Warhammer
+18|5680
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld … ?track=rss
Okay, my question is what about the past? What if there were inconsistencies in volcanic ruptures in the Ocean in the past and have been affecting our climate for centuries. This is weird we do produce emission but at small levels compared to the world yearly. So it will take a 1000 years. Is our CO2 "special" considering other natural CO2 emissions. Have they considered other natural parts besides us?

Last edited by Warhammer (2009-01-28 21:58:26)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Warhammer wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-sci-warming27-2009jan27,0,676232.story?track=rss
Okay, my question is what about the past? What if there were inconsistencies in volcanic ruptures in the Ocean in the past and have been affecting our climate for centuries. This is weird we do produce emission but at small levels compared to the world yearly. So it will take a 1000 years. Is our CO2 "special" considering other natural CO2 emissions. Have they considered other natural parts besides us?
lol ^ sceptic.

What inconsistencies in the past? You mean, like an Ice age? We've had a few of those.

And when those end the Earth warms again.

It has never warmed as quickly as it has in the past 100 years. That's the problem. And it is continuing to rise.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6600|132 and Bush

What are you talking about? It's already cooler now than it was when GWB entered office. Thx G dub .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
"It has never warmed as quickly as it has in the past 100 years. That's the problem. And it is continuing to rise."

Global warming has been discredited...  I am against unnecessary polluting but Globull warming was a business and Al Gore is once again the fool
http://www.ourcivilisation.com/aginatur/moregw.htm

"MYTH No. 1: The Earth is warming!

TRUTH: The Earth is warming. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said the global average surface temperature increased about 0.6 degrees Celsius over the 20th century. "

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-01-28 22:13:10)

Love is the answer
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6221|Brisneyland

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

"It has never warmed as quickly as it has in the past 100 years. That's the problem. And it is continuing to rise."

Global warming has been discredited...  I am against unnecessary polluting but Globull warming was a business and Al Gore is once again the fool
http://www.ourcivilisation.com/aginatur/moregw.htm

"MYTH No. 1: The Earth is warming!

TRUTH: The Earth is warming. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said the global average surface temperature increased about 0.6 degrees Celsius over the 20th century. "
At the moment, the overwhelming body of opinion from those in the field is that the globe is warming significantly and it is caused by man. I am happy to quote pages and pages of documents on tha matter, but I would just be repeating myself from previous posts, and to be honest , sceptics dont listen anyway, so I would be wasting my time.

One thing I hate is that the Right make it an issue about politics, when its  a scientific issue. If you dont like Al Gore, thats great. Doesnt mean the science is wrong.

As for Warhammers question:
Is our CO2 "special" considering other natural CO2 emissions. Have they considered other natural parts besides us?
The thing is that nature does produce a lot of CO2, but it is part of a natural cycle ( ie it gets absorbed by nature). Humans add small but significant amounts of CO2 to the atmosphere which pushes the cycle out of whack. Global temps dont have to rise much to cause major environmental problems.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
Humans are dumping into the atmosphere in a matter of years carbon which nature has taken millions of years to store away, its going to knock things out of whack.

And the whole 'you only believe in global warming cuz ur a librul' thing is just childish TBH.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6309|South Jersey
lol...too bad Al Gorged his fat ass isnt a scientist
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

mcjagdflieger wrote:

lol...too bad Al Gorged his fat ass isnt a scientist
Who gives a fuck about Al Gore? Try discrediting the thousands of true scientists then I'll take you seriously.

@Catbox. Your links - all of them - have been thoroughly discredited. Global warming hasn't been discredited except in the minds of a few who would prefer to do nothing and/or are covering their asses.

And why does every denier (not skeptic) seems to have an obsession with IGNORING scientific objections (which is what a true skeptic would do)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
hey guys i don't have any formal high education in science but i'm gonna go ahead and dismiss climate change as clever liberal propaganda
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

hey guys i don't have any formal high education in science but i'm gonna go ahead and dismiss climate change as clever liberal propaganda
sums it up quite nicely, mr. mcfly

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-01-29 19:42:25)

Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

it's a conspiraxy by al gooore to fill the pockets of the UN and get a world government by bankrupting america!
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
I find it very hard seeing those "proving" humanity is causing global warming as objective when their payday depends on their conclusions pointing the finger at humans.  There are plenty of scientists who research the same data and come to the opposite conclusion.  Getting pretty bored of those in the man-made global warming camp acting like the smartest in the room on the subject simply because their scientists get a bigger payday by peddling their bs.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Stingray24 wrote:

There are plenty of scientists who research the same data and come to the opposite conclusion.
Prove it.  Not saying you are lying, just saying prove it.

"There are plenty of scientists who research the same data and come to the opposite conclusion".  <--- Prove that, then prove that those scientists aren't influenced by a payday, just like you claim the "global warming" scientists are.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-01-29 19:50:57)

Stingray24
Use google or the library.  I don't have enough energy to waste any on convincing people that man is not causing global warming.  I could post 100 scientists and their W2s on here and still end up convincing no one.  People believe what they want to believe.  I happen to be in the camp that calls bs on these career global warming alarmists raking in huge bank in government and private money.

Oh ok, here's an Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Deniers-Renowned- … 0980076315

And another: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story. … 81196a6d71

This for me is reasonable doubt.  This is not settled science no matter what the sky is falling greenies say.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2009-01-29 19:59:06)

Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Stingray24 wrote:

Use google or the library.  I don't have enough energy to waste any on convincing people that man is not causing global warming.  I could post 100 scientists and their W2s on here and still end up convincing no one.  People believe what they want to believe.  I happen to be in the camp that calls bs on these career global warming alarmists raking in huge bank in government and private money.
I could post 10 000 scientists on here. Come on, are you going to actually look at the science or just call "conspiracy" bullshit?

Oh ok, here's an Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Deniers-Renowned- … 0980076315
Okay, let's look at this.

Dr Edward Wegman - a mathematician who wrote a paper - ONE paper - on statistical errors in paleoclimatology. Funny, I thought if his erport was so sound I thought he would have let everyone peer-review it, not just a selected few. Besides, he himself acknowledges the rise in temperature as given.

Dr. David Bromwich - points out the middle of Antartica isn't warming. Well, at least we agree on one thing. The Antarctic - the middle of it - isn't MEANT to warm. It's meant to COOL because of the bucket of fun we spilt, the ozone hole (although even this might be wrong)

Prof. Paul Reiter - I'll give you that one, but since when was Al Gore a scientists?

Prof. Hendrik Tennekes - I will have to look closer at his claim, which I doubt. Variabilities aside there is no reason they shouldn't give us a trend. We're not talking local weather here.

Dr. Zbigniew Jaworowski - also thinks that leaded petrol was a good idea. Hello?

Should I go on?

There's, I think, about 100 scientists who are climate change skeptics. Much of their data is based on faulty evidence.

Again, science.

Last edited by Spark (2009-01-29 20:05:35)

~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Stingray24 wrote:

I find it very hard seeing those "proving" humanity is causing global warming as objective when their payday depends on their conclusions pointing the finger at humans.  There are plenty of scientists who research the same data and come to the opposite conclusion.
I don't see any evidence of climatologists doing global warming just for money. On the contrary, there are plenty of "scientists" (who incidentally few have a degree in a scientific field) who are bankrolled by Exxon etc.

Getting pretty bored of those in the man-made global warming camp acting like the smartest in the room on the subject simply because their scientists get a bigger payday by peddling their bs.
Whatever. There are, in my view, still no alternate explanations for the observed 0.5 degree rise in global temperature over the last 100 years.
~ Richard Feynman
Stingray24
Exhibiting my point perfectly ...
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

Stingray24 wrote:

Exhibiting my point perfectly ...
Then give me one.

Volcanism? Should do the opposite, unless you're talking about a decrease in volcanism, which is a stretch.

Solar cycles? Give me a break. Milankovitch cylces? Give me a break. Scale and timeframe matter.

---

Besides which, I don't see any environmentalists using the work the work of climate change deniers to try and paint them as pro-climate change (which is a misnomer as it implies that the science of climate change is political which it is not), as some climate change deniers have.

Last edited by Spark (2009-01-29 20:10:09)

~ Richard Feynman
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
it's gettin scientizzilific up in here
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS
Unfortunately, it's not, it's going backwards.

---

And while we're on the subject of deception, shall I mention the 'sixty scientists' who sent a letter who the Canadian prime minister, only for all but TWO of the scientists to be found to have no current training as climatologists and cite past appointments (what would an appointment twenty years ago have to do with an issue of the last decade, I don't know), and one of whom retracted his signature citing deception?

Or the Leipzig Decleration, in which several of the signatories had never even HEARD of it?

A degree in science =/= a degree in climatology. Would you trust a GP to remove a cancer? Or a physio to diagnose heart disease - I mean, they all practice medicine, right?

Last edited by Spark (2009-01-29 20:23:49)

~ Richard Feynman
13rin
+977|6478

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Warhammer wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-sci-warming27-2009jan27,0,676232.story?track=rss
lol ^ sceptic.

What inconsistencies in the past? You mean, like an Ice age? We've had a few of those.

It has never warmed as quickly as it has in the past 100 years. That's the problem. And it is continuing to rise.
Seconds on the koolaid I see.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

DBBrinson1 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Warhammer wrote:

lol ^ sceptic.

Are you going to say something intelligent or not?

---

In any case this whole debate is idiotic. It smacks of the cries of a dying philosophy which says "who gives a fuck how much you waste and how much you destroy?"

Last edited by Spark (2009-01-29 20:27:47)

~ Richard Feynman
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
I am pointing out Al Gores hypocrisy... and the jury is still out on mans effect on the earths climate... Why are some saying we are heading for an ice age? Which is it?   
I think not polluting is very important(so paying money for carbon credits while you pollute doesn't seem right to me...especially when you pay yourself)
http://whatthecrap.wordpress.com/2008/0 … dits-from/
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivoro … nconv.html

... and this isn't a politics issue for me... just some people and scientists that realize they could make a lot of money trying to combat the climate change theory.
Love is the answer
Spark
+874|6674|Canberra, AUS

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I am pointing out Al Gores hypocrisy... and the jury is still out on mans effect on the earths climate... Why are some saying we are heading for an ice age? Which is it?
We are heading for an ice age... in several thousand years. Not something you and I need worry about, unless you REALLY are looking loooooooooooooooooooong-term.   
I think not polluting is very important(so paying money for carbon credits while you pollute doesn't seem right to me...especially when you pay yourself)
http://whatthecrap.wordpress.com/2008/0 … dits-from/
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivoro … nconv.html

... and this isn't a politics issue for me... just some people and scientists that realize they could make a lot of money trying to combat the climate change theory.
On this, I agree. Clean up your own mess you lazy fucks.
~ Richard Feynman
13rin
+977|6478

Spark wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lol ^ sceptic.

Are you going to say something intelligent or not?

---

In any case this whole debate is idiotic. It smacks of the cries of a dying philosophy which says "who gives a fuck how much you waste and how much you destroy?"
Never before?  Never ever?  Really you got the proof?  Yea.    You going to type something intelligent or not?

Your rats are jumping ship just as fast as they climb aboard.  Give it up.  Man made global warming is a scam.  Again DRINK IT IN.

Spark wrote:

On this, I agree. Clean up your own mess you lazy fucks.
Hell yea you're right!  No shit, clean up your mess ya lazy fuck.. Take the ball and run with it... Start by turning off your parents computer, then the lights, unplug the fridge.. .. No fuck it.  Switch off the main breaker to your trailer.  In the morning you can crap in your compostion toilet to fertalize your veggies you will be eating for dinner.  Then, you can't ride your moped or borrow your parent's car -too much pollution (duh)... But don't take the bus to work either - ride yo' bike you stud man of EPA emissions renegade!  After your hard day of handing out fliers -to save the local animal shelter (printed on homemade recycled paper) you can bike it home to your tofu dinner prepaired by mamma bear.   Gaw'd you've got such a mission to fufil...

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-01-29 20:48:04)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard