AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

this train of thought is exactly what we are up against with this administration.
"It is not and will not be the policy of the Obama administration," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters, when asked for the president's thoughts about Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood's suggestion, raised in an interview with The Associated Press a daily earlier.
Source

It was so flatly rejected it took less than a whole day to discount the proposal after it had even been brought up.

Yeah, that's the kind of thinking your up against with this administration?
Ya know, It would not matter to you if the propsal was on the table to kill the first born of every household for population control, I guess. As long as it was discussed, and then rejected.

Govt. is the only solution according to this administration. I disagree, plain and simple
Ya really need to wake up
Nice, take an extreme case which would never occur, then attribute it to my stance and then argue against me and my fictional belief just to say I need to wake up.

Your a class act, lowing. Points for the kill the first born proposal though, that's something only a Republican die hard would come up with. Just like this gas mileage tax idea. Oops.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
die thread die
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6549|San Diego, CA, USA
Syria supports Hezbollah (a terrorist group in Lebanon).  They provide monetary and logistical support to that organization.  They may have also been responsible for the death of a prominent politician in Lebanon before they were ousted from the country a few years back.

Memories are short and selective it seems.

Now before you say, Hezbollah is not a terrorist group, let me remind you that they, like Hamas, shoot rockets into Israel indiscriminately into civilian areas - this is against the Geneva Convention as each rocket is considered a War Crime.  Do I need to even mention the torture and killed they do to Israeli soldiers (under the GC enemy combatants that wear a uniform are to kept as prisoners to the end of hostilities).

But I bet even with all that I'm still wrong, right?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

Wow, that was an epic dodge there. Kudos for ignoring any details of his post.

Well what is it you wanna me to do, fly to Syria and do some investigating reporting to prove him wrong?

How about this, how about he post links along with his assumptions, that supports his statement.

Ya know, kinda like what I did with mine. Show me where therest of the world loves Syria and does not think they support terrorism.
You mean like the link I included about the EU urging the US not to impose sanctions on Syria in the first place?

You were concerned about Obama lifting the sanctions against Syria. I said the rest of the world would be pleased. I then post a link showing that the EU were opposed to the sanctions in the first place. That is a link that supports my statement.

It is not remotely difficult to show that the rest of the world (and by that I mean the vast majority - Israel obviously are quite happy about them) are either indifferent to the sanctions on Syria or opposed to them. There was not serious opposition to them being imposed, but nations did advise the US against them and did not follow suite when the US imposed them.

To suggest that removing the sanctions on Syria is something that damage the image of the US globally is poppycock. Since you have brought this stupid notion to the table, I suggest you prove it.
The EU is largely anti-war ( peace at any price), this is the reason they do not want to sanction Syria, ( peace at any price) they d onot want to upset them. THe US has taken a stand against Al Queda and those that support them. It is strange how your article does not refute the aligations of Syria's involvement and cooperation with terrorist groups. Their olny concern is upsetting someone. Right or wrong they have never discussed.
Warhammer
+18|5682

Turquoise wrote:

Warhammer wrote:

What kind of terrorism. I am sorry, but terrorism to me is more of targeting non-combatants. I know that there are several definitions, but I am curious how America is founded on which kind of terrorism.
In the buildup to the Revolutionary War, we killed a lot of Tories.  Our history is pretty bloody, and the Founding Fathers did have a darker side in that they weren't particularly merciful to the British (including non-combatants).

While I take pride in us establishing our independence, I also acknowledge that the difference between freedom fighting and terrorism is sometimes a matter of opinion.
Thanks for the info. Were British particularly not merciful towards us as well?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

this train of thought is exactly what we are up against with this administration.
Source

It was so flatly rejected it took less than a whole day to discount the proposal after it had even been brought up.

Yeah, that's the kind of thinking your up against with this administration?
Ya know, It would not matter to you if the propsal was on the table to kill the first born of every household for population control, I guess. As long as it was discussed, and then rejected.

Govt. is the only solution according to this administration. I disagree, plain and simple
Ya really need to wake up
Nice, take an extreme case which would never occur, then attribute it to my stance and then argue against me and my fictional belief just to say I need to wake up.

Your a class act, lowing. Points for the kill the first born proposal though, that's something only a Republican die hard would come up with. Just like this gas mileage tax idea. Oops.
Your stance is that it doesn't matter what govt. officials do as long as the last guy rejects it. Not the checks and balances I amwanting in my govt. Sorry.

and yes based on your "so what" attitude, the govt. can propose anything on the people as long as it eventually get rejected.

I am looking at this from the little more disturbing aspects that govt. officals so close to the president has this sort of mentality and will for the people.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Warhammer wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Warhammer wrote:

What kind of terrorism. I am sorry, but terrorism to me is more of targeting non-combatants. I know that there are several definitions, but I am curious how America is founded on which kind of terrorism.
In the buildup to the Revolutionary War, we killed a lot of Tories.  Our history is pretty bloody, and the Founding Fathers did have a darker side in that they weren't particularly merciful to the British (including non-combatants).

While I take pride in us establishing our independence, I also acknowledge that the difference between freedom fighting and terrorism is sometimes a matter of opinion.
Thanks for the info. Were British particularly not merciful towards us as well?
In some cases yes, in others no.

Eventually, a hostage trade was essentially started.  The British captured a lot of rebels ("patriots"), but the rebels captured many Tories and British troops.  So, captives often became sufficient leverage for trading to occur.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Is it now confirmed that Obama descended from apes?

https://i42.tinypic.com/347cz0j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread before

lowing at his best tbh ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Varegg wrote:

Ironic enough considering why he was voted into office and the banner at the bottom of the page ( DO you regret voting for Obama"). Pretty much enough said about your Messiah

Last edited by lowing (2009-03-05 08:55:39)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Ironic enough considering why he was voted into office and the banner at the bottom of the page ( DO you regret voting for Obama"). Pretty much enough said about your Messiah
I get some FPS shooter ad
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard