DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

andy12 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

TrashBlinD wrote:

Thank you console faggots.
lol hate
What can you expect on a PC game Battlefield forum...
fixed.

Battlefield was made for PC it's most successful on PC and the console versions just don't cut it when compared to the PC versions that the battlefield community expects. It's not PC gamers bashing consoles its battlefield fans disgruntled at a great series being ruined.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

DrunkFace wrote:

andy12 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

lol hate
fixed.

Battlefield was made for PC it's most successful on PC and the console versions just don't cut it when compared to the PC versions that the battlefield community expects. It's not PC gamers bashing consoles its battlefield fans disgruntled at a great series being ruined.
Every great series has been ruined. Many by the move to consoles.

The problem is that consoles lack the power for battlefield, battlefield was always about scale, it was about you and a small group taking the unguarded flags in order to flank the enemy. With these console versions they're only allowing you to attack one flag at a time, which eliminates a lot of the strategy. Not to mention this whole 3 classes, infinite ammo thing sounds like another one of the ways they're planning to destroy the series.

The reasoning is simple, It's not piracy, it's not MOAB's retardation, Consoles have 1 company backing them, making sure they succeed. Microsoft does that by buying exclusivity, or if they can't, at least paying companies to develop games for the 360. There is no company doing that for PC, the only reason to make PC exclusives is if you care more about the quality of your games than you do about money, and a person like that is very hard to come by, much less an entire company.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
I don't know about you, but I like to run over trees. Not that I have anything against trees, of course, just that it'd be awesome to send it falling down.

Can said trees crush the living daylights out of enemy troops?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
The only thing I'm really interested to see is how the Frostbite engine runs on PCs.

Other than that, I'm not excited at all.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't get why this thread is more popular than the BF BC 2 thread. Technically, that's supposed to be the game everyone is talking about. This game, is more like a mini game. Yet most people seem to be more interested in this, that DICE guy even talked about how BC2 will be bigger etc.. and on the PC, yet most people still prefer to talk about this. I guess it's easier to complain about this game hence it has more posts. Some of you guys, really are bitches.

This is not BF3, it was never supposed to be BF3. If anything, BF BC 2 will be more like BF3. But I think some of you are abit too much of a retard to even know that (that or, you don't even know about BF:BC 2) - Again, showing your level of retardedness.

Frostbite, it really ain't shit. Especially compaired to BF2's engine. I mean considering what it can pull off on low RAM consoles like the PS3/360. It'd probably be able to do alot on a PC
Agreed

venom6 wrote:

Looks very nice, but 24 players online? Yeah that sux...

Why dont they gain it to the typical 64 players or more for like 74 players? I really hope they will add more maps like Africa and Europe!
No wait they will relase booster packs with a few maps? No thx!
The console versions are 24 players, the pc version is most likely to be 64 players

DrunkFace wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't get why this thread is more popular than the BF BC 2 thread. Technically, that's supposed to be the game everyone is talking about. This game, is more like a mini game. Yet most people seem to be more interested in this, that DICE guy even talked about how BC2 will be bigger etc.. and on the PC, yet most people still prefer to talk about this. I guess it's easier to complain about this game hence it has more posts. Some of you guys, really are bitches.

This is not BF3, it was never supposed to be BF3. If anything, BF BC 2 will be more like BF3. But I think some of you are abit too much of a retard to even know that (that or, you don't even know about BF:BC 2) - Again, showing your level of retardedness.

Frostbite, it really ain't shit. Especially compaired to BF2's engine. I mean considering what it can pull off on low RAM consoles like the PS3/360. It'd probably be able to do alot on a PC
Maybe because 1942 was awesome and theres still a large number of people who would love to see a remake done, while BC sucked and no one gives a shit about it and couldn't care less about a sequel?

IDK, maybe thats just me.
I don't want it to be exactly a remake of 1942, but I want 1943 to follow the classic side of 1942.

Poseidon wrote:

http://kotaku.com/5148080/battlefield-1943-pacific-preview-a-much-needed-upgrade

Kotaku preview.

They say it's gonna be around $15-20, there are 3 classes, and there's unlimited ammo.

...sounds fun.
Unlimited ammo? Why not just have ammo crates around the maps just like bf1942

Miggle wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

andy12 wrote:

fixed.

The problem is that consoles lack the power for battlefield, battlefield was always about scale, it was about you and a small group taking the unguarded flags in order to flank the enemy. With these console versions they're only allowing you to attack one flag at a time, which eliminates a lot of the strategy. Not to mention this whole 3 classes, infinite ammo thing sounds like another one of the ways they're planning to destroy the series.
The console versions for battlefield isn't one flag at a time, believe me.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

War Man wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Agreed

venom6 wrote:

Why dont they gain it to the typical 64 players or more for like 74 players? I really hope they will add more maps like Africa and Europe!
The console versions are 24 players, the pc version is most likely to be 64 players

DrunkFace wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Maybe because 1942 was awesome and theres still a large number of people who would love to see a remake done, while BC sucked and no one gives a shit about it and couldn't care less about a sequel?

I don't want it to be exactly a remake of 1942, but I want 1943 to follow the classic side of 1942.

Poseidon wrote:

http://kotaku.com/5148080/battlefield-1943-pacific-preview-a-much-needed-upgrade

Kotaku preview.

They say it's gonna be around $15-20, there are 3 classes, and there's unlimited ammo.

...sounds fun.

Miggle wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

fixed.

Gold Rush or whatever it was was very much a push. There was no flanking, no strategy, just team kill for the artillery and go sniper. I didn't keep the game long enough for them to release conquest.
War Man

Miggle wrote:

War Man wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Agreed

venom6 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kotaku preview.

...sounds fun.

Miggle wrote:

Gold Rush or whatever it was was very much a push. There was no flanking, no strategy, just team kill for the artillery and go sniper. I didn't keep the game long enough for them to release conquest.
There is strategy, you just need the right team.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

Miggle wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

andy12 wrote:

fixed.

The reasoning is simple, It's not piracy, it's not MOAB's retardation, Consoles have 1 company backing them, making sure they succeed. Microsoft does that by buying exclusivity, or if they can't, at least paying companies to develop games for the 360. There is no company doing that for PC, the only reason to make PC exclusives is if you care more about the quality of your games than you do about money, and a person like that is very hard to come by, much less an entire company.
Or perhaps its the massive number of consoles being used these days and therefore gaming for consoles is popular, and the companies aim for the most popular aspect? Cry moar. Even on BF2 there was rarely any strategy used except by small groups that sometimes got a chance to play together. Learn to accept it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

M.O.A.B wrote:

Miggle wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

fixed.

Or perhaps its the massive number of consoles being used these days and therefore gaming for consoles is popular, and the companies aim for the most popular aspect? Cry moar. Even on BF2 there was rarely any strategy used except by small groups that sometimes got a chance to play together. Learn to accept it.
Except that the number of PC gamers dwarfs the number of console users.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-02-06 12:22:49)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
Cry moar srsly.

EA/DICE whoever it fucking is isn't a charity, they don't give a shit about what you want, they are there to make money, it's not a fucking difficult concept to grasp.

Consoles are big money, that's fairly obvious. So they make games for consoles. Don't like that? Think 'the man' is a big fucking sellout? I really don't give a shit, but quit filling these forums with the same boring rehashed whining shit, cause your opinion means sweet fuck a.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

FatherTed wrote:

Cry moar srsly.

EA/DICE whoever it fucking is isn't a charity, they don't give a shit about what you want, they are there to make money, it's not a fucking difficult concept to grasp.

Consoles are big money, that's fairly obvious. So they make games for consoles. Don't like that? Think 'the man' is a big fucking sellout? I really don't give a shit, but quit filling these forums with the same boring rehashed whining shit, cause your opinion means sweet fuck a.
Of course they're in it for the money, that's what I've been saying. The problem is that Microsoft throws money at them to make games for the 360, which, surprisingly enough, are worse.

My opinions don't matter to them, their game quality doesn't matter to them. Unfortunately, it matters to me, and it should matter to other gamers.

Gaming is becoming shit, and people like you and MOAB are idiots for not caring.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

Miggle wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Cry moar srsly.

Of course they're in it for the money, that's what I've been saying. The problem is that Microsoft throws money at them to make games for the 360, which, surprisingly enough, are worse.

My opinions don't matter to them, their game quality doesn't matter to them. Unfortunately, it matters to me, and it should matter to other gamers.

Gaming is becoming shit, and people like you and MOAB are idiots for not caring.
I'm sorry i'm not such an elitist.

We could all sit around and go 'oh no, gaming is going downhill wah wah wah' but what does that achieve? Personally i, and THE MAJORITY of the gaming (check casual not obsessed tools) crowd appears to be pretty happy with games out today.

Sales figures for Halo?
Sales figures for CoD?
Sales figures for GTA?
Sales figures for PeS?

Seems to me quite a lot of people are happy with gaming today.

People like you, and well you are idiots for caring too much.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

FatherTed wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Cry moar srsly.

We could all sit around and go 'oh no, gaming is going downhill wah wah wah' but what does that achieve? Personally i, and THE MAJORITY of the gaming (check casual not obsessed tools) crowd appears to be pretty happy with games out today.

Sales figures for Halo?
Sales figures for CoD?
Sales figures for GTA?
Sales figures for PeS?

I'm sorry I'm not retarded.

We could all sit around buying every shit game that comes out and go "HOLY SHIT THIS SHIT IS SO GOOD OH MY GOD" But what does that achieve? Personally I, and the MAJORITY of the smart (check educated and not drunk) crowd appears to want to do something about it.

Quality for Halo?
Quality for CoD?
Quality for GTA?

Actually those three are pretty good examples of serieses that have gotten consistently worse (and more expensive) from day one.

People like you are idiots.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-02-06 12:40:25)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

https://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7664/45617314zi1mu6copypp8.jpg

oh lawd.

More expensive? Paying one lump of a hundred for a console that can play every game that is developed for it at max potential is more expensive than paying for upgrade after upgrade for a PC? I'm not seeing that.

Anyone see a PC Resistance group forming? They'll be bombing Sony's and Microsoft's factories next.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2009-02-06 12:50:13)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6646

Why are they pushing this when they still haven't even released Heroes? And if this isn't "BF3" why do they keep putting time into random "half" games instead of a full one?

Don't get me wrong, it looks sweet, but if they're going to remake/update an older game I'd rather it be BF2.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

I've got a bit of a theory that 43 could be a test game for the frostbite aimed particularly for the PC. Console version released because pretty much everything goes to all platforms these days. But its small number of maps and dl only, either free or small price, makes me think that's what it could be aimed it. Preparation for BFBC 2 for the PC
War Man

OmniDeath wrote:

Why are they pushing this when they still haven't even released Heroes? And if this isn't "BF3" why do they keep putting time into random "half" games instead of a full one?

Don't get me wrong, it looks sweet, but if they're going to remake/update an older game I'd rather it be BF2.
BF:BC 2 is the bf3 we've been waiting for.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7664 … opypp8.jpg

oh lawd.

More expensive? Paying one lump of a hundred for a console that can play every game that is developed for it at max potential is more expensive than paying for upgrade after upgrade for a PC? I'm not seeing that.

Anyone see a PC Resistance group forming? They'll be bombing Sony's and Microsoft's factories next.
Hold up, where did I say they were more expensive?

I said games were getting more expensive. Learn to read.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

Miggle wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

oh lawd.

So they're getting more expensive, how does that link to consoles?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

M.O.A.B wrote:

Miggle wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

oh lawd.

It links to the direction gaming in general is going, worse games for more money.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
Miggle, CoD5 is published by Activision who are very much the same machine as EA...

And dude, there isn't really a standard for what makes a game 'bad' vs 'good.' I mean, there are obvious things like eyesore-causing graphics and shitty controls, but beyond that you can't do much. Some people enjoy games like GTA4 and CoD4, others prefer games like Fallout 3. It's all a matter of opinion. Honestly I'd rather play CoD4 than, say, Goldeneye 64.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-02-06 13:18:19)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6225|Escea

Miggle wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Miggle wrote:

It links to the direction gaming in general is going, worse games for more money.
Time to find a new hobby then would be the solution.
War Man
And this thread has gotten off topic
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum

Miggle wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Sales figures for Halo?
Sales figures for CoD?
Sales figures for GTA?
Sales figures for PeS?

I'm sorry I'm not retarded.

We could all sit around buying every shit game that comes out and go "HOLY SHIT THIS SHIT IS SO GOOD OH MY GOD" But what does that achieve? Personally I, and the MAJORITY of the smart (check educated and not drunk) crowd appears to want to do something about it.

Quality for Halo?
Quality for CoD?
Quality for GTA?

Actually those three are pretty good examples of serieses that have gotten consistently worse (and more expensive) from day one.

People like you are idiots.
lol don't spew out comments about education and alcohol, it doesn't suit you.

So Halo 2 wasn't better than Halo 1?
And CoD2 wasn't better than CoD1?
And GTA VC/SA/4 wasn't better than GTA1 & 2?

And more expensive? Get a bit of fucking perspective, everything has got more expensive, not just your precious little games.

End of the day, that's what they are; GAMES. Not a Picasso, not a fine Wine, not piece of Architecture, they. are. just. fucking. games.

And your majority? Yeah, you're just a pathetic whining minority.

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-02-06 13:19:05)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Miggle, CoD5 is published by Activision who are very much the same machine as EA...
I need a new avatar, everybody misinterprets it.

That's a quote from GR34, it's a lot like DU's avatar.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard