SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

Apparently there were lots of problems with the kill counters and it reading 0 for a long time with the PS3 etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if there were all sorts of stupid bugs preventing kills from registering and other stuff. Meh who cares, some people are getting so serious about this shit it's ridiculous
That must be why the BF1943 site said 360 had a 17m to 0 kill lead when i looked at it once then?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

krazed wrote:

why the fuck is the out of vehicle reticle so wildly off?

tank shells need more splash damage TBH

edit: sorry eagle, bed time
:'(  I just got off the phone with the gf and twas lookin for krazed fer some company.

[suicide]I'm all alone now

No Krazed

Sitting in a trench with the enemies closing in

There goes my last clip

I have nothing

Fuck it[/suicide]

Nah jk, i'll be on sometime soon
noes

send me a PM here or something when you want to shoot people <3
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6105|Birmingham, UK
Has anyone got this on PS3 here?
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5482|Bolingbrook, Illinois
IGN Giving Out Battlefield 1943 PS3 Codes
IGN is giving away Battlefield 1943 Playstation 3 codes via their twitter so make sure you are following @IGNcom!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congrats @zayman3 for winning the BF 1943 PSN code. I have more to giveaway so pay attention to this Twitter!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6629|New Hampshire, USA
What do these mystical codes do?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
eagle! play with mmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
i'll be here for the next 8 hours with nothing to do

please feel free to leave a message here, send a message to me on live, a PM here, or hell even xfire

this game is no fun at all by yourself
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver
I have it on PS3
PSN: Sonder752
HaiBai
Battlefield 1943 Server Maintenance
The Battlefield Blog posted about some planned Battlefield 1943 maintenance happening early tomorrow morning.

Sometime today it appears the Battlefield 1943 soldier stat pages were put back online. View your stats at Battlefield1943.com/soldier

All of us at EA DICE have been blown away by the success of Battlefield 1943.

We love to hear how much you all enjoy 1943's Pacific theater combat. But we also love to hear how much you all enjoy tracking your stats and leader board standings online.

Likewise, we are taking proactive measures to ensure the continued performance of our leader boards. Unfortunately, this requires server upgrades and brief downtime from 12AM to 3AM PST, Saturday, July 18th.

We scheduled the maintenance to minimize the number of players disrupted (sorry Europe!) and we will update the blog once the game is up and running again.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

BF Blog
HaiBai
Electronic Arts at San Diego Comic-Con
EA announced their plans for San Diego Comic-Con today, which includes a gaming lounge featuring Battlefield 1943, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 among many other EA games.

San Diego Comic-Con runs from July 23-26 at the San Diego Convention Center.

https://i27.tinypic.com/wtdh5f.jpg

July 17, 2009 - Action and fantasy explode at EA's Comic-Con booth! Today, Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ: ERTS) revealed the titles that it will showcase at San Diego Comic-Con International from July 23 – 26, 2009. EA's booth can be found in stall #5213 in the San Diego Convention Center and will feature over a dozen open, playable kiosks of blockbuster holiday games Br?tal Legend, Dante's Inferno, Dead Space Extraction, G.I. JOE The Rise of the Cobra, The Saboteur and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. At the booth, consumers will also find a signing station for the comic artists behind Army of Two: The 40th Day, Dead Space Extraction and Dante's Inferno, as well as a retail corner with unique EA merchandise for sale (http://www.easpecials.com/).

In addition to the booth at the show, EA will host the 'EA Gaming Lounge presented by Xbox 360' at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hotel (401 K Street, San Diego, California 92101) that will run from Thursday July 23 to Sunday July 26. The 'Gaming Lounge presented by Xbox 360'will be open from 2pm – 9pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday 6/25; 12pm – 5pm on Sunday. At this all-access venue, show-goers will get hands-on play with Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 from Valve.

"Games are a powerful force in pop culture and EA's presence at Comic-con proves it. The line-up of titles we're bringing to the show demonstrate best in breed action, adventure and RPG interactive entertainment," said Mike Quigley, Group Vice President of Marketing, EA. "Our footprint at Comic-con is designed to give show-goers hands-on time with the holiday's hottest titles, and even give non-registered attendees a chance to get a sneak peek at the 'EA Gaming Lounge presented by Xbox 360'." Read the rest...

HaiBai
BF1943 Developer Answers Some Questions
DICE developer, Gustav Halling answered some frequently asked Battlefield 1943 questions on his blog.

Default airplane controls
We wanted to have inverted axis as default on airplanes but a requirement from one of the console companies made it impossible since as default pressing up on a stick must always mean up in the game on their console.
So this is nothing we can do anything about it and we did try to make it “pass” before release

Just go into options and change airplane axis and you are all set!

Tank shells having close to no splash
The tank driver have both shells and a coax gun. Use the coax on soldiers and you will be fine, if shells had big splash damage against infantry it would be overpowered.

Friendly Fire
There is no “fun” in killing team mates
Plus I already seen a lot more “up sides” to it, people cant shoot their own team planes just because they didn’t get it themselves

Demo having expiry timy
This is an online only multiplayer game, if we didn’t have an expiry time we would give the game away for free
But your can play around in the tutorial level as long as you want to!

Tank sights
The 3rd person camera sight is not supposed to be used for precision aiming, 3rd person is for driving and maybe close combat shooting at houses
The 1st person view is the best sight to use when you are in a fire fight.

GustavHalling.com
HaiBai
Battlefield 1943 Demo Period Extended!
The guys at DICE have decided to reset the 30 minute trial period for Battlefield 1943. So if you already used up your trial gameplay time, jump back in for an additional 30 minutes of BF1943 fun!

We here at EA DICE want everyone to have an awesome experience with 1943. Therefore, we are resetting the 30 minute demo for trial players!

Starting this Saturday (7/18) at 9AM PST, previous trial users can log in for an extra 30 minutes of Battlefield goodness.

So, if you had difficulty joining the demo before, jump in again and see what everyone is raving about!

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef … ended.aspx
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin
So anyone available Sunday?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
HaiBai
Coral Sea Unlocked for Playstation 3 Users
Four days after the Xbox 360 community hit 43 million kills in Battlefield 1943, Playstation 3 players have also hit 43 million unlocking the map Coral Sea.

https://i31.tinypic.com/2yyrpzq.jpg

PS3 has now passed 43 million kills, Air Superiority is now unlocked! Get in there ace pilots and cadets alike!

To play 'Air Superiority' on PS3 look at the bottom most menu option. Select it like Quick Match & you'll go straight into pure DOGFIGHTING!

BF1943 Twitter
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6743|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Only just come across this and l will admit l am far to lazy to seach through it all. However when is this bugger getting release for PC?

Never mind it says end of September on the forum. Bollocks far to far away!

Last edited by The_Guardsman (2009-07-19 02:44:41)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

HaiBai wrote:

Coral Sea Unlocked for Playstation 3 Users
Four days after the Xbox 360 community hit 43 million kills in Battlefield 1943, Playstation 3 players have also hit 43 million unlocking the map Coral Sea.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2yyrpzq.jpg

PS3 has now passed 43 million kills, Air Superiority is now unlocked! Get in there ace pilots and cadets alike!

To play 'Air Superiority' on PS3 look at the bottom most menu option. Select it like Quick Match & you'll go straight into pure DOGFIGHTING!

BF1943 Twitter
Shame everyone on Xbox has already got bored of it - it's absolute wank. I really hope that EA add some more decent - perhaps more urbanised - maps to the 1943 setting.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

I actually played Coral Sea for the first time yesterday, and I have to say, I quite enjoyed it. Mind you, I did come top in both rounds

The problem with it, is that Air Superiority appears on only ONE map and there is no change in tactics. Its like a dumbed down version of HAWX/Ace Combat. Its something I enjoyed, but I couldnt sit and play it round after round after round.
Personally, I think it should be in the "normal" map-cycle with Guadalcanal/Wake/Iwo Jima to mix it up some more. As a single map, and single game mode by itself, it will (and perhaps already has) get old very quickly.

But I agree - the game needs more maps to make it more varied. Like you say, an urban map is needed. But in the pacific islands? Were there any??
War Man
They need Midway, that'd be a kickass Air Superiority map.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5507|America

War Man wrote:

They need Midway, that'd be a kickass Air Superiority map.
This.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Snake wrote:

I actually played Coral Sea for the first time yesterday, and I have to say, I quite enjoyed it. Mind you, I did come top in both rounds

The problem with it, is that Air Superiority appears on only ONE map and there is no change in tactics. Its like a dumbed down version of HAWX/Ace Combat. Its something I enjoyed, but I couldnt sit and play it round after round after round.
Personally, I think it should be in the "normal" map-cycle with Guadalcanal/Wake/Iwo Jima to mix it up some more. As a single map, and single game mode by itself, it will (and perhaps already has) get old very quickly.

But I agree - the game needs more maps to make it more varied. Like you say, an urban map is needed. But in the pacific islands? Were there any??
The Phillipines had some I think. Apart from maybe that all I can think of is Shanghai, Singapore and so on, but that would require a British side.
War Man
Say, who is available today to play with? Lately I've been with a bunch of microphoneless people which sucks.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
i probably can after my headache goes down a bit
HaiBai
Play BF1943 With DICE Developers This Friday
Want to face off against the Battlefield 1943 developers? Now's your chance this Friday from 2-6PM PST. If you are attending San Diego Comic-Con you can watch this live!

https://i27.tinypic.com/2vmhocx.jpg

Battlefield 1943 fans, here's your chance to put fast-talking DICE Producer Gordon VanDyke in his place! We all know he talks a big game. Now YOU can show him who's boss!

GvD and his gang of developers are participating in the Xbox 360's Game with Developers live from Comic-Con!

The gang will be in-game from 5-9PM EST (2-6PM PST) this Friday, July 24th under the following gamer tags:

• BF1943 Dev 01
  • BF1943 Dev 02
  • BF1943 Dev 03
  • BF1943 Dev 04
  • BF1943 Dev 05
  • BF1943 Dev 06
  • BF1943 Dev 07
  • BF1943 Dev 08
  • BF1943 Dev 09
  • BF1943 Dev 10
  • BF1943 Dev 11
  • BF1943 Dev 12

Click through to Xbox.com to read more.

BF Blog
Nintendogamer
+72|6585|Chelmsford, UK
got it today, i am horrendous at flying the planes, managed to crash taking off. but its a great game.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6230

SEREVENT wrote:

Has anyone got this on PS3 here?
My PSN is ShortRnd, what's yours?

SonderKommando wrote:

I have it on PS3
PSN: Sonder752
added

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard