Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

Or a donkey! They live for donkey's years.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
baggs
+732|6205

Cheez wrote:

Or a donkey! They live for donkey's years.
ha ha, remind me to +1 you on Monday
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

phishman420 wrote:

Is this a joke? usmarine has a soul? I'm too sensitive, and I would probably fall in love with every dog and want to keep them all.
This, and this place is so rich/small that there are no stray dogs in need of care.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

Mekstizzle wrote:

Dogs/Pets can be fun, but I wouldn't want one. Too much responsibility and I don't like the idea of getting very attached to something that is almost certain you will outlive
The good times you have with them always make up for the loss.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
yeah did dog walking at the local RSPCA for a couple years.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada

usmarine wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Dogs/Pets can be fun, but I wouldn't want one. Too much responsibility and I don't like the idea of getting very attached to something that is almost certain you will outlive
i see your point.
yup, losing a dog is one of the worst things that can happen. tbh i felt worse when my dog died than when my grandfather died...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

today was a good / sad day for me at the shelter.  two of my favorite cats got adopted.  i spent the most time with those two because they seemed to be the ones that got the least attention from the "shoppers."  i like to think that me giving them attention made them happier and healthier, thus leading to their adoption.  i dunno, sucks to see them go, but thats the idea.  one of the coolest dogs was adopted today also.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

phishman420 wrote:

Is this a joke? usmarine has a soul? I'm too sensitive, and I would probably fall in love with every dog and want to keep them all.
I thought the same. But it just keeps you coming back .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

usmarine wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

today was a good / sad day for me at the shelter.  two of my favorite cats got adopted.  i spent the most time with those two because they seemed to be the ones that got the least attention from the "shoppers."  i like to think that me giving them attention made them happier and healthier, thus leading to their adoption.  i dunno, sucks to see them go, but thats the idea.  one of the coolest dogs was adopted today also.
wtf happened to you? You used to be cool. Now ur just lame.
specops10-4
+108|6744|In the hills

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

wtf happened to you? You used to be cool. Now ur just lame.
Because he cares for animals a little bit makes him lame...?
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6548|the best galaxy
Having a dog growing up was the best...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I couldn't do that.  I'd have a house full of dogs in no time.
Chorcai
+49|6649|Ireland

Reciprocity wrote:

I couldn't do that.  I'd have a house full of dogs in no time.
Then what ever you do, dont take up training a guide dog, you have to hand he/she back after about a year and a half later. But it more than makes up for the loss when you see your dog helping someone, even in the ost basic things like oing outside for a walk, which is taken for granted by most of us.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6395|The Gem Saloon
this thread always makes me want to play with my animals
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

My own humane society was too busy implementing huge office plans, 6-foot paintings and shrinking kennel areas to bother advertising humanitarian interaction like that.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

specops10-4 wrote:

Because he cares for animals a little bit makes him lame...?
Marines throw puppies, remember
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

My own humane society was too busy implementing huge office plans, 6-foot paintings and shrinking kennel areas to bother advertising humanitarian interaction like that.
well, the one i go to is 95% donations and volunteer.  they do not get the govt money like the other one in Columbus.  i think our operating budget was 2.2 mil last year, while the other one was over 5 mil.  plus this is the only shelter in central Ohio that will not turn away any animal no matter what.  they even have veterinarian students from OSU come in throughout the week.  shit there are even inmates (not big crime inmates) that come in and work also.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5937
I want a husky
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
I would do this, if there were any pounds near me. My girlfriend went to a pet abandonment centre for her work experience in third year. Loved every minute of it.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Well I was able to get three cats and one dog adopted today.  Five cats yesterday.  Sadly one very cool cat had to be put down.  I requested to be there and hold it while the shot was given because I liked it so much.  Last time I do that tbh.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
i have a kitten, it's called basil.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

usmarine wrote:

Well I was able to get three cats and one dog adopted today.  Five cats yesterday.  Sadly one very cool cat had to be put down.  I requested to be there and hold it while the shot was given because I liked it so much.  Last time I do that tbh.
My uncle's a vet and has had to do it for many years, but there was one span where he did it incessantly while he was still in training. Wasn't a very happy guy around those times.

He put down both of my first two dogs.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5598|Vacationland
Yeah I volunteer at my local shelter for 48 hours a year I try but with the other stuff I have to do I just can't do all the hours I want to. 

It's extremely rewarding, and all you people who are joking that you didn't think marine had a soul, just because you sold your soul to the devil for your leet skills doesn't me we all have.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine wrote:

My uncle's a vet and has had to do it for many years, but there was one span where he did it incessantly while he was still in training. Wasn't a very happy guy around those times.

ya the worst thing was you can tell he knew it was coming.  it was weird.  very calm yet extreme sadness in his eyes.  fucking killed me dude.  I couldn't do that for a job.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

usmarine wrote:

ya the worst thing was you can tell he knew it was coming.  it was weird.  very calm yet extreme sadness in his eyes.  fucking killed me dude.  I couldn't do that for a job.
Ugh.. that reminds me of when my dog died. I wasn't there to see her, but I keep having this sort of idea in my head that in her final moments, as she faded out forever, she could only feel helpless and wish that she could see me one last time. I keep feeling like I failed her because she died so young. god i fucking hate how the world works sometimes
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard