Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

You must be the most cynical and negative guy I've ever known.

Moan moan moan moan. It seems you're the only one having problems with this. It also seems you get the shitty games - because none of the games I've played have had more than 3 snipers by the end of it all (they realise they're shit and should stick to spamming bullets).

I've never been killed by mortar fire.

It sounds like you just suck.

The fact is, you can hear the mortars coming, and once one hits, you bomb it out of there. It's really really easy to avoid.

Also, the rest of the unlocks are utterly useless. I haven't found a weapon that actually makes you that much better. Yeah, sure, 12x zoom is a good thing, but I can snipe just as well with the normal (I actually kinda prefer it because I have a larger scope of the battlefield).

People ranking up is what is going to happen, and the unlocks aren't unbalanced.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
Dude, you're a sniper. You have no real idea of what's actually going on in the game. You're in your own little world all the time just racking up the kills.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Mekstizzle wrote:

Dude, you're a sniper. You have no real idea of what's actually going on in the game. You're in your own little world all the time just racking up the kills.
No I'm not. I switch kits constantly. I go in tanks as well and I help out squads. I get raped by tanks like everyone else, I get naded like everyone else.

Of course, I play as sniper more than other kits, but I love playing as engineer or medic and run around spamming bullets (especially in The Last Push, I never snipe for that).
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6661
pff zimmer, he barely even deserved a reply. You put forward plenty of good arguments and he deflected it all with something unrelated.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It's not like I could refute his claims of never being in a match that's inundated with sniper fags and shit like that. Or never experiencing the true lameness of constant mortar barrages from a bunch of campers. The worst thing about it is more often than not you have to counter-snipe just to get rid of the bastards. That is until I unlock the ACOG-thingy for Assault Rifles, I guess. Then you bitches are going down FN F2000 style we goin Belgian Congo on your asses
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6161|what

Mekstizzle wrote:

It's not like I could refute his claims of never being in a match that's inundated with sniper fags and shit like that. Or never experiencing the true lameness of constant mortar barrages from a bunch of campers. The worst thing about it is more often than not you have to counter-snipe just to get rid of the bastards. That is until I unlock the ACOG-thingy for Assault Rifles, I guess. Then you bitches are going down FN F2000 style we goin Belgian Congo on your asses
Do you think it's party related to console players = ppl with no skill, so they go sniper?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Fuck no. People just like being sniper fags no matter what game or platform. You had this shit during BF2's heydey too, especially on the internet. Everyone always talks about how awesome it is to be a sniper. People tend to just gravitate towards being a sniper cocktard. Best example are some of my mates, who are by no means gamers of any sort but even they eventually go towards the route of sniper when playing FPS games. I can't see what the appeal is, honestly. I mostly only ever Snipe to get rid of the faggots
baggs
+732|6212
My mate plays sniper cos he is too stupid to do anything else, it's hilarious to watch him in CQC. So yeah, that pretty much sums up snipers.

Last edited by baggs (2009-11-27 06:14:51)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

AussieReaper wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Do you think it's party related to console players = ppl with no skill, so they go sniper?
In BC2 you require just as much, if not more skill, to snipe properly.

You can go sniper, but barely make it past the 1000 point marker.

Mek, I don't get why you hate them so much; most decent players avoid any kind of sniper fire because they are constantly moving. Granted, a good sniper has you fucked either way, but so does any other kind of decent player.

Yes, there are sniper faggots in the game, but just like there are Enginner faggots (who site behind a tank all day and do fuck all but repair it). But the fact is that the sniper faggots are usually shit at the game. They can't snipe or play, so it makes no difference if they're there or not. They usually sit on top of a rooftop thinking they're all awesome and attempting to snipe guys but missing. Just run up and knife them from behind. I have yet to find more than a handful of snipers that can actually snipe properly. So I don't see what you're moaning about - Other than the fact that they aren't benefitting your team by being that shit.

Yeah, granted, a good sniper can be a real pain in the ass, but so can a guy in a tank that just sits and camps with a engineer. But in the end, they're helping out the team.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6161|what

Zimmer wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

That's good to hear.

I hate when players choose sniper simply because it's the easier and is overpowered.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

AussieReaper wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

That's good to hear.

I hate when players choose sniper simply because it's the easier and is overpowered.
With major bullet drop; long reload times (or sacrifice a hell of a lot of damage for a semi auto sniper - you have to come out of the zoom view to reload, and then go back in it, so it's all about timing if someone has spotted = i.e you're fucked.); players constantly moving; tanks around and players going "sniper" hunting; and barely ever completely invisible + easily spottable by anybody who has some common sense - I've rarely seen a sniper hit 1000 points (other than me of course )
TravisC555
+118|6227|Cox Convention Center, OK
^^^

TravisC555 wrote:

How close are you to getting the GOL, be interesting to see what that is like too.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

TravisC555 wrote:

^^^

TravisC555 wrote:

How close are you to getting the GOL, be interesting to see what that is like too.
Which unlock is that again? I've got 4 snipers, I think. Can't remember.
Still using the M24. Some noobs try and use the PLA sniper (can't remember its name) and think that quick sniping is more effective. lulz.
TravisC555
Ya, its the 4th sniper you unlock.

Last edited by TravisC555 (2009-11-27 06:34:09)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Yeah, I have it I believe. Pretty shit. Worse damage than the M24 and slightly less accuracy. For about the same reload time.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black
So using a gun where you have to aim for someone's head for an instakill at a distance where the head is about 5 pixels is skill less?

But walking up to people so they fill your screen and spamming bullets at >9000 RPM at them is skilled?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

Zimmer wrote:

TravisC555 wrote:

^^^

TravisC555 wrote:

Which unlock is that again? I've got 4 snipers, I think. Can't remember.
Still using the M24. Some noobs try and use the PLA sniper (can't remember its name) and think that quick sniping is more effective. lulz.
QBU-88
baggs
+732|6212

Finray wrote:

So using a gun where you have to aim for someone's head for an instakill at a distance where the head is about 5 pixels is skill less?

But walking up to people so they fill your screen and spamming bullets at >9000 RPM at them is skilled?
don't start.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

baggs wrote:

Finray wrote:

don't start.
But you did...
baggs
+732|6212
i didn't say a word!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

baggs wrote:

i didn't say a word!

baggs wrote:

My mate plays sniper cos he is too stupid to do anything else, it's hilarious to watch him in CQC. So yeah, that pretty much sums up snipers.
baggs
+732|6212
that wasnt me. you got the wrong baggs.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black
There are exceptions to each side, for example you get very skilled assault-rifle players, who pull off headshots everywhere. You get very skillful snipers, who can dragshot and such at close quarters, as well as long range. You also get retards who sit on a hill, spamming SVD fire downrange, missing everyone, spamming claymores, and nades. You also get retards who walk around with an AK-101 holding the left mouse button and hoping things infront of them die.

But as a general rule I think that sniping takes more skill. You have to have pinpoint accuracy, hitting with one bullet at a time. With an assault rifle, you have much less risk, as you can fire off 30 bullets before you have to reload. More chance of hitting and killing them.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6722|Purplicious Wisconsin
GOL is the 5th unlock I think or is the SV98 the GOL?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
TravisC555
4th. See my above post.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard