hey there thomas!!  i think you may like colorado!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

Don't move to the Inland Empire.  Well, it is cheaper, but the cow manure smell is overpowering.

I love Orange County.  15 minutes to the beach, 2 hours to the mountains, 2 hours to the desert, great weather.  The housing costs aren't going out of control anymore either, so you probably could find something feasible.  Plus the greatest basketball franchise ever plays 45 minutes away.

The Kings suck, but "they've got a lot of young talent" according to my brother who has been saying the same thing for the past 3 years.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-02-03 16:35:33)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6753|The United Center

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

hey there thomas!!  i think you may like colorado!
Haha, while Colorado is awesome...my job can't transfer me there.  I CAN get transferred to pretty much anywhere in California though.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't move to the Inland Empire.  Well, it is cheaper, but the cow manure smell is overpowering.

I love Orange County.  15 minutes to the beach, 2 hours to the mountains, 2 hours to the desert, great weather.  The housing costs aren't going out of control anymore either, so you probably could find something feasible.  Plus the greatest basketball franchise ever plays 45 minutes away.

The Kings suck, but "they've got a lot of young talent" according to my brother who has been saying the same thing for the past 3 years.
Two of my best friends live in LA...so Orange County would be fucking awesome.  I definitely wouldn't mind living in LA...
what about LA traffic???

San Jose looks like a good choice
phishman420
Banned
+821|5687
Anywhere where it never gets cold. Florida or SoCal TBH.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

what about LA traffic???

Well, I'm planning on selling my car anyway.  So I'll just bike everywhere.  So traffic won't matter much.

San Jose does seem pretty awesome...but I know a bunch of people in LA...and apparently they cost about the same to live in.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6544|Long Island, New York

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Anze Kopitar tbh
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6445|King Of The Islands

TMo in AU Chats wrote:

I should visit you guys some day
*cough*
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Anze Kopitar tbh
Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Cam Barker, Duncan Keith, Kris Versteeg, Brent Seabrook tbh.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

what about LA traffic???

Well, I'm planning on selling my car anyway.  So I'll just bike everywhere.  So traffic won't matter much.

San Jose does seem pretty awesome...but I know a bunch of people in LA...and apparently they cost about the same to live in.
Can't live without a car in SoCal unless you have a lot of time or live literally in the city.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Cheez wrote:

TMo in AU Chats wrote:

I should visit you guys some day
*cough*
I'd still LOVE to go to Australia.  An ex of mine lives there and said I could stay at her place when I came to visit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Anze Kopitar tbh
Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Cam Barker, Duncan Keith, Kris Versteeg, Brent Seabrook tbh.
Touche, Salesman.

But I raise your Blackhawks and give you:

https://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/article_18214_2.jpg

At the current pace, the next Islander and the next Ovechkin.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

what about LA traffic???

Can't live without a car in SoCal unless you have a lot of time or live literally in the city.
Honestly, I think I'll be ok with just my bike.  A couple friends of mine live out in LA.  The only time one of them needed a car was when he moved to Burbank.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6727|Sydney, Australia

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I'd still LOVE to go to Australia.  An ex of mine lives there and said I could stay at her place when I came to visit.
You MUST come to Australia.

moveheremoveheremovehere
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Poseidon wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Anze Kopitar tbh
Touche, Salesman.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynam … 8214_2.jpg

Okposo should be pretty good too...so once he matures a bit, he'll be a solid player.  Same with Streit on D.  Weight will retire...so if you guys can sign a star forward and a couple solid D, you should be ok.

Tavares is good...but he's not the next Ovechkin.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

ThomasMorgan wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Honestly, I think I'll be ok with just my bike.  A couple friends of mine live out in LA.  The only time one of them needed a car was when he moved to Burbank.
If you live around the city (like Long Beach, Hollywood etc. - anywhere close to downtown LA) the mass transit is decent to above-average.  The train is absurdly cheap and covers a decent distance.  The further from Downtown the worse the public transport gets.  You don't want to spend hours stuck on the loser cruiser.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Touche, Salesman.

Okposo should be pretty good too...so once he matures a bit, he'll be a solid player.  Same with Streit on D.  Weight will retire...so if you guys can sign a star forward and a couple solid D, you should be ok.

Okposo's gonna be a fantastic player for us. He started the season off slow but is rapidly getting better. Weight AND Guerin will retire I bet. We're a team of old fogies and young punks. Unlike you, we haven't had much success in rebuilding.

Tavares is gonna be fantastic as well. He broke The Great One's OHL goal record...that's insane.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. Btw, no mention of Byfuglien?

But I digress.

Have you thought about NYC? You said you had family there? Honestly, NYC's in-freaking-credible. Unlike any other city I've ever been in. It's not too far away from the mountains either. Short drive upstate.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-02-03 16:59:25)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

If you live around the city (like Long Beach, Hollywood etc. - anywhere close to downtown LA) the mass transit is decent to above-average.  The train is absurdly cheap and covers a decent distance.  The further from Downtown the worse the public transport gets.  You don't want to spend hours stuck on the loser cruiser.
Last time I was out there, I stayed with my friend who lived in West Hollywood.  It was actually pretty sweet.  And yeah, the public transportation wasn't that bad...surprisingly. 

Though I DID get on the wrong bus one time and ended up in past Beverly Hills.  Fucking express rapid whateverthefuckthey'recalled red buses.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Poseidon wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Touche, Salesman.

Okposo's gonna be a fantastic player for us. He started the season off slow but is rapidly getting better. Weight AND Guerin will retire I bet. We're a team of old fogies and young punks. Unlike you, we haven't had much success in rebuilding.

Tavares is gonna be fantastic as well. He broke The Great One's OHL goal record...that's insane.

But I digress.

Have you thought about NYC? You said you had family there? Honestly, NYC's in-freaking-credible. Unlike any other city I've ever been in. It's not too far away from the mountains either. Short drive upstate.
Yeah, I seriously considered NYC when my best friend moved to Brooklyn.  While it's a really fucking cool city, it's one of those places that I really enjoyed visiting...but I don't think I'd want to actually live there.
Wreckognize
+294|6491
Come to SE Pennsylvania.  Plenty of outdoor activities in the Poconos and the Jersey shore is a short drive away.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6593|sWEEDen
Nimbin, Australia.

Or try Detroit, I heard that you can find bargains there.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Wreckognize wrote:

Come to SE Pennsylvania.  Plenty of outdoor activities in the Poconos and the Jersey shore is a short drive away.
For some reason, I've never visited Philly.

And while I love the east coast, I'm more of a west coast kind of person.  2pac4lyfe.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

But I digress.

Yeah, I seriously considered NYC when my best friend moved to Brooklyn.  While it's a really fucking cool city, it's one of those places that I really enjoyed visiting...but I don't think I'd want to actually live there.
All comes down to personal preference, I suppose. Honestly, if you can afford it, it sounds like San Jose would be the perfect fit for you. But that again brings up the question of affordability and whether it's really worth it or not.

Are you really sure you want to move? Ever thought of moving somewhere else in Chicago? I'm not familiar with it so I'm not sure how it's set up. I have to visit one day, though...I never got to visit the WTC so visiting the Sears Tower is on my bucket list.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6691|United States of America
What about a short jaunt over to Naperville?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard