pinkie_slapepd
+8|5573|♥♥
I pod touches are great as long as your careful not to abuse it... dropping it, swimming with it, throwing it etc... I've dropped mine a couple times and it still works and runs perfect.
ElementalDragon
+6|5590
Uuh.... yeah.... in the US, iPod Touch 8GB = $229 / 16GB = $299 / 32GB = $399.  You can get an Archos 5 60GB for $339 right now on Amazon.  $60 cheaper and almost double the storage.  Or, if you don't mind an Archos 5 that's like .4" thicker or something like that.... you can get a 120GB on Amazon for $389.... or the 160GB straight from Archos for $399.  so right there you got roughly 4-5 times the storage for the same price..... and you still get the touchscreen to scroll through a list of music, using gestures to flip through/rotate pictures or keep your finger pressed on a certain spot to zoom in.  Plus the already mentioned larger screen.... which by the way has excellent picture quality, and the built-in speaker which is quite nice for it's size.  Plus the lack of a headache just trying to get music onto it, and even less of a headache trying to get the music back off again.  Plus being able to connect it to a TV with a cheap little mini-dock if you don't feel like going all-out for the DVR station (Which i think is awesome, because if you use the mini-dock, it turns the screen on the Archos into a touchpad to move the cursor on the TV to navigate the menu's).

Don't see why anyone would want an 8GB media player.... which can EASILY be filled with a decent amount of music, or like.... 8 or less nice quality DVD rips.  Also don't see a point in not buying a player with a fraction of the storage space for a kinda negligible amount more money.

james@alienware:  uuh... yeah.... so are Archos players.  Archos players are also Linux-powered... and people have gotten previous models of Archos players to run on what i believe was a full-featured version of Linux too.  The difference is not paying an insane amount of money, and not feeling like a sheep.  i can't help but loathe the iPod Nation.  Walk around with a larger-than-a-Razr phone... "Hey, is that an iPhone?"  "uuh... no... not even close.... it's a Motorola Q9".  I could have gotten an iPhone.... but i'd prefer not to.  Wouldn't use one if someone gave me one.  Also hate when people see you listening to something that you're holding in your hand... "What iPod is that?"  "F*CK OFF!  it's NOT an IPOD!!"
baggs
+732|6224
Hay guys first post on my touch! Really fucking nice! My mate talked me in to buying it today, really impressed so far. So i'd like to say thanks to all who helped out

<3 baggs
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5736|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Damn, now I'm torn.

On one hand, there's the Archos, with a fucktonne of space and a browser with FLASH CAPABILITIES, for the same price,
But on the other, there's the touch, it looks pretty nice, and there's multitouch, and a billion+1 different apps and tools and games and all that jazz.

I'm perfectly fine with iTunes, and used it before I even had an iPod, then continued using it after(only recently switched to Songbird because iTunes crashes when all your music is on a network drive.)
But Songbird can manage both MTP and iPod devices so that's fine.

So I'm really stumped.

My Mind's leaning towards Archos buuuuuut....

(Note, I have absolutely no money to buy it now, so if I do, it'll be in at least 2 months eitehr way.)
ElementalDragon
+6|5590
Well.... my friend always made fun of me for being a serious Archos fan, saying that iPods are nice.  His mind was quickly made up that Archos is better due to not requiring iTunes or any other application like it to get music onto it.... and also because he put songs onto an iPod, and tried to retrieve them later, with no possibility of doing so, because the iPod split the files into multiple chunks and renamed them to something nowhere close to what they were.

And i don't see any reason why Multitouch would be a plus on a device with a 3.5" screen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard