FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

DonFck wrote:

About lowings fantastic source:

Wikipedia wrote:

WorldNetDaily, also known as WND, is a socially conservative and Christian right website founded in 1997.
Who's as NOT surprised as me?
mememe
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

I'll give you this lowing, your consistent.

You showed the kind of unwavering, uncriticizing, blind support for Bush usually kept reserved for fanatical religious types.

Your god has changed. Deal with it. This is a modern Reformation. Accept your new god!!
mikkel
+383|6603

lowing wrote:

mikkel wrote:

lowing wrote:

No the premise was real you blind followers of the Messiah Obama do make me sick, add this latest example to the list.

Again, now that you are done squirming about how this must be a joke and how this is only one bookstore, and how this is photoshopped. Please provide a good explaination for this, since the spokesperson for Borders can not.
I do not "follow" Obama, and I have not said that it was a "joke". I have said that the premise of your thread, which was to insinuate that Borders deliberately categorises Obama books as being religious in nature is false, and the proof you provide yourself confirms this. The spokesperson gave a perfectly good explanation for it. It was a chance occurence.

Rarely do I see people be as completely wrong as you were in this post. I guess that doesn't matter to you, though. You can just go back to your Messiah, WorldNetDaily, and find the next gob of semen to felch, right?
LOL, you mean you accept, the religion sign slipped over head, or the Obam books just happend to fall and they all landed on the religion bookshelf perfectly?

You are really gunna buy, " it was a chance occurance" as the explaination for this?
Are you an idiot? The spokesperson you quoted yourself said that the books weren't on a "religion bookshelf". Yes, I am going to think that it was a chance occurance, because there is absolutely nothing other than your rambling nonsense to suggest that it is anything else. For all you know, it could be someone on the Borders staff as mentally absent as yourself sheepishly adopting the "messiah" thing, and deliberately put them on the "religion bookshelf" to stir controversy. One is no more likely than the other. Luckily the rest of us are sane and competent enough to keep from slinging such ridiculous theories as truths.

Everyone and everything is telling you that you're wrong, but you're happily sticking to your conspiracy theory. I think the question that started my post answers itself.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I just had to point out that his source (like a lot of other posts he's made) isn't very credible.
Fact is, no source is credible on this forum if it is not agreed with.
The question is never the source, the question should always be, did it happen or is it true? People on here dismiss shit from any source they disagree with. It is a standard diversionary tactic. Trash the source so you do not have to defend against the story.
I'm pretty sure people are trashing this source because of the story's origins. A unnamed guy sent another guy a picture through an email. If the bookstore had confirmed the allegations it would be a more credible source.

Besides that, a sources biases should always make you suspicious.
The bookstore spokesperson acknowledged it
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

The bookstore spokesperson acknowledged it
Acknowledged what?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

FatherTed wrote:

So to summarise;

A single bookstore, has books on Obama in the childrens religion section.

And this is D&ST material how?
It falls in place with the mass hysteria surrounding Obamamania, its idiocy, and the people affected by it, and what they expect he will for them. Miracles.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

It falls in place with the mass hysteria surrounding Obamamania, its idiocy, and the people affected by it, and what they expect he will for them. Miracles.
Geez lowing, you could have made a thread about that, if that was the point you were trying to make. There are far better examples than this book shelf. lol!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Geez lowing, you could have made a thread about that, if that was the point you were trying to make. There are far better examples than this book shelf. lol!
Really? There are better examples than placing his life story under "relgion"?
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

In one store. One. By mistake.

Do you have a constant RSS feed from various fundamentalist Christian right wing conservative news sites with an "Obama"-filter, so that you can copy/paste every bit of trivial information on here about "how he is the Antichrist"?

Nice hobby you got there, buddy.
I need around tree fiddy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

and besides, this thread went like 4 or 5 pages in a few hours, must be something worth talking about. Not to even mention how defensive you all get when your God gets trashed.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

Yeah, you want to prove that there is hysteria everywhere he goes, just take a look at some of the placards and number of people who attended rallies, debates, inauguration. Look at all the merchandise that was peddled out around Inauguration day, especially in DC itself.

A single book in an obscure library in the middle of Texas was a pretty poor attempt to prove his "God like image" when there's so much content and variety out there to choose from.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Do you have a constant RSS feed from various fundamentalist Christian right wing conservative news sites with an "Obama"-filter, so that you can copy/paste every bit of trivial information on here about "how he is the Antichrist"?

Almost as trivial as trashing a president for 8 years for something as simple as his Texas accent. Where was your disgust then.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yeah, you want to prove that there is hysteria everywhere he goes, just take a look at some of the placards and number of people who attended rallies, debates, inauguration. Look at all the merchandise that was peddled out around Inauguration day, especially in DC itself.

A single book in an obscure library in the middle of Texas was a pretty poor attempt to prove his "God like image" when there's so much content and variety out there to choose from.
Like I said, Add this to the list. Also Borders is hardly an obscure bookstore, and Dallas is hardly an obscure town in Texas, but whatever.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

Like I said, Add this to the list. Also Borders is hardly an obscure bookstore, and Dallas is hardly an obscure town in Texas, but whatever.
So obscure that it took an internet chain mail and then a guy seeing a photo and deciding to take some more to bring this shocking news into the publics view.

Who has been trashing Bush's ascent? I can understand jokes about his "misunderestimations" but his ascent? That's pretty low.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

Almost as trivial as trashing a president for 8 years for something as simple as his Texas accent. Where was your disgust then.
No, I trashed that president for about 5-6 years, after his first fuckups, then again some more after he got elected with the minority vote. Not his accent. He could talk like a fucking leprechaun, that wouldn't change my opinion. Besides, you know nothing about my opinion on the matter (which basically is that he was more or less a puppet, and the decisions were made by his staff).

You, on the other hand are crying wolf because some bookstore probably had a shitty temp doing the job of organizing books on minimum wage.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

So obscure that it took an internet chain mail and then a guy seeing a photo and deciding to take some more to bring this shocking news into the publics view.

Who has been trashing Bush's ascent? I can understand jokes about his "misunderestimations" but his ascent? That's pretty low.
really, and what is "Dubya" supposed to addressing?

It was not a chain mail, and you will never read a thing in the main stream media saying anything bad about Obama if they can help it. If they can help it, i will be ignore, or just a brief article on page 3.

Look at the passes given on his cabinet full of tax cheats, and lobbyists.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
Do you know the only reason this got to 6 pages?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

lowing wrote:

Hey, stick to the topic at hand! We're discussing shelf placement in one bookstore.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Wow.

I'm having trouble thinking of more trivial topics over which to have a 140-post debate.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

really, and what is "Dubya" supposed to addressing?

It was not a chain mail, and you will never read a thing in the main stream media saying anything bad about Obama if they can help it. If they can help it, i will be ignore, or just a brief article on page 3.

It was a chain mail, that's how the story came to light. Lowing I don't think you've actually read the article you posted here.

Spark wrote:

Wow.

I'm having trouble thinking of more trivial topics over which to have a 140-post debate.
AU chat thread. 23552 posts and counting. lol

Last edited by AussieReaper (2009-02-20 04:17:46)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

AussieReaper wrote:

Lowing I don't think you've actually read the article you posted here.

DonFck wrote:

..a constant RSS feed from various fundamentalist Christian right wing conservative news sites with an "Obama"-filter, so that you can copy/paste every bit of trivial information on here about "how he is the Antichrist"
I'm guessing that includes not reading the article first. Quantity over quality.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

No, I trashed that president for about 5-6 years, after his first fuckups, then again some more after he got elected with the minority vote. Not his accent. He could talk like a fucking leprechaun, that wouldn't change my opinion. Besides, you know nothing about my opinion on the matter (which basically is that he was more or less a puppet, and the decisions were made by his staff).

You, on the other hand are crying wolf because some bookstore probably had a shitty temp doing the job of organizing books on minimum wage.
Get over yourself for a second. I wasn't talking about you. In general on this forum Bush has been made fun of because of his accent, ( something trivial) I asked YOU, where YOUR disgust was about its trivial nature? I did not say YOU did it.

Ahh I see, another excuse, had to be a dumbass employee now. It just could never be done unpurpose with the intentions of a message.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

FatherTed wrote:

Do you know the only reason this got to 6 pages?
K, you've got a lot to reply to, so i'll answer my own question

It's because you're a fucking headcase when it come to petty shite like this. Get back to proper debating, you're quite good at that.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hey, stick to the topic at hand! We're discussing shelf placement in one bookstore.
lol
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I wait with baited breath for the next thread of lowings that includes Obama in the thread title or as the subject matter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard