Tu Stultus Es
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Hmm, is that so?
Because I find it stupid that you can use all the weapons for both factions.
In fact, kit loadouts stay between switching factions.
why should they change? because the skin changes (yeah I know vehicles change, but meh)
NVA would not have access to stuff like M16 & M60, and the US wouldn't use old chinese/russian stuff (except for maybe the AK with the risk of friendly fire).
well the trend in FPS is away from that realism stuff (yeah fuck you CoD4, with your CREATE A CLASS), so I don't think that's gonna happen...

I personally like faction based unlock trees, but meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, not going to happen
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada

FatherTed wrote:

and i was only like 15-5 so this dispels the pr0-gamer idea. he was mad because i killed him and got more mad when i explained thats the point of the game.
Yet you feel the need to post it here.

You're pathetic.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I threw a grenade at someone once in BF2.

They shot and killed me. Then the grenade went off at their feet and killed them.

They called me AussieRaper.

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me Y/N?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I once sat on an ammo kit and spammed nades in Karkand IO.

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me Y/N?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

DefCon-17 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

and i was only like 15-5 so this dispels the pr0-gamer idea. he was mad because i killed him and got more mad when i explained thats the point of the game.
Yet you feel the need to post it here.

You're pathetic.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
just had some rounds with ultra
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
is there any way to change the colour of the crosshairs?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Anything above 24 players (What the game was designed for, with consoles in mind) and the lag becomes dumb, that's the only word I can use. Takes a full magazine to drop anyone and in general it's all rubbish. It's more bearable if you play hardcore mode and maybe once you get magnum ammo, but enabling upto 32 players for PC is a pure gimmick and there's no way this game was ever designed for that.

Annoying me much more on PC than consoles that there's no fire modes though. How hard would it be to be able to switch between semi auto and full auto.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria

Mekstizzle wrote:

Annoying me much more on PC than consoles that there's no fire modes though. How hard would it be to be able to switch between semi auto and full auto.
Indeed.
They have to add those and the classic commo-rose in BF3.

Stupid consoles.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

globefish23 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Indeed.
They have to add those and the classic commo-rose in BF3.

Stupid consoles.
Too complicated for console users.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Mekstizzle wrote:

Anything above 24 players (What the game was designed for, with consoles in mind) and the lag becomes dumb, that's the only word I can use. Takes a full magazine to drop anyone and in general it's all rubbish. It's more bearable if you play hardcore mode and maybe once you get magnum ammo, but enabling upto 32 players for PC is a pure gimmick and there's no way this game was ever designed for that.

What?  I play almost exclusively on 32 player servers and don't really experience any server side lag.  There's some servers that are laggy in general, but I just don't play them anymore.  I have no problems on 99% of 32 player only servers.  Maybe your connection/computer sucks, or maybe you're playing on servers too far away?

I play exclusively on US west coast servers, too.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't get any noticeable lag, unless of course I'm on a bad server...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Mekstizzle wrote:

WTF?  Use the AEK or AN-94.  Aim well and you can drop 3-4 targets before reload.

As for firemode, try BC2:V's M14.  Tap Tap from afar or hold the trigger to own up close.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke
Anyone know why half the time when I check my stats/awards in game they show up blank except for my overall score, and that is the only thing updating!

Last edited by coke (2011-01-06 13:43:18)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

I think EA's stat servers are having a hard time keeping up with the increase in players since Vietnam came out.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6710|England. Stoke
ah should have known, hope it updates with all the awards I've got in the last few days...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

I think it has more to do with the idea of switching between vietnam and vanilla on the ingame dashboard.  I know I've had the bug on one side, then I switch to the other and all the stats populate.

Which reminds me, DICE fails for the fact that you have to redo your loadouts every fucking time you switch between the two modes.  Pure FAIL.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
got 4 dudes with one CG rocket, except it was delayed. so i fired at a wall, saw a damage but no kill. then like 5seconds later the kill notifcations started spamming. wuts up with that?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5985|Perth, Australia

FatherTed wrote:

got 4 dudes with one CG rocket, except it was delayed. so i fired at a wall, saw a damage but no kill. then like 5seconds later the kill notifcations started spamming. wuts up with that?
You probably destroyed the building if I were to guess.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Which reminds me, DICE fails for the fact that you have to redo your loadouts every fucking time you switch between the two modes.  Pure FAIL.
For this reason I use a different soldier when playing Vietnam.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

Rod Foxx wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

wouldn't that have given the destruction 2.0 killmessage though?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5985|Perth, Australia

FatherTed wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

wouldn't that have given the destruction 2.0 killmessage though?
The kill messages in this game can break at times. I've seen tanks get taken out by assault rifles according to the kill messages.

Another possibility is that there was C4 in the area. The explosion caused a delayed explosion in the C4 which killed them?

I dunno just guessing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard