GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ
So I'm creating some .iso's for my discs (for backups) and im telling the story of how my old friend had this game, "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down" spinning in his CD drive... Basically and he went up to go get some ice cream, and BOOM! the fucking disc explodes in his drive! "What fucking luck!" I exclaim

We all have good lulz about my friends CD drive

Now I pop in Black Hawk Down, and notice VERY minor cracks on the innermost part... I joke, "Man I hope this shit doesnt blow up on me too"

So im doing some shit on the compy, disc is copying, all is good, and then one of my friends hits something metal against the ground, or the door... a loud scary *CRACK* is audible over the NIN playing...

"CROWE, DAVE, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!"
They look back at me with the same face im making, "WTF?!"

In unison, we look towards my drive...

Then I look at my screen... 98% complete
Then I wait about 20 seconds... 98% complete

So I try to open my drive, I hear cracking noises...

So I remove my drive, and turn it in a circle... It sounds like a pickle jar with a quarter of the jar filled with sand and smashed sea shells...

Fucking shitty quality cd...

FUCKING 98%, it couldnt wait another 3 seconds to explode?

anywho I thought I would share that with you guys for lulz...
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6611|Your moms bedroom
i got that game, never saw a disk for it though
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
That's some kick-ass DRM now, isn't it?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
It didn't explode, the shitty dvd drive broke it. It happened to me too couple years ago
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GodFather
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

.Sup wrote:

It didn't explode, the shitty dvd drive broke it. It happened to me too couple years ago
Nah, its a good CD drive, right where the hole to put it in the trey is had multiple minute cracks in it...

Ive had the drive (and an identical one) sitting in my computer for two or so years, and no such thing ever happened before :\
.Sup
be nice

GodFather wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Nah, its a good CD drive, right where the hole to put it in the trey is had multiple minute cracks in it...

Ive had the drive (and an identical one) sitting in my computer for two or so years, and no such thing ever happened before :\
Mine drive broke the cd to tens of small pieces
GodFather
+387|6190|Phoenix, AZ

.Sup wrote:

GodFather wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I dont even want to/know how to open my drive without a brick (bad plastic/other dust to inhale)
.Sup
be nice
I just pulled the platter out by force
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine

GodFather wrote:

.Sup wrote:

GodFather wrote:

I dont even want to/know how to open my drive without a brick (bad plastic/other dust to inhale)
Um, yeah. There's no dust. It's a CD drive, not a blender.

My friend's BF2 disc blew up once, and completely destroyed his DVD drive. It actually deformed some of the metal casing around it. Very loud pop, and a bunch of DVD pieces flew all over my room. Twas quite funny.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

what the fuck kind of drives have you guys been buying?!    i've had one die on me, but they're not microwaves ffs.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-01-29 05:13:25)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

GodFather wrote:

There should be a small hole in the front of the drive. Push a pin/paperclip into it and the drawer should open (unless it's still clenching after having 10000 sharp shards of plastic rammed up it at 26000 rpm).

BTW, anyone notice that anything with 'blackhawk' in the name seems to do a similar thing?
Brasso
+1,549|6601

cospengle wrote:

GodFather wrote:

There should be a small hole in the front of the drive. Push a pin/paperclip into it and the drawer should open (unless it's still clenching after having 10000 sharp shards of plastic rammed up it at 26000 rpm).

BTW, anyone notice that anything with 'blackhawk' in the name seems to do a similar thing?
as in blow up?  not really.  but i hear helicopter rotors spin at high speeds as well.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6385|Finland

My brother had a CD explode in his drive once... the drive internals were totally obliterated by 10000 sharp plastic pieces....
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
cospengle
+140|6457|Armidale, NSW, Australia

haffeysucks wrote:

cospengle wrote:

GodFather wrote:

as in blow up?  not really.  but i hear helicopter rotors spin at high speeds as well.
Must be just Australian Blackhawks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard