mattajohnstone
+15|6780
I know you change your gobal.con file but the saving is a bit weird and doesn't seem to work

Also I know hardly any of the special characters work anyone have a list of what ones show up in game?
tomfoster
+12|6122
Hi Matt, I think that the global.con saves the file in Unicode encoding and as far as I know this means that when you reload it again, you will just end up with those rectangular boxes for any incompatible characters.
I have tried this before and got kicked by PB for something about 'extended ASCII characters'.

http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Progr … able.shtml
The printable characters here are the ones that definitely work, I think SOME of the extended ASCII ones may as when I logged some displayed correctly where it says your username at the bottom. I think this one (µ mju) may work as I remember that displaying correctly.

You can get these characters by doing this (they aren't available ingame)
< > { } \ / | , .)
I'm sure there's more- just try some and see what happens
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6279|eng
Alot of servers kick for any symbol that isn't on your keyboard, put it that way.
#rekt
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691

Mint Sauce wrote:

Alot of servers kick for any symbol that isn't on your keyboard, put it that way.
^^^^

And if you put any ^ % & etc symbols in your in game name the symbols will be replaced with spaces on the kill log which results in you being kicked by clueless admins.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6279|eng

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

^^^^

And if you put any ^ % & etc symbols in your in game name the symbols will be replaced with spaces on the kill log which results in you being kicked by clueless admins.
My match account initial^Mint~41 comes up as initial Mint 41, admins are like wut
#rekt
TunaMan
Mouse-Pilot
+29|5776|Israel
lulz hackz
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6191|Daqing Oilfields?
never had a problem and I've used $ and ^ on a lot of accounts in a lot of pubs.

I've gotten weird things past Punkbuster...Ì is one of them rofl
Laika
+75|5936
I've seen tags with superscript characters in them before. Superscript as in smaller and higher than the rest of the text, like you would write the "2" in x^2.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)

Ataronchronon wrote:

I've seen tags with superscript characters in them before. Superscript as in smaller and higher than the rest of the text, like you would write the "2" in x^2.
Or like you get if you use the forum BBCode superscript tags, mebe?
Laika
+75|5936

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

Errr yeah, that'd be it.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5681|Notts, UK

Ataronchronon wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Ataronchronon wrote:

Errr yeah, that'd be it.
that's a fairly standard characteer fyi, just another copy and paste into global.con job

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard