GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6219|Phoenix, AZ
So my friend is having some problems, he can connect to a LAN, but not the internet... We know its not his connection at home now because we just hooked his computer up to my network, and same thing

the LAN definately works, im transferring him an ISO at the minute over my network...

The week or two prior to the internet access completely STOPPING, web pages loaded at a crawl...

I tried installing a NIC on his computer thinking maybe something got messed up on the motherboad... But that didnt work

I also looked on the Gigabyte website to look for some onboard network card drivers (if there is such a thing) and found nothing...

I also built his computer, so you can include "maybe you didnt do this/fucked this up on the install" ideas...

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R

Newegg [for specs]
Brasso
+1,549|6630

maybe you fucked it up?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
drivers: check under LAN
And check to see if all the settings of his NIC ar set to auto, so no fixed IP's
GodFather
+387|6219|Phoenix, AZ
Installed, and restarted

Apparently now he tells me that it said on the tray that he had internet access, but when he starts IE or FireFox, and nothing ever boots (or takes 10 minutes to load half a page)

I had him ping Google VIA Command Prompt, and hes getting response times averaging 650ms

Any ideas?
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
What happens when you enter google's ip in internet explorer? (The one you also get with the ping command)
If that shows a page, then somethings wrong with the DNS settings. If that doesn't work, it's the browser (or something else).
GodFather
+387|6219|Phoenix, AZ

Nessie09 wrote:

What happens when you enter google's ip in internet explorer? (The one you also get with the ping command)
If that shows a page, then somethings wrong with the DNS settings. If that doesn't work, it's the browser (or something else).
Same thing happens when I try to go through the IP

edit:   I just launched uTorrent, hes uploading at a rate of like 100kb/s

wat?

Last edited by GodFather (2009-01-28 19:39:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard