Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6754|FUCK UBISOFT

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Well its just the way isn't it?

I mean look at all the shovelware on the Wii. Those companies could be making real games instead.
Really, why not make shovelware?

It's a very smart thing to do, make another game while people are still obsessed with your most recent one, no matter how bad it is, people will buy it because they liked the original. The best part is, a lot of them will still love the new one, even though it's hardly any good,  so the cycle can continue.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-01-15 14:11:00)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
jord
+2,382|6690|The North, beyond the wall.

Miggle wrote:

jord wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Well thats all well and good jord. But there's this thing called "storage space" and on a dvd it is considerably smaller than on a BD, thet said they filled up the DVD for the 360 with GTA:IV, so how are they gonna add all that with no more room? Some of it maybe, not all of it
They are billion dollar companies, I'm sure they'll find a way...
Jesus Christ, some people are just fucking retarded.

This has to be the lamest excuse in history and yet I see it every day here. "They're rich so they can make this happen"

"Microsoft needs halo wars to be good, so it will be"

"Rockstar is rich so they can make DVDs as big as BDs"

"Sony's success depends on little big planet, so they can't fuck it up."

Jord, If they made GTAV for BDs, you would need 10 DVDs to play on xbox. Xbox is far more successful than PS3, not to mention Microsoft is throwing money at any developer making a game for the 360. We would prefer that it be a PS3 exclusive because they could fit more content in, but we know it's not going to happen.

Why make a better game when you'll make more money with a worse one? It's depressing, but that's the way gaming is going, it feels sort of like the Producers.
No you absolute tool I'm not retarded. You lack common sense or something? Would you prefer it in bold?

There are people far better at designing products, marketing them, finding ways around problems,etc than you will ever be. Especially when the company they work for has unlimited resources at their disposal. That is why you won't get your lame exclusive on the PS3. That is why you're fucking stupid and that is why you can GTFO back to PS3 forums. I don't give a shit about blu ray, I am confident Microsoft will do what is best and make the changing or whatever is needed as painless as possible.

Hopefully you read the bold, if not, re read.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6754|FUCK UBISOFT

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

jord wrote:

This has to be the lamest excuse in history and yet I see it every day here. "They're rich so they can make this happen"

Jord, If they made GTAV for BDs, you would need 10 DVDs to play on xbox. Xbox is far more successful than PS3, not to mention Microsoft is throwing money at any developer making a game for the 360. We would prefer that it be a PS3 exclusive because they could fit more content in, but we know it's not going to happen.

Why make a better game when you'll make more money with a worse one? It's depressing, but that's the way gaming is going, it feels sort of like the Producers.
No you absolute tool I'm not retarded. You lack common sense or something? Would you prefer it in bold?

There are people far better at designing products, marketing them, finding ways around problems,etc than you will ever be. Especially when the company they work for has unlimited resources at their disposal. That is why you won't get your lame exclusive on the PS3. That is why you're fucking stupid and that is why you can GTFO back to PS3 forums. I don't give a shit about blu ray, I am confident Microsoft will do what is best and make the changing or whatever is needed as painless as possible.

There are not people who can fit a 50gb game onto a DVD.

And I'm not serge, I don't post on PS3 forums. I want GTAV to be PS3 exclusive, not because it would be bad for the 360, but because it would allow it to be a truly better game.

Anyways, why would they spend their "unlimited resources" on bigger DVDs, when they could make just as much money making a game where hitler eats cabbage and calling it GTAV.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-01-15 14:45:14)

jord

Miggle wrote:

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

And I'm not serge, I don't post on PS3 forums. I want GTAV to be PS3 exclusive, not because it would be bad for the 360, but because it would allow it to be a truly better game.
No there are people that can think around things. People with common sense. There will be numerous board meetings on the subject since any decision could make or lose millions of dollars in game sales. People will not put a new disc in every 5 seconds and Microsoft as well as Rockstar know this.
bennisboy
+829|6659|Poundland

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

jord wrote:

Jord you penis, maybe you should re-read what we've all said. We have said there will be no PS3 exclusive, and guess what... we dont care. We get to play the damn game whether or not its exclusive! We've just been pointing out that there is no way to put all that stuff you wanted on one DVD, and that disc swapping in a free roam game wont work, so it wont happen.

Now stop being a tool and accusing us of fanboyism, where nowhere have we bashed the 360, or said the ps3 is better, we've jus said it would be impossible to add all that on a dvd!
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6754|FUCK UBISOFT

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

jord wrote:

No there are people that can think around things. People with common sense. There will be numerous board meetings on the subject since any decision could make or lose millions of dollars in game sales. People will not put a new disc in every 5 seconds and Microsoft as well as Rockstar know this.
Exactly, which means they're stuck with the 4.7gb or so that a DVD has.

All the common sense in the world couldn't make a dvd 10x as big.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-01-15 14:50:40)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6480

Miggle wrote:

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Exactly, which means they're stuck with the 4.7gb or so that a DVD has.

All the common sense in the world couldn't make a dvd 10x as big.
GTA4 for the PC was on two dual layer DVDs.
jord

bennisboy wrote:

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Jord you penis, maybe you should re-read what we've all said. We have said there will be no PS3 exclusive, and guess what... we dont care. We get to play the damn game whether or not its exclusive! We've just been pointing out that there is no way to put all that stuff you wanted on one DVD, and that disc swapping in a free roam game wont work, so it wont happen.

Now stop being a tool and accusing us of fanboyism, where nowhere have we bashed the 360, or said the ps3 is better, we've jus said it would be impossible to add all that on a dvd!
Re read what I said before you start getting in a fit. I said various times multi billion dollar companies will find a way to put this game on the 360 and make it as enjoyable as possible. You people don't seem to understand that. I can't take someone seriously who thinks Microsoft will bring out a game that you will have to change discs if you want to change island.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6754|FUCK UBISOFT

jord wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

jord wrote:

Re read what I said before you start getting in a fit. I said various times multi billion dollar companies will find a way to put this game on the 360 and make it as enjoyable as possible. You people don't seem to understand that. I can't take someone seriously who thinks Microsoft will bring out a game that you will have to change discs if you want to change island.
Nobody but you is saying that.

We're saying that won't happen, but it would if they made the game for BDs rather than DVDs. Therefore, they're going to make a game with hardly any content, like GTAIV.

You're the one being a fanboy. You're the one getting upset because some people said BDs are better than DVDs. It's a fact that a BD can hold a lot more than a DVD, and that means that you could have a lot bigger game on a BD than a DVD. That's why we want PS3 exclusivity, because it would allow them to make a much bigger game.
jord

Miggle wrote:

jord wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

We're saying that won't happen, but it would if they made the game for BDs rather than DVDs. Therefore, they're going to make a game with hardly any content, like GTAIV.

You're the one being a fanboy. You're the one getting upset because some people said BDs are better than DVDs. It's a fact that a BD can hold a lot more than a DVD, and that means that you could have a lot bigger game on a BD than a DVD. That's why we want PS3 exclusivity, because it would allow them to make a much bigger game.
No Bennis said it, fucking read.

And actually I'm not getting upset about Blu ray, I don't give a shit. You wanted to bring name calling into it so I'll bite back, prick.

Blu ray is better, fact.

Xbox 360 generates massive income for Rockstar, fact.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

Ladies, please. Keep it down.

Lets keep id at this:  The game will not be PS3 exclusive but Blu Ray is better.

Agree to disagree and move the fuck on.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6754|FUCK UBISOFT

Zimmer wrote:

Lets keep id at this:  The game will not be PS3 exclusive but Blu Ray is better.

We've been saying that the whole time.

and yes, the 360 is a massive income for rockstar, moreso than the PS3, so even though a PS3 exclusive has the ability to be a better game, it won't make as much money, and that's the only thing that matters.

I said that last page.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6512|so randum
i dont think jords implying that they'll fit it all on one disk, rather they'll find a way around the limitations
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK
Basically I can't think of any solution that would make changing disks acceptable and if we want more content for the next GTA then they will HAVE to use multiple disks. What I see happening is: you will get the basic plain game i.e. GTAIV, then will have to pay for downloadable content.

They can't have a forced install, not all XBox's have HD's.
They can't realistically have a disk change between Islands as that would be balls.
They can't realistically have a disk change between indoor areas and an outside open world as that would be balls.
They can't release it on Blu Ray as XBox's don't have it.
They can't release it as a PS3 exclusive because they would lose so much money and have already taken Microsoft's money.

I can really only see DLC as a solution, and tbh that takes the fucking piss.

Alternatively they might have to go back on the whole point behind GTAIV, making a more realistic experience by reducing poly counts, sound quality and texture resolution.

Last edited by Vilham (2009-01-15 15:30:35)

Ryan
+1,230|6855|Alberta, Canada

I hate it when a company develops a game, gets great feedback and lots of money, and think that means they should make another game really soon so they can get more money.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6754|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

Basically I can't think of any solution that would make changing disks acceptable and if we want more content for the next GTA then they will HAVE to use multiple disks. What I see happening is: you will get the basic plain game i.e. GTAIV, then will have to pay for downloadable content.

They can't have a forced install, not all XBox's have HD's.
They can't realistically have a disk change between Islands as that would be balls.
They can't realistically have a disk change between indoor areas and an outside open world as that would be balls.
They can't release it on Blu Ray as XBox's don't have it.
They can't release it as a PS3 exclusive because they would lose so much money and have already taken Microsoft's money.

I can really only see DLC as a solution, and tbh that takes the fucking piss.

Alternatively they might have to go back on the whole point behind GTAIV, making a more realistic experience by reducing poly counts, sound quality and texture resolution.
They'll never exchange graphics for gameplay.

ever.
bennisboy
+829|6659|Poundland

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

jord wrote:

No Bennis said it, fucking read.

And actually I'm not getting upset about Blu ray, I don't give a shit. You wanted to bring name calling into it so I'll bite back, prick.

Blu ray is better, fact.

Xbox 360 generates massive income for Rockstar, fact.
Lol, you muppet, I never said it would be multi disc. I merely said that to add in all the stuff you wanted it would need to be multi-disc, n that would be an absolute batty-crease and as a result not happen. So please, before you get your knickers in a twist jordy boy, try reading wat i actually said
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6356

Miggle wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

and yes, the 360 is a massive income for rockstar, moreso than the PS3, so even though a PS3 exclusive has the ability to be a better game, it won't make as much money, and that's the only thing that matters.

I said that last page.
Now that´s just bullshit. C´mon, just because the storage space on the disk is bigger the game might improve? Bollocks. They most likely use sloppy programming ("cause we gots the space anyways") or just put more or extended movies on it.

There will be most likely several DVD´s to intall the game, and one to keep in drive to play it. As for XBoxes without (enough) HDD, they most likely find a way around it.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK

Sisco10 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

I said that last page.
Now that´s just bullshit. C´mon, just because the storage space on the disk is bigger the game might improve? Bollocks. They most likely use sloppy programming ("cause we gots the space anyways") or just put more or extended movies on it.

There will be most likely several DVD´s to intall the game, and one to keep in drive to play it. As for XBoxes without (enough) HDD, they most likely find a way around it.
Firstly lol at programming taking up lots of disk space.

Secondly lol at thinking there will be any kind of install required to play.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6356

Vilham wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

I said that last page.

Firstly, sloppy programming can require more disk space simply due to more code lines needed.
Secondly, a required (partly) install might be a possible way of fewer or no disc change.
Thirdly, lol

Last edited by Sisco10 (2009-01-16 06:49:12)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Stimey
­
+786|6132|Ontario | Canada
moar sex
­
­
­
­
­
­
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK

Sisco10 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Firstly, sloppy programming can require more disk space simply due to more code lines needed.
Secondly, a required (partly) install might be a possible way of fewer or no disc change.
Thirdly, lol
Im sorry but are you claiming a TEXT file is going to fill up any kind of considerable disk space. Seriously quit your arguement before you have dug your self any deeper.

Microsoft have already stated there will be no forced installs on their console. Rockstar and Microsoft are not going to make a game that changes quite fundamentally the experience depending on the user having a harddrive; im pretty damn certain most of the xbox's sold are arcade although the individual figures have never been released that's alot of customer to piss off.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6754|FUCK UBISOFT

Sisco and anyone who thinks a required install is an option. They would much rather have a smaller game that runs on everyone's xbox, than a bigger game that only runs on some.

Unless GTAV is a PS3 exclusive, I guarantee it will fit on one DVD.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6778|UK
Exactly. Rockstar is a business, they are there to make money, if they can sell the next GTA game as well as GTAIV without adding new content they will. Stop thinking the executives at Rockstar care. Im sure the designers want to do loads of things, but it will all come down to the bosses as to whether it will happen.
jord

Vilham wrote:

Exactly. Rockstar is a business, they are there to make money, if they can sell the next GTA game as well as GTAIV without adding new content they will. Stop thinking the executives at Rockstar care. Im sure the designers want to do loads of things, but it will all come down to the bosses as to whether it will happen.
QFT

Well done.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard