tho and give it a few more tries.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

coke wrote:

Installed, eventually managed to find a link the manually update (auto updater no longer works). Seems there still quite a few people playing saw 2 well populated servers (50 +), and also apparently there is a beta for a new patch out, which is being used to test some features for the new title. Found it a little frustrating at first probably cus I haven't played in so long and both the maps I played weren't the best, worst aspect is how bad the player animations now seem. Probably keep it installed for a bit tho and give it a few more tries.
ya he said he played a server with 64 out of 100 this morning.  gonna install tomorrow i reckon.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|4789|The Land of Scott Walker
Can you get Joint Ops free yet?  Linkey?
coke
Aye up duck!
+436|5052|England. Stoke

Stingray24 wrote:

Can you get Joint Ops free yet?  Linkey?
Don't think you can as you still need a Novaworld account with the relevant keys and stuff. And apparently they have clamped down a lot on hackers and crack users etc with their own automated admin recently. But you made be able to find a key from somewhere after all the game is so old that a lot people will have stop using their keys and the accounts get deleted after long periods of inactivity.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

wow....i love this game for some reason.  seems very lame compared to COD or BF2, but i love it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|4843|so randum
these the guys that made BHD?

cause i fucking loved that game, on par with BF2 for me
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

FatherTed wrote:

these the guys that made BHD?
i reckon
RookTgz
The Rookie
+8|3885
Well Delta Force Angel Falls is set to be released in 2010 on a completely new engine so I doubt there will be gameplay like JO because JO's engine was modified and very buggy and after all it is part of the Delta Force franchise. So if you liked DF:BHD then you will probably like this.

Also they have a game coming out this year called Delta Force Xtreme 2 or DFX2. Its on pre-sale at Amazon and Newegg.

Here are some screenshots of DF:X2 and DF:AF

Screenshots

The graphics are okay, not as pretty as the newest games but it is the Delta Force series, the gameplay is ace and the weapons ballistics are very fun.

The great thing about these games from Novalogic is you're not stuck in a 500 Meter map, you can go anywhere in the map up to quite a few kilometers.

Last edited by RookTgz (2009-02-27 08:17:40)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

RookTgz wrote:

The great thing about these games from Novalogic is you're not stuck in a 500 Meter map, you can go anywhere in the map up to quite a few kilometers.
i would agree that is the number one thing for me imo
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

well if anyone installs it again, my screen name is:

WrekkaFromMecca
Commie Killer
Member
+192|4730
Downloaded, but when I try to install it says it failed to start because binkw32.dll wasnt round, am I supposed to extract both these files to some place? Both the Jointops.rar and binkw32.dll?
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,748|5115|USA

Wait, Novalogic still exists?
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|4279
JOTR rules so much!

Would be awesome to have 10 guys get in a Blackhawk and fly out to a combat zone, then tell 3 guys with mortars to blow the shit out of it. Then 10 seconds later hearing "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" *BOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM" and rushing in and taking it.

ahhhh good times...good times....


EDIT: I just went away to find the disk and now I can't find it to reinstall the game. Oh well...I'll browse the internet to see if I can DL it, I have the CD key.

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2009-02-28 08:05:10)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5105

Bradt3hleader wrote:

JOTR rules so much!

Would be awesome to have 10 guys get in a Blackhawk and fly out to a combat zone, then tell 3 guys with mortars to blow the shit out of it. Then 10 seconds later hearing "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" *BOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM" and rushing in and taking it.

ahhhh good times...good times....


EDIT: I just went away to find the disk and now I can't find it to reinstall the game. Oh well...I'll browse the internet to see if I can DL it, I have the CD key.
had a blast last night.....fucking stingers
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|4566|Escea

I remember only playing Joint Ops once for a few mins at a LAN cafe, was knocking around on the dirtbike on an unpopulated server waiting for my mates to join. They never did

Is it a bit like Flashpoint but not as simulated and more facepaced?

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2009-02-28 15:04:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard