firebolt5
+114|6155
Well, all of this could have been avoided...  Don't go to parties.  Don't do drugs.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Parker wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

He didn't "do drugs on film" he smoked some weed at a party, and with out him knowing some one got a picture. You make it sound like he shot a film about how much he loves weed
i smoke weed.

i smoke at parties too.

the difference between me and a world class athlete?

i MAKE SURE that im not on film smoking weed.
I thought of another key difference - no one gives a fuck about you or what you do in your spare time   Would I take a picture of you at a party?  Only if you if you were a hot chick in some advanced stage of undress.  Or you were a legendary Olympic champ...
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6394|The Gem Saloon

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I thought of another key difference - no one gives a fuck about you or what you do in your spare time
you=no one?

sorry man, but i do business out in the real world, and i dont need pictures of me using drugs out there for anyone to see.

thats just common sense.
i thought you would have known that.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Parker wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I thought of another key difference - no one gives a fuck about you or what you do in your spare time
you=no one?

sorry man, but i do business out in the real world, and i dont need pictures of me using drugs out there for anyone to see.

thats just common sense.
Um but you've posted your pictures here on bf2s along with videos of you firing guns. You've admitted to smoking pot among other things. You even use your full real name and link in your profile to your website.

A photo is one thing several thousand post admitting to various things along with multiple shows of proof is another.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Parker wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

you=no one?

thats just common sense.
Is your picture going to make the front page of a newspaper as a result of your actions?  Didn't think so.  "Derek Parker smoke's pot at a party.  Story on A14".   That's my point; no one = the public.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-02-02 16:37:17)

Parker
isteal

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

Um but you've posted your pictures here on bf2s along with videos of you firing guns.
i work very closely with the firearm industry, so no worries there

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

You've admitted to smoking pot among other things. You even use your full real name and link in your profile to your website.
and that is a calculated risk im willing to take.
its possible, but HIGHLY unlikely that someone would go that far to find out. 

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

A photo is one thing several thousand post admitting to various things along with multiple shows of proof is another.
A. a photo is proof.
B. i have not made thousands of posts admitting to "various things".
C. like i said, calculated risk.
Parker
isteal

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Is your picture going to make the front page of a newspaper as a result of your actions?
i plan on doing some big things in my life.
there could very well be a time where finding a picture of me using drugs could make someone a good amount of money.

aim high man.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Parker wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Is your picture going to make the front page of a newspaper as a result of your actions?
i plan on doing some big things in my life.
there could very well be a time where finding a picture of me using drugs could make someone a good amount of money.

aim high man.
Haha.  That reminds me of a friend of mine who was an aspiring politician.  My friends and I used to tell him that if he ever ran for president we would bust out the pictures from college parties.  He told us straight-faced that he would have us killed.

My point is that you aren't important enough to warrant people following you around and taking your picture.  You smoking out of a bong isn't as interesting as Michael Phelps doing it.  I guess it's his bad for not hiding in a closet while he was toking up.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Parker wrote:

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

Um but you've posted your pictures here on bf2s along with videos of you firing guns.
i work very closely with the firearm industry, so no worries there

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

You've admitted to smoking pot among other things. You even use your full real name and link in your profile to your website.
and that is a calculated risk im willing to take.
its possible, but HIGHLY unlikely that someone would go that far to find out. 

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

A. a photo is proof.
B. i have not made thousands of posts admitting to "various things".
C. like i said, calculated risk.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 7#p2118887
Admitting to using and selling LSD

All I had to put into the search was "I used to sell drugs"

Calculated risk, eh seems like a rather unnecessary one.
Parker
isteal

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

My point is that you aren't important enough to warrant people following you around and taking your picture.
and my point is that, at some point in my life i could be important enough for that to come back and bite me in the ass.
long term thinking.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You smoking out of a bong isn't as interesting as Michael Phelps doing it.
never claimed that it was.
but AT SOME POINT IN MY LIFE, it could have ADVERSE CONSEQUENCES, both PROFESSIONALLY and PERSONALLY.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I guess it's his bad for not hiding in a closet while he was toking up.
hide in a closet, delete pictures, only do it in private or with close friends...whatever works for him.

personally, i remain vigilant and make sure no one is around with cameras when/if i smoke in public.

i know the great ken-jennings doesnt care, but people do take pictures of me from time to time.
Parker
isteal

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=2118887#p2118887

zomg, and now its gone. crazy how that works on the internet, huh?

too bad phelps couldnt do that with his picture

my point is that this isnt concrete evidence that i smoke pot....at least, not like a picture.
this is all text through the internet. anyone can manipulate anything.

i know you are really trying to make a point with this, but i already told you; it is a calculated risk.

your opinion of that risk matters none to me.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

Parker wrote:

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=2118887#p2118887

zomg, and now its gone. crazy how that works on the internet, huh?

too bad phelps couldnt do that with his picture

my point is that this isnt concrete evidence that i smoke pot....at least, not like a picture.
this is all text through the internet. anyone can manipulate anything.

i know you are really trying to make a point with this, but i already told you; it is a calculated risk.

your opinion of that risk matters none to me.
zomg somebody out there must have deleted the thread. Somebody with mod powers I assume.

My ability to navigate archives was defeated by a simple delete stroke. My quick acting may have very well damned humanity or saved it.

Either way, I'll leave...back to DST.
Parker
isteal

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

zomg somebody out there must have deleted the thread. Somebody with mod powers I assume.

like i told you in the PM.

ANY MEMBER CAN DELETE THEIR OWN POSTS.
and the thread is still there. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=102404&p=1
you were just lost after i deleted the post you linked to

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

My ability to navigate archives was defeated by a simple delete stroke. My quick acting may have very well damned humanity or saved it.
no, but your argument failed pretty hard.

and your ability to navigate archives isnt all that, seeing as:

Parker wrote:

you were just lost after i deleted the post you linked to

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

Either way, I'll leave...back to DST.
later.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

https://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh207/m8v2/19.jpg
BRB Regaining honor
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
great, now US Swimming suspends him for 3 months. Fuck Phelps is bank enough he should just have his own competitions.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimming/ … id=3887608

Anyways, marijuana cant be that bad for you if the baddest man in swimming does it, but of course, everyone else already knows that, imagine if NBA players (far more viewers as far as i can tell) suspended its players 3 months? Thats like half their players. Did Phelps fail a drug test? Should have just said it was tobacco tbh
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England

Parker wrote:

Agreed, especially if you're a sportstar like him. If you're going to do it, god damn it, make sure the shitty paparazzo don't manage to get a snap of you doing it. Hell, I'm sure most of us only do it out of the public eye (parties don't count) just in case we might get caught, and we're all Joe Nobody. So for him to do it without thinking about getting caught, kinda dumb if you ask me

Still, fuck the papers for being allowed to infringe on someone's privacy and get away with it.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-02-06 06:05:47)

andy12
Banned
+52|6657
But people that smoke Cannabis can't be successful at anything...
Parker
isteal

Mekstizzle wrote:

Parker wrote:

Agreed, especially if you're a sportstar like him. If you're going to do it, god damn it, make sure the shitty paparazzo don't manage to get a snap of you doing it. Hell, I'm sure most of us only do it out of the public eye (parties don't count) just in case we might get caught, and we're all Joe Nobody. So for him to do it without thinking about getting caught, kinda dumb if you ask me

Still, fuck the papers for being allowed to infringe on someone's privacy and get away with it.
agreed.

Kellogs doesnt plan to renew his sponsorship at the end of feb...like i said earlier in the thread; a bad decision that is now costing him money.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

holy mother of random.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Parker wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Parker wrote:

agreed.

Kellogs doesnt plan to renew his sponsorship at the end of feb...like i said earlier in the thread; a bad decision that is now costing him money.
I'm sure he's got enough others that he doesn't give a fuck.
Parker
isteal

ghettoperson wrote:

oh lol, i bet...

losing one of his biggest sponsors and being suspended from competition in the same day....i bet hes just peachy right now
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Parker wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

oh lol, i bet...

losing one of his biggest sponsors and being suspended from competition in the same day....i bet hes just peachy right now
I don't know who his sponsors are or who's the biggest, but I'd imagine he's more pissed off at not being able to compete. At least, if I was making 10 million a year and I lost 3 million, a lot of money as it may be, I think I could continue to live quite comfortably on that.

In any case, it's not like Kelloggs really had a choice; they're a lot more family orientated than Speedo, or whatever swimming brands he uses.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
the media will do their best to keep this story in the news and try and ruin him... it's what they do best... Wow a 23 year old smoked pot... and apologized... The guy is the fastest swimmer in the world... imagine if he didn't do bong hits... lol                   
and i don't smoke myself... but i have bartended long enough to see drunk retards are more of an issue than someone who is baked... never had to tackle and restrain a stoned guy on a busy Friday night... lol
Love is the answer
Parker
isteal

ghettoperson wrote:

Parker wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

oh lol, i bet...

I don't know who his sponsors are or who's the biggest, but I'd imagine he's more pissed off at not being able to compete. At least, if I was making 10 million a year and I lost 3 million, a lot of money as it may be, I think I could continue to live quite comfortably on that.

In any case, it's not like Kelloggs really had a choice; they're a lot more family orientated than Speedo, or whatever swimming brands he uses.
spoken like someone that has never lost money.

bottom line;
he fucked up.

he is an idiot for getting his picture taken while smoking marijuana.

you would have thought that having to apologize for driving drunk would have taught him the first time around.

but since he didnt, he is now being punished professionally and financially.

maybe he will get it THIS TIME.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Parker wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Parker wrote:

oh lol, i bet...

spoken like someone that has never lost money.

bottom line;
he fucked up.

he is an idiot for getting his picture taken while smoking marijuana.

you would have thought that having to apologize for driving drunk would have taught him the first time around.

but since he didnt, he is now being punished professionally and financially.

maybe he will get it THIS TIME.
I didn't hear about him getting caught drunk driving. I find that a lot worse than getting caught smoking. By the look of the photo though, he clearly didn't know that it was being taken. I'm sure he didn't want any photos of it. Had he been caught posing with a bong, I'd agree about him being an idiot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard