FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

One member in particular has stated repeatedly that perhaps Jews should do some introspection to figure out why they have been so hated by others throughout history. That's fucking nonsense.
Its not nonsense, its a perfectly reasonable suggestion.

Either people hate them for a reason, or anti-semiticism doesn't exist - its just the normal racism which occurs when disparate groups come into contact.
So it's perfectly reasonable to suggest that black people look at themselves to figure out why so many whites/non-blacks hate them. Or Native Americans. Or Hispanics. Or Asians. Or Arabs.

The problem's with them not the racist themselves.

Yep...perfectly reasonable.

To suggest that the group being discriminated against is somehow at fault for that discrimination is one of the least reasonable suggestions I've ever heard.

Dilbert_X wrote:

To suggest there is some special kind of racism which applies only to one single race is fucking nonsense.
It's not at all nonsense. Racism is by definition "special" against a specific race (except for <insert race here>-supremacist views). The fact that there is a name for racism against a certain race or group is irrelevant. It just is. It is neither good nor bad.

Dilbert_X wrote:

This is always the problem, they don't like any of the non-chosen criticising their actions and cry 'anti-semiticism' to deflect attention.
People claiming antisemitism where none exists is a different issue. And it's not "always the problem".
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

So it's perfectly reasonable to suggest that black people look at themselves to figure out why so many whites/non-blacks hate them. Or Native Americans. Or Hispanics. Or Asians. Or Arabs.
Re-read what I said.
Racism between disparate groups is normal, especially when there is some added reason for conflict, lack of space, food etc.
Either its just normal racism or there is some reason the jews have supposedly been singled out for some form of super-racism.

FEOS wrote:

The fact that there is a name for racism against a certain race or group is irrelevant.
It is relevant. You're not allowed to be anti-semitic, but you are allowed to be racist, which is convenient since the Israelis are currently probably the most racist nation on earth when it comes to national policy.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Re-read what I said.
Racism between disparate groups is normal, especially when there is some added reason for conflict, lack of space, food etc.
Either its just normal racism or there is some reason the jews have supposedly been singled out for some form of super-racism.

FEOS wrote:

The fact that there is a name for racism against a certain race or group is irrelevant.
It is relevant. You're not allowed to be anti-semitic, but you are allowed to be racist, which is convenient since the Israelis are currently probably the most racist nation on earth when it comes to national policy.
Since when are you allowed to be racist?
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Re-read what I said.
Re-read what I said. Your suggestion is that the Jews must be the cause of the racism against them. That is the natural conclusion from your "introspection" suggestion. And it's fucking ludicrous.

Nobody has said the Jews have been singled out for some form of super-racism. Re-read what I've posted previously. There being a name for this specific form of racism doesn't make it any better or worse than any other kind of racism against any other group. Nobody ever said it did.

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

What MOAB said.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303
Why didn't the guy take a trip to somewhere OTHER than the middle east?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

MOAB wrote:

You're apparently allowed to be racist if the target is arabs or muslims. Just look at this forum.

FEOS wrote:

Your suggestion is that the Jews must be the cause of the racism against them.
I'm suggesting they think about why everyone apparently hates them for no explicable reason.
Either theres a reason or maybe they are just paranoid and they don't have it any worse than anyone else.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Dilbert_X wrote:

MOAB wrote:

You're apparently allowed to be racist if the target is arabs or muslims. Just look at this forum.

FEOS wrote:

I'm suggesting they think about why everyone apparently hates them for no explicable reason.
Either theres a reason or maybe they are just paranoid and they don't have it any worse than anyone else.
Muslims are a race?
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

MOAB wrote:

That's a crock o' shit.

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

So, it's either their fault or they're paranoid.

Nice binning you've got there.

Or...just maybe...it could be that some hate them simply because they're Jews.

Oh...and this:Spoiler (highlight to read):
Nobody ever said that Jews have it worse than anyone else.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

Why would anyone do that?
Do people get picked on depending on whether they believe in the abominable snowman or the tooth fairy?
Didn't think so.
They claim it regularly, and accuse others of racism when there is none.
The whole 'you only criticise Israel because you're anti-semitic' thing seems to have run its course, thankfully.
Even they've figured out everyone's tired of hearing it.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-02-08 03:29:35)

Lai
+186|6152
Just for the record: I'm not Jewish, I've never been to Israel and I'm from ultra left wing reigned Holland. Yet, I fully support Israel in their actions in Gaza
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Lai wrote:

Just for the record: I'm not Jewish, I've never been to Israel and I'm from ultra left wing reigned Holland. Yet, I fully support Israel in their actions in Gaza
Wouldn't you say though that Israel would have been better off to just send Mossad in there and kill the terrorists, rather than bombing the shit out of the place?

I mentioned this earlier, but Lisik apparently ignored it.
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Why would anyone do that?
It's called racism.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Do people get picked on depending on whether they believe in the abominable snowman or the tooth fairy?
Didn't think so.
Glad that you don't think an analogy that has no applicability applies.

Dilbert_X wrote:

They claim it regularly, and accuse others of racism when there is none.
That's not unique to Jews...it just appears that they're the only ones you seem to call on it.

Dilbert_X wrote:

The whole 'you only criticise Israel because you're anti-semitic' thing seems to have run its course, thankfully.
Even they've figured out everyone's tired of hearing it.
Maybe the whole "you only criticize a black man because you're a white supremacist" has run its course too...but I doubt it.
― Albert Einstein

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Lai wrote:

I don't understand how anyone can "fully" support any side in the Holy land. Both sides are riddled with cunts. I believe in the Palestinian struggle but I still think Hamas are a shower of wankers. Israel have a right to not be bombed every day but innocent Palestinians also have a right not to live in a ghetto under the fist of their own extremist groups on one side and state of the art Israeli firepower on the other... they can't even run because they're walled in for fuck's sake.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe the whole "you only criticize a black man because you're a white supremacist" has run its course too...but I doubt it.
A better analogy would be 'you only criticise Zimbabwe and Robert Mugabe because you're a racist'.
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

A better analogy would be 'you only criticise Zimbabwe and Robert Mugabe because you're a racist'.
Both are equally "valid".
― Albert Einstein

rdx-fx
+955|6592

Braddock wrote:

I don't understand how anyone can "fully" support any side in the Holy land. Both sides are riddled with cunts. I believe in the Palestinian struggle but I still think Hamas are a shower of wankers. Israel have a right to not be bombed every day but innocent Palestinians also have a right not to live in a ghetto under the fist of their own extremist groups on one side and state of the art Israeli firepower on the other... they can't even run because they're walled in for fuck's sake.
Oh, for fuck's sake, man.. where do you get off going and being all reasonable and balanced?!

Irish guys take the Palestinian side, Americans take the Israeli side.
No wavering, no give and take.
We piss, moan, and call each other names until someone starts a new thread .. then we do it all again!!

Damnit, man!  You know the rules here!

</kidding>

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard