Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6558|Kent, UK

Stingray24 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

2: don't be in a squad as a sniper, it's fucking retarded and totally pointless
Disagree, the way I play recon it's quite useful to my squad.  Tossing out motion mines to help them identify closer targets while I pick off the long range ones.  Run n gun sniper is fun.
/agree.

I rarely snipe as recon, I tend to prefer it on closed in maps like White Pass etc and use the shotty+motion mines and defend a flag tenaciously.

If I am sniping, I'll hang back and only take shots I know I'm going to get a headshot on, and keep mobile. I prefer to let people spawn on me if I'm behind enemy lines to take a flag or two, the go back to CQC.
GullyFoyle
+25|5389
VIP Mode Pack 6 is Panama Canal Squad Deatmatch and Laguna Alta Squad Rush.  It will be out either next Wednesday, or the week after (Aug 18th or 25th).

You read it here first! (Unless you read it somewhere else, or figured it out for yourself... )

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-08-10 12:24:25)

west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6391
Where you get that info?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Let me know when they come up with some actual NEW maps and I might be willing to go back and give them a shot.
Christbane
+51|6237
no new maps till bfbc nam
GullyFoyle
+25|5389

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Where you get that info?
Well, if you must know, take this list of maps included in the last PC patch, eliminate the ones released as Mode Pack 3, 4, and 5, and what you have left is Mode Pack 6.

For the dates, review the release dates for the preceeding Mode Packs:

Map Pack 1: March 2 (game released in US)
Map Pack 2: March 30
Map Pack 3: June 9
Map Pack 4: July 7
Map Pack 5: July 28

They like Wednesdays, and lately, they have been 3 or 4 weeks apart.  There you have it.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

You acted like you knew this for sure, like there was a source.

It's quite possible that you're correct, but you should still add in a little bit that says it's pure speculation on your part
GullyFoyle
+25|5389

mtb0minime wrote:

You acted like you knew this for sure, like there was a source.

It's quite possible that you're correct, but you should still add in a little bit that says it's pure speculation on your part
I'll admit the release date is just a guess, but I'm pretty confident about the maps.

How about this, if I am right, you Kharma me.  If I'm wrong, I'll Kharma you?
GullyFoyle
+25|5389
New Battlefield Blog Post:  Community Wednesday #8

Are new maps coming for BFBC2 in the future?

Vietnam will bring more maps to BC2. Map Pack 6 is due for release next week. There will be more information on the maps coming for Vietnam the closer we get to a release date.
So, I guess Map Pack 6 is the 18th, then...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Well I already karma'd you within the last 24 hours, but I'll try and remember to do another one
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Will pack #6 be the last one to 'recycle' the current maps with new game modes?

Last edited by TopHat01 (2010-08-11 15:15:34)

GullyFoyle
+25|5389
Old NewsPic.

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-08-17 05:42:25)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345
Playd again yesterday since like forever. Port Valdez Conquest is shit. kthxbye
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5985|Perth, Australia

Sisco wrote:

Playd again yesterday since like forever. Port Valdez Conquest is shit. kthxbye
Yep. Top 2 worst conquest maps with Nelson Bay.
GullyFoyle
+25|5389
twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2:  "Map Pack 6 for Bad Company 2 is out! Enjoy Squad Deathmatch on Panama Canal and Squad Rush on Laguna Presa."

For you server admins:

Panama Canal Squad Deathmatch = mp_001sdm
Laguna Presa Squad Rush =  mp_009sr

I actually DO play Squad Deathmatch, and am interested to see what section of Panama Canal will be used for this.

My server won't be updated until some time tonight, i'd guess.  Need an update from the Procon Admin tool.

** Edit:  looks like I named the wrong "Laguna" in my original post about this map pack, FTL.

** Edit2:  Battlefield Bad Company 2 / VIP Map Pack 6 - Trailer HD

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-08-18 08:02:14)

GullyFoyle
+25|5389
One peice of hard news, and a bunch of fluff...enjoy!

New Battlefield Blog Post:  Share your best Battlefield strategies -- receive eternal fame and glory! *

* BY: H Brun
    * POSTED : Aug 30, 2010, 06:50AM

https://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/BC2_5F00_Panama_5F00_screen1.jpg

Hi Battlefield fans!

Listen up -- we know you know more than anyone about the right moves to make on the battlefield to stay alive and win. We are now turning to you to give us some of your favorite Bad Company 2 gameplay tips.

Starting today, you have exactly one week to share your strategies and personal playing styles with us in the forums. At midnight on September 6th, we will pick the best tips to be published on the official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 site.

Rules:

Each tip to be maximum 1 000 keystrokes (including spaces).
For PC, go here.
For Xbox 360/PS3, go here.

Maps/modes:

We are looking for your best playing tips and favorite strategies for the following maps and modes:
1) Laguna Alta Conquest
2) Laguna Presa Rush
3) Nelson Bay Squad Deathmatch
4) Port Valdez Conquest
5) White Pass Rush
6) Panama Canal Squad Deathmatch

And that's it! Sharpen your wits and your keyboard and start submitting! We will let you know when the first tips are up. Good luck!

* Amount of fame and glory may vary.
==================================================

Battlefield Community Manager Zh1nt0 interviewed at Bashandslash.com

From PlanetBattlefield.com:  Bad Company 2 R21 Server Rolling Out

Monday, 30 August, 2010 at 14:14 PST

A new Battlefield: Bad Company 2 server build (R21) has been rolling out since last Friday. This update does not apply to clients. If you own a server, contact your server provider to see if your server has been updated.

Since Friday evening, servers are gradually being upgraded to R21.

It was developed in response to some RSPs reporting that players would spam in the text chat, and that would cause stuttering for other players.

* There is a spam filter for text-chat: if someone sends 5 messages in 10 seconds, that player is muted for 60 seconds
        * Text chat can be muted across the entire server
        * Individual players can be promoted to “admin” (cannot be muted, spam filter does not apply) and “muted” (never allowed to text chat)
        * All settings configurable via remote admin interface
        * New textfile on-disk: textchatmoderationlist.txt [list of which players are admin & muted]
        * Updated docs; available here
Do you still feel loved?

New Battlefield Blog Post:  Community Pictures Contest

The Community Picture contest "remake zh1nt0" is now up for public vote! ... Vote on the sidebar!

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Well I guess that's good news they're still updating it and whatnot. Still would like to see some new maps though.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51
People still playing this game?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Some of us happen to like it mmmkay.  Now go to your room and think about what you've done.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America
I like this game more than bf2 in some ways. No jets mostly makes it awesome. Less GL power and destructible environments are great too.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black

Blade4509 wrote:

Less GL power.
Ahahahahahaha good one, I lol'd irl.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5985|Perth, Australia
Biggest problem with this game is there is about 6 servers that i can play on with reasonable reg.

So i'm constantly hoping they're sufficiently populated and now i'm finding that i'm getting kicked from my favourite of those because the clan finds my aim 'unnatural'
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

Finray wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Less GL power.
Hahahaha totally lol'd.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State

RDMC wrote:

Finray wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Less GL power.
Hahahaha totally lol'd.
40mm smoke should totally kill in 2 hits not 1
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5511|America

Trotskygrad wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Finray wrote:

Hahahaha totally lol'd.
40mm smoke should totally kill in 2 hits not 1
It's less than cod and bf2 what's so funny? Is it because you always get killed by it when camping?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard