FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6415|'Murka

mafia996630 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Wow, who could have guessed the thread's change in direction.
Anyone who's been a regular on this forum for more than six months.
O dedicated one, please do forgive my innocence.
It wasn't a dig, Alice.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX
They don't change direction, unless you're saying something changes direction as it goes into the whirlpool on the way down the inevitable lowing islamophobia plughole.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-02-21 04:14:02)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6586|SE London

Man beheads wife, in upstate NY, any guesses as to what religion?
Was he Christian? They currently behead the most people annually (Africa + Central America + South America), so that'd make sense...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6409|North Carolina

Bertster7 wrote:

Was he Christian? They currently behead the most people annually (Africa + Central America + South America), so that'd make sense...
Eh?  Beheading?  Seriously?

Obviously, Christians kill people just like Muslims do, but beheading is more of a Middle Eastern kind of thing.  Isn't it?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6586|SE London

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Obviously, Christians kill people just like Muslims do, but beheading is more of a Middle Eastern kind of thing.  Isn't it?
No. For example, there are more than 5000 drug related beheadings in Mexico each year - in South America it is much the same. In Africa many, many thousands are beheaded each year, usually with machettes, often in front of their families, often after serious sexual abuse and humiliation.

In Saudi Arabia, for example, there are fewer than 200 beheadings each year (about 2/week of those are official executions).

I haven't gone over the figures for every country, but I've gone over a lot and there is a very, very clear trend.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-02-21 10:54:57)

Turquoise
O Canada

Bertster7 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

No. For example, there are more than 5000 drug related beheadings in Mexico each year - in South America it is much the same. In Africa many, many thousands are beheaded each year, usually with Machettes, often in front of their families, often after serious sexual abuse and humiliation.

In Saudi Arabia, for example, there are fewer than 200 beheadings each year.

I haven't gone over the figures for every country, but I've gone over a lot and there is a very, very clear trend.
Well shit...  you learn something new everyday.

I knew Africa had a lot of murder going on, but I just figured beheading was a bit impractical compared to say...  shooting someone in the head.

I also didn't know it was so common in Mexico.  It seems like the more you discover about Mexico, the more fucked up it really is.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

No. For example, there are more than 5000 drug related beheadings in Mexico each year - in South America it is much the same. In Africa many, many thousands are beheaded each year, usually with Machettes, often in front of their families, often after serious sexual abuse and humiliation.

I knew Africa had a lot of murder going on, but I just figured beheading was a bit impractical compared to say...  shooting someone in the head.

I also didn't know it was so common in Mexico.  It seems like the more you discover about Mexico, the more fucked up it really is.
In Mexico etc.  it is a crime, according to Islam, it is your right and the assailant does not see what the problem is... I dunno about you, but I see a difference.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6586|SE London

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

In Mexico etc.  it is a crime, according to Islam, it is your right and the assailant does not see what the problem is... I dunno about you, but I see a difference.
Are you claiming beheading someone is not a crime in Islamic states? Are you suggesting that the man beheading his wife in NY was not commiting a crime?

What is your point? It is always a crime (unless state sanctioned - which is a totally different scenario) to behead someone.

Yes I see a difference. Mexico is a country, Islam is a religion. Big difference there.

Yet again I see you've moved onto your typical trick of comparing two incomparable things - this time comparing Mexico with Islam. What the fuck is the point of that? Where is your argument going? Where is your argument? You're just spewing out seemingly random hate propaganda about Islam every five minutes - that is when you're not criticising Obama. At least take the time to come up with a proper point.
Turquoise
O Canada

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Are you claiming beheading someone is not a crime in Islamic states? Are you suggesting that the man beheading his wife in NY was not commiting a crime?

What is your point? It is always a crime (unless state sanctioned - which is a totally different scenario) to behead someone.

Yes I see a difference. Mexico is a country, Islam is a religion. Big difference there.

Yet again I see you've moved onto your typical trick of comparing two incomparable things - this time comparing Mexico with Islam. What the fuck is the point of that? Where is your argument going? Where is your argument? You're just spewing out seemingly random hate propaganda about Islam every five minutes - that is when you're not criticising Obama. At least take the time to come up with a proper point.
I think he's saying that some interpretations of Sharia Law allow you to kill your wife if she "dishonors" you.

Granted, as far as I know, the only governments that generally allowed this sort of thing were things like the Taliban when they ran Afghanistan.

Now, it is true that countries like Saudi Arabia allow you to beat your wife.  I think beheading would still be illegal though.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Yeah that is what I am saying It would appear that honor killings are justifed by Islam. I may be wrong, but that is the impression I am left with.

I did not say the guy in NY didn't commit a crime, he did, since his dumb ass was in NY and not, say, Iran or Saudi or some fucked up ME country.

Perhaps if you check your hatred and disgust for me, and actually read what I what I post, instead of bowing up because I posted it. You might read more clearly. What I post is not that far fetched
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Yeah that is what I am saying It would appear that honor killings are justifed by Islam. I may be wrong, but that is the impression I am left with.

I did not say the guy in NY didn't commit a crime, he did, since his dumb ass was in NY and not, say, Iran or Saudi or some fucked up ME country.

Perhaps if you check your hatred and disgust for me, and actually read what I what I post, instead of bowing up because I posted it. You might read more clearly. What I post is not that far fetched
I think what Bert was mostly pointing out is that, while some fanatics of Islam believe in honor killings, the governments of most Muslim nations don't allow it.  Pakistan has a serious problem with honor killings right now, but their government still prosecutes people who do them.

Now, whether or not the Quran was written in a way to actually justify honor killings is a matter for theologians to discuss.  I don't know enough about the Quran to really say either way on that one.  Perhaps, there are some members here more familiar with it who can explain what might apply.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6655|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

I think what Bert was mostly pointing out is that, while some fanatics of Islam believe in honor killings, the governments of most Muslim nations don't allow it.  Pakistan has a serious problem with honor killings right now, but their government still prosecutes people who do them.

Now, whether or not the Quran was written in a way to actually justify honor killings is a matter for theologians to discuss.  I don't know enough about the Quran to really say either way on that one.  Perhaps, there are some members here more familiar with it who can explain what might apply.
It does not matter Turquoise, the fact that they it occurs enough in Islam that it warrants it own name within that culture is quite enough.
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

It does not matter Turquoise, the fact that they it occurs enough in Islam that it warrants it own name within that culture is quite enough.
Well, for what it's worth, it's a pre-Islamic tradition.

It's basically a lingering reminder of the barbaric origins of Middle Eastern culture.  Most cultures have something that functions in a similar way.  For example, we still have lingering Puritanical bullshit like Blue Laws.  Thankfully, they don't involve killing anyone, but they are a pain in the ass.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard