Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

I think this bulb just got owned :S

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=120824&p=1

Was already brought up. .. as in the very first reply. I'll compare cost when the other bulb scurries it's little ass over the production line.

Until then..
Developers believe ..This could well be ... He believes his 'magic' bulbs .. the bulbs could cut.

Sounds cool though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6701
I'd like to see some concrete numbers, rather than "brighter than incandescent and longer lasting".
Exactly what model leds do these bulbs use?
Exactly how much power do they consume?
What is the lumen output of these bulbs?
I'd also like to see a spectrograph analysis of the light emitted from the bulb.  LEDs tend to have a rather narrow range of color in the light emitted.  I have yet to see an led that approaches the beauty of incandescent light.  I am a complete flashlight nut.  I have a strange addiction to portable lighting implements and have read more on the subject than any sane person would care to know(That's what they tell me anyway).  I have also spent way too much money on flashlights.  I seen at least 20 different types of leds, including leds that have tried to mimic the color of incandescent light.  Some of them are pretty warm, but those are not very efficient and they are usually missing some sections of the visible color spectrum.  Basically, colors don't look right under  leds.

Eventually they will.  Eventually, the majority of small lights will be leds, but we are not there yet.  10 years at most though.

Last edited by Deadmonkiefart (2009-02-12 18:10:29)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

I'd like to see some concrete numbers, rather than "brighter than incandescent and longer lasting".
Exactly what model leds do these bulbs use?
Exactly how much power do they consume?
What is the lumen output of these bulbs?
I'd also like to see a spectrograph analysis of the light emitted from the bulb.  LEDs tend to have a rather narrow range of color in the light emitted.  I have yet to see an led that approaches the beauty of incandescent light.  I am a complete flashlight nut.  I have a strange addiction to portable lighting implements and have read more on the subject than any sane person would care to know(That's what they tell me anyway).  I have also spent way too much money on flashlights.  I seen at least 20 different types of leds, including leds that have tried to mimic the color of incandescent light.  Some of them are pretty warm, but those are not very efficient and they are usually missing some sections of the visible color spectrum.  Basically, colors don't look right under  leds.

Eventually they will.  Eventually, the majority of small lights will be leds, but we are not there yet.  10 years at most though.

Kmarion wrote:

Independent testing.
http://www.geobulb.com/documents/GeoBul … -13169.pdf

Why Independent Photometric Testing?
Independent photometric testing provides an unbiased evaluation of your luminaire's photometric performance. These results can be useful for product development, quality assurance, marketing literature, and confirmation of product performance.
http://luminairetesting.com/faqs.html#WHY
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6701
The bulb does not appear to have as good flood as an incandescent bulb.  The test results indicate that the light is thrown out mostly from the top of the bulb.  This might work fine with some lamps, but not with most lamps.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Which page explains that and where can I find the equivalent for incandescent? I'm thinking page 5, but I don't know how that stacks up to incans.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard