ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command
https://i42.tinypic.com/2zgb1hv.jpg

Good luck Mr. President. I ask that you restore sanity to our nation.

I am happy that institutional racism is officially dead in America. Hopefully you will be the Of, By and for that has been so lacking these last few years. I will be eager to have many reaons to vote for your re-election, and give you the full benefit of the doubt.

https://i40.tinypic.com/91gfa1.jpg
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6480|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Well, he is the Pres now so I am bound buy duty to support him.
ATG
Banned
I guess there is more than one way to spell by.

McCain voter?
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6480|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

ATG wrote:

I guess there is more than one way to spell by.

McCain voter?
I have voted Republican all my life, but, even though you didn't vote for him, you still need to support him.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6594|132 and Bush

Good luck.. I might disagree with some of his plans but he is my President. I wish him well, for the wellness of my country.

Just please ffs don't be another Carter.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6483|Menlo Park, CA
Good Luck Barack!! Your gonna need it buddy!

I think he is the right choice for the job at this point and time.  He might not have that much experience, but he is a driven individual who I think will do a good job.

Thank you George W. Bush for your service! History will definitely look down on you less harsh as time goes by!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
My wish is for him not to use the US army as a tool for achieving US political goals outside of US sovereign territory. I hope he takes actions that result in people in the rest of the world not raising their eyebrows when they hear the word 'America'. I hope he extends parity of esteem to all of the nations of the world and that the apparatus of his government does not subvert the political processes of sovereign nations (save for sanctions, which any sovereign nation has a right to apply to another) irrespective of perceived 'national interests' of a material or financial nature. I hope the US army becomes one of defense/response, not one of hegemony and enforced 'regime change/statecraft'. I hope he takes unhypocritical morally upright stances on matters of international importance. I hope he curbs the power of lobbyists in Washington (whose reach often tends to extend beyond the borders of the US). I hope he re-engineers capitalism in a manner that rewards and indeed requires fiscal responsibility in the financial sector and among the masses and that generates slow but steady and sustainable levels of growth not +10% followed by -10% every ten years, rinsing and repeating. I hope he is man enough to take meaningful action on the environment, which will no doubt cost money.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-01-20 10:56:57)

Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
This doesnt necessarily mean institutional racism is dead man. Personally I think racism will be alive forever, its human nature. Some people will always have hate towards different groups and try to put them down.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548

Roc18 wrote:

This doesnt necessarily mean institutional racism is dead man. Personally I think racism will be alive forever, its human nature. Some people will always have hate towards different groups and try to put them down.
institutional
ATG
Banned

Roc18 wrote:

personal racism will never die, institutional racism as a policy, did die.

Minorities can never again say the opportunities for leadership are not there. It's a landmark milestone.

America has the best political system as proven again today.

unless you think the president is just a spokesperson/pawn.

Then you, my friend, are the one that should be wearing the tinfoil hat.
mikkel
+383|6594
Institutional racism died today? I thought it had been dead for a while. It's kinda contradictory to say that institutional racism ends the day a <black/asian/arab/whatever> gets elected president.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6678|Espoo, Finland

mikkel wrote:

Institutional racism died today? I thought it had been dead for a while. It's kinda contradictory to say that institutional racism ends the day a <black/asian/arab/whatever> gets elected president.
Indeed.
ATG
Banned
I hope things get better.

The Bush years are over. We can now begin the debate on how best to restructure our world. Obama has a opportunity to make things change. The mandate he has is born of real crysis. Things have to change.

If America is owned by corporations, he has the power to finalize that power, or end it.

I pray that he does the right thing with the power we have given him.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6709
I hope and pray Obama is the real deal... He has a mountain of things to deal with and hopefully the people he picked for his cabinet have what it takes... I hope he keeps us Americans safe regardless of what other countries think of his policies... And i hope all the people that have used GB as their reason for hating their own country will rally behind Obama and join together with all the rest of the US and get us back to prosperity and one nation...
We are the greatest country on earth and we may stumble but we will never quit...  good luck, Obama

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-01-20 12:27:53)

Love is the answer
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6483|Menlo Park, CA
Obama has the opportunity to make the biggest change in US east/west/mid east relations since the end of the Cold War with Russia.  Cut the partisanship and extend an olive branch to those who want to receive it!! 

He appears willing to do what it takes, I just hope he doesnt steer too left and squander this golden opportunity to really do some good on this planet!

I have faith, I voted for him, and I hope he fullfills his promise he made to America!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2009-01-20 12:41:04)

ATG
Banned
Obama rocks!

Notice that Rush is on the list.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England

ATG wrote:

Obama rocks!

Notice that Rush is on the list.
Needs 57% more gangsta rap

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-01-20 13:30:41)

ATG
Banned
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

mikkel wrote:

I think it's better to say institutional racism against blacks is over in the federal government.
mikkel
+383|6594

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

mikkel wrote:

I think it's better to say institutional racism against blacks is over in the federal government.
Because a black person got elected? How does that represent the end of it?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6836|Reykjavík, Iceland.

ATG wrote:

September 2009?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6404|'Murka

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Institutional racism will exist so long as affirmative action remains a policy/requirement.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

mikkel wrote:

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Because a black person got elected? How does that represent the end of it?
It doesn't.

I'm just twisting words around.

Um let me put it better an average person in America could look at this and say "Because Obama was elected to president and he is black there must no longer be any racism in the federal government."

That would mean there is still racism in the federal government just not towards blacks but to other races still like Arabs and Hispanics.

But racism against blacks in the federal government isn't over (if there is any that is) considering Obama was elected and not appointed. 

Racism will always be present just not openly acknowledged.

I'm not saying there is any racism in the government. I really don't know I'm not a member of the government.

If any of that makes sense to you +1 cause I wrote it and it didn't make sense to me.

I'm going to the store now.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
Rethuglicans and Dhimmicrats.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6146|what

Since ATG is just a lazy bastard I thought I'd post the fold in solution for you all.

~5 mins in mspaint guys.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rac_goshawk/91gfa1-1.png

edit:

(lazy bastard is a term of endearment in Aus before you run to hit the report button lol)

Last edited by TheAussieReaper (2009-01-20 21:48:35)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard