t0mhank5
+319|6712|Surge

Blade4509 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Hahahaha totally lol'd.
40mm smoke should totally kill in 2 hits not 1
It's less than cod and bf2 what's so funny? Is it because you always get killed by it when camping?
BF2 nade launchers? Have you played assault in the past... four and a half years?
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5983|Perth, Australia
The fail quickscoping in this game makes me want to cry.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Rod Foxx wrote:

The fail quickscoping in this game makes me want to cry.
Wait, what?  Travel time and bullet drops.  This ain't COD.
Sambuccashake
+126|6610|Sweden
I'm double posting this but I thought this could be interesting here as well.

Demize99
DICE

Early on BFBC2 our PC playtest feedback showed that weapon feeling was lacking. It just wasn't as much fun to shoot the guns on PC as on console.
With controls being the big gameplay difference (mouse vs pad) it quickly became clear that simply put the original weapon tweaks, which were done on the PS3, weren't working on PC.
The guns all had a bit of base inaccuracy, that with a gamepad wasn't really noteworthy, but on PC it really prevented players from taking advantage of the mouse input.
On 2142 one of the key things about the guns is that they were all deadly accurate, they lost damage over range sure, but if you could put the crosshairs on the target
you could hit it. Sure, some people feel like an AR should be more accurate than an SMG or carbine. I feel like the issue is "ARs should be better at range" and thus,
they do better damage over range than the SMGs.

In response to the feedback on PC, I completely retweaked the accuracy.
The next playtest it was immediately obvious that it was a change for the better, and surprisingly it also made gamepads feel much better as well.

Fundamentally I think it is an error to have different core gameplay on console vs PCs.
PC gives a player more input control and if a gun feels good on PC it feels good on console.
I won't "dumb it down" by lowering the recoil or changing the damage model or other such silliness.

PC and Console Battlefield players want similar gameplay: Epic sprawling Battlefields, and also tight infantry fights.
Balanced weapons and land/sea/air vehicles with a rock-paper-scissors emphasis. Squad and teamplay, where no one player can be a do-it-all super soldier,
and communications systems to support teamplay. And a deep and rewarding system of progression with deep and varied gameplay that keeps you wanting to go 1 more round.
Everyone also wants it to be easy to play with their friends.

Consoles generally are less tolerant of overly complex interfaces. They have less buttons, you need more elegant interfaces.
Deep systems work well though if they have a straight forward interface. The fun is not in figuring out how to use the system, it's in figuring out how to best use the system.

PC players have their own set of requirements. They tend to play only on PC, and they know their PCs have capabilities beyond that of a console.
The gap is narrowing, but PCs still have a clear advantage in memory. PC players also demand a PC interface, a server browser,
and anything that feels like it might have been "ported" from a console is going to get flamed hard.
They are more forgiving of complex systems and will tear any design down into its parts to really figure out how it works.
It's a damn sight harder to please a PC player, they have higher expectations.

It's too early to talk BF3 specifics. But it's never too early for me to acknowledge that PC players have a fear that BF3 will be "consolized."
PC gaming is alive and well, BFBC2 has proven that and no one at DICE or EA can argue with the numbers. Battlefield 3 needs an extra bit of special attention on the PC.
I intend to give it that attention, tradition and our community demand it.
GullyFoyle
+25|5387
Update for BFBC2 PC, check it out: ... "these are just one part of a bigger list":  Next PC Patch info?

Some fixes are coming for Bad Company 2 for PC, people!
Now.. we want to announce these first fixes we have made and let you know that these are just one part of a bigger list of updates that we are going to release very soon. This update will also require server downtime

This is what we can confirm for now:

One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.

- Some hit box tweaks regarding latency

- A fix for blue screen text box issue which should affect all users with this problem

- 2 second spawn immunity, broken by moving/any action.

- 3D vision fixed.
==================================================

New Blog Post on Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam!!:  Vietnam #3

BFBC2 Vietnam price in Europe:  12.99 Euro?

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

t0mhank5 wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

40mm smoke should totally kill in 2 hits not 1
It's less than cod and bf2 what's so funny? Is it because you always get killed by it when camping?
BF2 nade launchers? Have you played assault in the past... four and a half years?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

Cybargs wrote:

t0mhank5 wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-k4i0JBs8E
my QP was sarcasm, I hope you know.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl

GullyFoyle wrote:

If I'm still playing this game I can see this making me rage so incredibly hard. There is already a spawn invulnerability, albeit much smaller, that makes want to rape the dice design team. If you spawn on a squad member and die instantly then you shouldn't have spawned there. Why should you be invulnerable for 2 seconds?

FFS didn't they learn anything from the fail train that is the revive invulnerability.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6289|Pacific NW, USA
Don't aplode just yet.   

Right now I'm pretty sure the invulnerability is timed and cannot be broken by player movement, meaning they have a set amount of time where they can run/turn/jump/crouch and shoot while still being invinceable.  My understanding is this changes it so the invulnerability is broken by any movement from the player.   

If this is the case I'm going to be much happier. Not much else pisses me off more than sneaking up on someone just to have their teammate spawn on them as you're shooting/knifing and you turn to kill them next but they just laugh at your bullets and kill you.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
Yeah I know that now. I read the full thing on the forums and it explains more clearly what it means.

I still don't like the idea though as if they spawn looking at you, they can't be damaged untill they fire at you. So they will always get the first shot. There shouldn't be any invulnerability anyway. It's just a stupid idea.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I got my first nemesis after 331 hours of playtime
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

How will that hit reg change work?  MOH does not have bullet drop.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

Rod Foxx wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

If I'm still playing this game I can see this making me rage so incredibly hard. There is already a spawn invulnerability, albeit much smaller, that makes want to rape the dice design team. If you spawn on a squad member and die instantly then you shouldn't have spawned there. Why should you be invulnerable for 2 seconds?

FFS didn't they learn anything from the fail train that is the revive invulnerability.
cue video of the 2 medics surviving a full on assault by 6 members of enemy team
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6654

Ilocano wrote:

Sounds like you figured it out.  Heh.

This patch actually looks decent. The fact that medic revive immunity will now be broken by any movement is great...that's one of the things I hate the most in BC2.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Ilocano wrote:

I figure they adapt it, so the only change we should feel is better hitreg...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6289|Pacific NW, USA

Rod Foxx wrote:

Yeah I know that now. I read the full thing on the forums and it explains more clearly what it means.

I still don't like the idea though as if they spawn looking at you, they can't be damaged untill they fire at you. So they will always get the first shot. There shouldn't be any invulnerability anyway. It's just a stupid idea.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I got my first nemesis after 331 hours of playtime
I completely agree that the spawn/revive invulnerability is stupid but at least this is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2010-10-27 12:31:42)

GullyFoyle
+25|5387
Next PC Patch details!

Hi Battlefield fans! We are happy to announce the release of the new PC patch version R9 for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on October 29th.

We examined the different issues submitted by the community in the thread called "My biggest issues" on the forum. Additionally we have collected feedback for some time now and incorporated a lot of community wishes, so we are really excited to release this.

Please note: All game servers will need to be taken down for updates. The maintenance period starts on Friday, October 29th at 06:00 AM GMT. Most of the servers should be back up by 10:00 AM GMT. The patch is roughly 900 MB in size.

How to get the game client updated
* If you are using Steam: the Steam client will automatically begin updating your game client once Oct 29th, 6:00 AM (GMT) has passed by.
* If you are not using Steam: then the game’s online updater will find the version online at the same hour and ask you to patch.
* If you are not using Steam: we will also publish an offline updater. Download links will be added to this blog post during the day.

Here is the complete fix-list for the patch
- All Weapons Bronze Insignia requiring an unobtainable bronze star for the tracer dart – requirement removed.
- Improved Hit registration made through several fixes and some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns.
- Blue box chat window removed
- The 2 second immunity when spawning/being revived will now be immediately removed either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). A Spawning Player can still orient passively in the Game World..
- 3D vision fixed.
- Fixed slug shotgun zoom crosshair on PC so they better represent the long range accuracy. Crosshairs now close more on PC, similar to consoles.
- Reduced slug shotgun hip accuracy to require zooming for consistent long range accuracy. Hip accuracy is now on par with the semi automatic weapons.
- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
- Fixed VADS turning sensitivity on PC so it performs like the ZU23.
- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
- Fixed a bug where vehicle countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
- Reduced the reload time for vehicle countermeasures.
- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
- Fixed an C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMG's.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
- Slightly increased the damage of the UH60.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Dammit, I knew I should've gotten platinum on the Carl Gustav before it was too late. I never expected DICE to actually listen to the community and change anything.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6381|the land of bourbon
i haven't played this game in a while... are the heli's still shit to fly?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51

steelie34 wrote:

i haven't played this game in a while... are the heli's still shit to fly?
Game is still shit. Stay away.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
A nerf to the MG3. Really?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
GullyFoyle
+25|5387
New BFBC2 Vietnam Wallpaper for your desktop:

1920x1080
1680x1050

I think there are more sizes out there...

BFBC2 for $15 from EA Store.  Other titles on sale as well.  EA Store Link

BFBC2 Patch R9 and Server R24 released.

Direct download, for people with issues with the normal update process:  R9

Watch Here to read about or list any new bugs.

#1:  Bullet Traces all gone? (Sniper FTW!)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5509|America
Seeing that wallpaper made me realize how much M60 spam there is going to be in BC2V
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker

GullyFoyle wrote:

Next PC Patch details!
I approve of this message ...
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6827|Lithuania
too bad the patch didn't fix shit. it actually seems like the hitboxes are smaller now so it's even harder to kill anyone
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard