Pup0311
+3|6663
BADGES....WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES....Sorry had to be done

Okay for real now...

Some ribbons and badges have multiple IAR criteria.  For example, I believe that the Air Defens Ribbon requires that you spend 3 minutes in an AA vehicle/stinger launcher (IAR) and also 11 kills from said AA vehicle/stinger launcher (IAR).

My questions are:

(1) Do both of these IAR criteria have to occur in the same round?

(2) Do the kills have to be "airborne" kills or can I chew up a cluster of infantry in a Linebacker and that count towards my 11 kills in an AA vehicle?

Thank you in advance to those who take the time to answer this question.  PUP0311
Mario-C
+0|6744|Wellington Nz
1) yes
2) yes you can use a linebacker to kill infantry and it counts
Guerin24
+0|6663
Thats how I got my Basic AA badge and then the ribbon
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6666
same here
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
I'm no expert, although I do have the Veteran Air Defense badge and Air Defense ribbon...
I know it sounds kind-of smart-assed, but you're going to spend way more than three minutes in the Linebacker or in a Stinger to achieve the required eleven kills.  Main thing to remember is... ENJOY YOURSELF!

Last edited by MURPHY-D. (2006-01-30 17:05:04)

petethecheese
+9|6764|England
yes to both.  You can also be a commander and as long as you're mounted in the AA seat (or gun/AT for ground defense) Artillery kills also count towards your total kills.
SargeJp
+87|6751|Canada
just be commander in a 64 players server and get in a air defense. then just arty ur enemies. the arty kills will count for ur AA kills because you're in the AA
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6677|Kingswood Country

SargeJp wrote:

just be commander in a 64 players server and get in a air defense. then just arty ur enemies. the arty kills will count for ur AA kills because you're in the AA
This is true - not necessarily the most honourable way of getting em, but fair enough. Obviously works the same if you are trying to get armour ribbon etc - ie, hog the tank park it and claim the arty kills as done in vehicle.

Would only suggest doing this with a jeep for your transport badge or similar - unless you like the taste of C4 teamkills and mutiny votes for flogging and then camping in a vital tank asset.

Besides - it is like getting your mates to fall onto your knife for the badge; sure you have the award, but you haven't really 'qualified' in using the asset.

Last edited by Ekfud (2006-01-30 17:20:40)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard