phishman420
Banned
+821|5700
i have a 16gb touch right now, but i'm tired of running out of space and want to get something new. tell me why i shouldn't get an ipod classic 120gb for $225.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York
inb4Freezer

You should. Get it. I don't think here is the best place to ask tbh.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6421|dm_maidenhead
If you need the space go for it.
I have the 32GB iPod touch and love it, but it may be too expensive or not big enough for what you want.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5700
i want to know the other options though. i dont know shit about mp3 players that arent ipods. i already have a blackberry, so i dont care about internet or apps. i just want to play music easily.

Peter wrote:

If you need the space go for it.
I have the 32GB iPod touch and love it, but it may be too expensive or not big enough for what you want.
i want at least 50gb

Last edited by phishman420 (2009-02-22 12:21:29)

Defiance
+438|6690

If you can stand the sound quality of a touch and use MP3, then there's no reason you won't be happy with a 120GB classic if your only requirement is playing music easily. For Price/GB, you probably won't find better.

Plus, you probably already have everything in iTunes so the transition won't bother you.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6472|The Twilight Zone
Netbook>Headroom micro DAC>Meier audio Corda xxs>AKG K701 all in one huge pocket
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5807|Catherine Black

.Sup wrote:

Netbook>Headroom micro DAC>Meier audio Corda xxs>AKG K701 all in one huge pocket
I'll take this one.

wat
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
phishman420
Banned
+821|5700
no
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5807|Catherine Black

Zimmer wrote:

no
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6646|UK
Why don't you just vary the music that you have on your Touch? And only put the stuff on there that you like.

I have 30GB of music and an 8GB Nano ... I swap what's on my iPod every now and again.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5700

liquidat0r wrote:

Why don't you just vary the music that you have on your Touch? And only put the stuff on there that you like.

I have 30GB of music and an 8GB Nano ... I swap what's on my iPod every now and again.
id rather just have it all on there
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5999|Toronto
How much for your touch?

Last edited by TSI (2009-02-22 18:44:29)

I like pie.
ElementalDragon
+6|5589
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6018|The Mitten
Honestly, if you don't mind price issues, and you use and like iTunes and iPods, then it's fine, get it.
EE (hats
gnot<3
Leave blank to use forum default.
+45|5573
meh, I have a classic, to impress the ladies. 20 gigs out of 30 full of music, movies and pics. I love it, especially with my protective case.

So it's up to you. It's still just an ipod after all.
Defiance
+438|6690

ElementalDragon wrote:

http://www.archos.com
Overkill for OP.
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5832
I'm also looking for a music player (with video playing feature), with more than 80gb. Archos makes good stuff.
But are there more brand out there?
Benzin
+576|6017
Freezer will post something from Cowon.

Price for GB, though, Apple wins. I hate to say it, but it is true. Every new generation of the normal iPod has pretty much kept the price the same (or lowered it) for more storage space each and every time. If you are not an audiophile and don't really want to mess with the EQ and all that stuff all the time or whatever, then the iPod is best. I have it and it's plug and play on my 5G 30GB. 2nd best money I ever spent on personal entertainment. Netbook is the first.
i just use my 8gb iphone and swap out music every month. works just fine
Benzin
+576|6017

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

i just use my 8gb iphone and swap out music every month. works just fine
Lame. Dump it all there then you have everything constantly on demand. Trust me, once you have had everything on your player at once, you will never want to go back to swapping again.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6650|949

ElementalDragon wrote:

http://www.archos.com
It looks like they only sell the one with a 7" screen right now?  I'm looking for a new storage device/player too, but that thing is way too fucking big.  I have well over 50gb of music, maybe over 100gb, so something that fits that.  I was thinking the 120gb Zune...
phishman420
Banned
+821|5700
guess im just going to get the new 120 gig classic then

how is the sound quality on an ipod different from other players? as long as you have good headphones and a good quality download, that should be all you need...
ElementalDragon
+6|5589
Ken-Jennings:  they sell both the Archos 5 (roughly 4.8" screen i think), and the Archos 7 (with the 7" screen).  the Archos 5 is still quite easily pocketable.  i mean.... it won't be quite as tiny as an iPod Classic.... or not quite as sleek and status symbol-esque as an iTouch/iPhone.... but still pocketable, with much more storage.

CapnNismo:  I'm assuming you're talking about the iPod Classic?  Probably the reason why they've stayed in the decent price/GB range is because as far as i can tell they haven't added anything new to those ever since they added the ability to display pictures and play video's on a color screen.... but who wants to watch video on a screen that's roughly the size of your average cellphone screen?  Archos has added a BOATLOAD of features over their products time.... almost always one, or several steps ahead of Apple, and still tends to keep the prices quite comparable to Apple's considering.
Benzin
+576|6017
Phish, some other players allow you to fully customize the EQ settings (think WinAmp, but mobile) across the entire range. Once again, really just for audiophiles.

Elemental: I agree, the iPod Classic hasn't really added anything other than photos and video and storage space. But the screen isn't bad for watching movies. Connected to a Belkin battery pack, I got 10 hours of video out of my iPod Video. Very nice when the inflight entertainment is total shit. But watching the video on there is quite nice if you use a program like Videora that converts it specifically for that screen size. If you want the bigger screen, get the Touch or the iPhone or another player.

Here's the thing, though: that Archos is a PMP, but it is also edging into MID/tablet territory with the form factor and size. Having a PMP smaller than a pack of cards that can do photos or video whenever I need it, and not all the time, is quite a nice thing to have. Add to that the massive storage space and very user friendly interface ... The iPod really is the only product line that Apple has done right and managed to make the costs actually worth what comes in the box. Now their accessory line is something else ...

I will give Apple this one piece of credit: they are the only manufacturer that has been able to blend so many technologies into one unit (PMP, MID and communication), namely the iPhone. The company that can do all of those things as well will be the real iPhone killer. You have the Palm Pre that is set to knock it and the Blackberry out of the top smartphone positions, but it still lacks the PMP. But then, it also has a much different market.

Sorry, got to a bit of a ramble ... long train ride home ...

Last edited by CapnNismo (2009-02-23 11:09:02)

and how long would it take for you to listen to 120 gb worth of music?

according to my itunes i have 8,220 items/23.4 days/46.05 GB total of music

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard