FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
And they seem to credit it to Obamas new administration

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7855216.stm

BBC wrote:

Russia's military has announced it will halt its plans to deploy short-range missiles in its Baltic enclave Kaliningrad, Interfax news agency says.

A Russian military official said a change in US attitude had prompted the latest decision, Interfax reports.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

meh

"Russian defence ministry has not confirmed the latest Interfax report"
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

usmarine wrote:

meh

"Russian defence ministry has not confirmed the latest Interfax report"
True, but

BBC wrote:

The BBC's James Rodgers in Moscow says the agency is often used by the Kremlin to float proposals.
Not 100% definitive, but sounds ok
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

well maybe cuz i grew up during to cold war...........but i dont trust the commies
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

usmarine wrote:

well maybe cuz i grew up during to cold war...........but i dont trust the commies
understandable.

But if this is true, it's a concession from Russia.

That's nice in two ways

1)No more dick waving
2)Ruskies rarely ever back down
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6169|what

That's okay.

They still have plenty of long range missiles.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Commie Killer
+192|6403
Only difference is it is gonna take 15 instead of 5 minutes to go boom now. Either way, I doubt France(assuming the MRBM's were targeted there) would be able to launch a retaliatory strike before the missiles start exploding on their silos and city's. Point is, everyone is still no farther then 35 minutes away from death.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
It's not the actual physical removal thats the key thing here, it's the gesture
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6545|Global Command
I'm happy.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6733
maybe it's a financial issue also... they might be low on cash with oil prices down and the recession?
Sounds a little fishy, but if they are for real then cool.
Love is the answer
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

maybe it's a financial issue also... they might be low on cash with oil prices down and the recession?
Sounds a little fishy, but if they are for real then cool.
i think they recently offered iceland a ton of money to bail em out, so i don't think they're doing toooo bad, but i don't know in all fairness.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6239|Brisneyland
Russia definitely has financial issues so will cut back where it can.

This quote is with respect to their navy.

The Australian wrote:

"Only 12 nuclear-powered submarines, 20 major surface warships and one aircraft carrier remain in service with the Russian navy, the last of which is routinely followed by two tugs in case of breakdown," it added.
Source

I also read today that Russia is cutting back on its nuclear program, not for peaceful reasons, but for economic reasons. Halting the missile deployment is possibly just another (welcome) indication that the military is severly short of funds. (damnit cant find the source).
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6509|Connecticut
Pesky Russians. They didn't learn the when we handed them their ass with a bunch of high school kids.

Source
Malloy must go
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6792|Moscow, Russia

Burwhale wrote:

The Australian wrote:

I also read today that Russia is cutting back on its nuclear program, not for peaceful reasons, but for economic reasons.
russia's been hit with economic crysis just as bad as everybody else, so yeah, it's financial issue imho. but don't get your hopes up - as soon as oil prices start climbing you will hear our russian bear growling again . not that it matters much, but...
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6307|Éire
Obama heals the world again... the honeymoon period is always great isn't it?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6200|Ireland
The US should reciprocate by pulling out of Europe and letting the Russians have it.  Nothing is more useless than islamic eurotrash.
Christbane
+51|6251

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Pesky Russians. They didn't learn the when we handed them their ass with a bunch of high school kids.

Source
best laugh of the day so far!  +1
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8260230.stm
US 'shelves Europe missile plan'
The US is to abandon its controversial plan to build a missile defence system in Poland and the Czech Republic, the Czech prime minister has announced.

Reports from the US said it would be dropped as Iran's long-range missile plans had advanced less than predicted.
The US decision marks a major foreign policy shift which could impact on its dealings with Europe, Russia and Iran.

The Pentagon has now confirmed there will be a major change, with more details expected later on Thursday.
Russia, which saw the missile plan as a threat, welcomed the move.
The US signed a deal in August 2008 with Poland to site 10 interceptors at a base near the Baltic Sea, and with the Czech Republic to build a radar station on its territory.

President Barack Obama earlier this year ordered a review of the defence system, which was strongly backed by his predecessor George W Bush.

On Thursday, Czech Prime Minister Jan Fischer said Mr Obama had notified him of the change of plan.
'Iran's long-range missile plans had advanced less than predicted' my butt.
What was predicted and by whom?
Sounds like WMD all over again.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5417
However, the Wall Street Journal, quoting unnamed sources, said the White House was now to order "a shift towards the development of regional missile defences for the continent".
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England
There were big protests in countries like the Czech Republic and Poland about it anyway, so the people didn't really want it either. Or so I've heard. They already lived under being a satellite state with the USSR and they didn't want it again, albeit in a less obvious/strict way with the US.

It defuses alot of things instead of provoking and causing unnecessary tension with countries like Russia, no real need to go back to silly Cold War antics like that.
Lai
+186|6167

Burwhale wrote:

This quote is with respect to their navy.

The Australian wrote:

"Only 12 nuclear-powered submarines, 20 major surface warships and one aircraft carrier remain in service with the Russian navy, the last of which is routinely followed by two tugs in case of breakdown," it added.
Source

I also read today that Russia is cutting back on its nuclear program, not for peaceful reasons, but for economic reasons. Halting the missile deployment is possibly just another (welcome) indication that the military is severly short of funds. (damnit cant find the source).
Russia never has never been about its navy, Russia is landbound. That's what the Crimean and Russo-Turkish wars were all about, and more recently to some extend also Abchazia.

usmarine wrote:

I don't either, but I do trust the Russians.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England
nah those russians can be dodgy

Whatever happened to that shipment that was hijacked and shit, see how even the western media can't get a story on that, that's when you know they got shit on a lockdown
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

There were big protests in countries like the Czech Republic and Poland about it anyway, so the people didn't really want it either.
Don't allow it.. okthx
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6239|Brisneyland

Lai wrote:

Russia never has never been about its navy, Russia is landbound
Hmmm. maybe not quite. Russia has heaps of access to the sea. ( probably not really what you meant ...sorry to bring it up).
I cant see russia really being bothered to be a threat anyway.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5374|London, England

FatherTed wrote:

And they seem to credit it to Obamas new administration

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7855216.stm

BBC wrote:

Russia's military has announced it will halt its plans to deploy short-range missiles in its Baltic enclave Kaliningrad, Interfax news agency says.

A Russian military official said a change in US attitude had prompted the latest decision, Interfax reports.
Next step would be returning that land to Germany.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard