It's the sudden stop that does.

BTW kmar, have you seen In Bruges?
No I haven't. But it looks good.

/spoiler alert mcminty..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but you should check out the film The Bridge. A documentary crew sat near the Golden Gate Bridge for a year and filmed many people who committed suicide, a few who were rescued, and one guy who actually survived the drop!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

damn it kerry watch it asasp. In the imdb top 250, it's #212.

But as you've probably guessed, or mcminty has spoiled lol, there is
Spoiler (highlight to read):
a fall from a great height which is quite incredible and actually similar to what you've posted.

But watch it. Close to if not, the best movie of '08.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6720|Sydney, Australia
Ninja mod, ninja mod... (to the theme of spidermanpig)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

One thing I've never understood is why someone would want to end their life in this manner. It's terrifying and painful.
If anybody could fully understand the whys, they'd make millions authoring textbooks. But I can answer it with another question: 'Why would someone want to end their life?' Depression is a remarkable, ghastly thing. http://www.suicide.org/suicide-causes.html

I DO NOT KNOW WHY GOD PICKED ME TO GO THRU THIS BUT HE DID.
I DON'T KNOW WHY SANTA CLAUS PICKED ME TO GET SICK ON CHRISTMAS BUT HE DID.

Yeah...anyway, one of the guys I work with types exactly like that, and it gives me a royal headache. Everyone who insists on typing in all caps despite hundreds of suggestions, pleading and orders to do otherwise should be beaten with a rotten salmon.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-01-31 00:59:01)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

There is not understanding why you would want to end your life. And there is not understanding why you would want to do it in such a horrible way. I think people are just plain ignorant to the exact cause of death... no matter what led them to the top of the bridge.

"Some people seem to think that jumping off the bridge is a light, airy way to end your life, like going to join the angels," said Marin County Coroner Ken Holmes, talking in the reception area of the coroner's office in San Rafael.
I don't think the fisherman in the OP was familiar with internet etiquette. He probably gets out more often the us internet dweebs.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
The Worst Are People Who For Some Strange Reason Put Each Indivdual Word With A Capital, For No, Apparent Reason.

Worst as in typers, not suicidal people.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina
Lesson learned: If you're going to kill yourself, take cyanide.  Count to 6 and die.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

The fall doesn't kill you.

It's the sudden stop that does.

BTW kmar, have you seen In Bruges?
No I haven't. But it looks good.

/spoiler alert mcminty..lol.
In Bruges is a good film, funny too. Watched it in the Cinema, not many people seem to know about it, but it's a good film.

Anyway yeah, best way to commit suicide is instant death by nuclear explosion. You won't even know what happened

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-01-31 06:31:46)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command

usmarine wrote:

its all about attention.  plain and simple.
Simple explanation is simpleton.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
If I were to jump to my death I would do it out of a plane flying high. At least I can do some fun flips before I splat.

I reckon something like cyanide is ideal tough. I wouldn't want my family to bury a gelatinous blob of crushed bone and organ stew.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-01-31 07:50:25)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

ATG wrote:

usmarine wrote:

so why do it when there are tons or private ways to do it?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Why do it at all tbh ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD

Kmarion wrote:

There is not understanding why you would want to end your life. And there is not understanding why you would want to do it in such a horrible way.
Someone dead-set on ending his life is probably not thinking straight.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

There's been quite a few jumping off the Tyne bridge near where I live, the cliffs are also a favourite. I remember there was one where they tried to talk this person out of it, and as they started to climb down, slipped and fell into the river. Nasty way to go.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command

usmarine wrote:

ATG wrote:

usmarine wrote:

so why do it when there are tons or private ways to do it?
Death by bridge spares some poor sot from scraping your brains off the ceiling of your house when you use a 12 gage. It spares a famly member finding the hanging body, or slashed wrists in the bathtub, or tailpipe hose in the car, etc.

It seems like the most dignified way to do it would be to drive your car into a overpass. No note. Hard to say it's not an accident. Spares a lot of people guilt.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

There is not understanding why you would want to end your life. And there is not understanding why you would want to do it in such a horrible way.
Those who really want to kill themselves will just do it, whether people are present or not. Those who are often being talked out by the police or someone else are usual someone who wasn't too set on making the drop and have second thoughts.
There was one here a while ago where this young guy (18 I think) held up a taxi driver with a knife by the coast, stole his car, swung across the grass and then took it right over the cliff onto the beach and rocks below without stopping. He was one who just wanted to die.
Vax
+42|5850|Flyover country

mtb0minime wrote:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but you should check out the film The Bridge. A documentary crew sat near the Golden Gate Bridge for a year and filmed many people who committed suicide, a few who were rescued, and one guy who actually survived the drop!
I caught some of that on the Doc channel, good film, but depressing.

The Bridge

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

This
Also things like cyanide are not easy to find; a tall bridge, it's just, there.

Last edited by Vax (2009-01-31 12:05:44)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

When you really really want to die you choose to do the method that'll have the highest rate of death.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

But so many other suicide committed people do it "thinking straight".. if you catch my drift. Falling asleep in your car/garage.. etc.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Actually most suicide attempts where the victim cuts their wrists for example have second thoughts. They they proceed to run around the house\bathroom\apartment throwing blood everywhere in a panic trying to bandage the wounds.

It's at that point they usually collapse and die from the effort and loss of blood. I know this cause I have some coroner friends who have been called to these types of cases. If your not prepared to see blood stained everything it's not the job for you.

A lot of people who suicide aren't thinking straight to start with, but the reality soon kicks in along with survival instinct once they begin to die.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Actually most suicide attempts where the victim cuts their wrists for example have second thoughts. They they proceed to run around the house\bathroom\apartment throwing blood everywhere in a panic trying to bandage the wounds.

It's at that point they usually collapse and die from the effort and loss of blood. I know this cause I have some coroner friends who have been called to these types of cases. If your not prepared to see blood stained everything it's not the job for you.

A lot of people who suicide aren't thinking straight to start with, but the reality soon kicks in along with survival instinct once they begin to die.
Perhaps you missed my example of death by Carbon monoxide poisoning.

Slitting your wrist goes more to the point I am making. Why would anyone do it in such a painful and terrifying way?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6392|The Gem Saloon
wow.

inefficiency at its finest.

dont these people know about shotguns?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645

Kmarion wrote:

OxenBreeder wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Im pretty sure hitting water at terminal velocity hurts just as much as hitting concrete.
I don't remember where I saw it, but it was on the boob toob, and if I recall correctly, almost anything over a 100' fall, is a fatal fall, into water that is.
I've hit the water at about 20-30 mph doing various water sports. And even at those speeds you skip like hell. Terminal velocity is around 100 mph.. so yikes.
100 mph can opener would be awesome.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
I suppose it's better than jumping off a bridge over a highway...

My friend was in St. Louis and some chick jumped off an overpass right in front of him.  He swerved to miss her without thinking, and he said it was a miracle that he didn't slam into another car when he did so.  He was the first person who approached her, although I think other people had already called 911.  Her legs were incredibly mangled (bones poking out from the flesh, etc.), but she was alive when the paramedics took her away.  It pretty much ruined his day to say the least...he was really shook up after the whole ordeal.

I can't imagine wanting THAT to be the way you go...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard