Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
http://www.psu.com/Rockstar-ready-to-re … 124-p0.php

According to Loose Talk in the latest Game Informer, RockStar North is already working on the next instalment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, which should be ready for release this holiday season.

"We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time." - Game Informer Issue 190

It wouldn't be surprising for RockStar to release the next GTA this soon – as you may recall, Vice City hit the shops only a year after Grand Theft Auto III was released for PlayStation 2.

Stay tuned for more details as they break.
So, if it's true...what would you want in it? What improvements over GTA IV would you like to see?

I'd personally like to see:

- A more stable driving system...no more flying in the air because you went over a bump going 30 MPH.
- More places to go. GTA IV was based in New York City ffs. Give us more places to go.
- More mini-games, things to do. Bowling, darts, etc was good and all, but there needs to be more things to do to keep players entertained after the story's beaten.
- More safehouses. 4 was nothing considering how gigantic LC was. Give us garages as well.
- A setting back in Vice City. I'd love to see Vice City re-done, followed by San Andreas...possibly London again as well.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

GTA becomes shovelware.

Pretty sad.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

GTA becomes shovelware.

Pretty sad.
Vice City's shovelware?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada
This winter?

Yeah right.

If they do manage that, I bet it'll be total shit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DefCon-17 wrote:

This winter?

Yeah right.

Yeah, Vice City sucked!

I don't get how you both think it's so improbable for Rockstar to release a sequel in over a year's time and it actually be good. They've done it before in less time.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-01-14 17:44:31)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

I want to be able to have more freedom in a city. More houses open to me, stealing shit, taking up side jobs like killing some extra wankers and shit. Fly planes, get the parachute back and jetpack. Be able to scale 100 storey high buildings and interact more with people.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5682
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Zimmer wrote:

I want to be able to have more freedom in a city. More houses open to me, stealing shit, taking up side jobs like killing some extra wankers and shit. Fly planes, get the parachute back and jetpack. Be able to scale 100 storey high buildings and interact more with people.
which means more development time.

which means too bad for you.

Game development has changed a lot since Vice City poseidon, it takes a bit longer to make top of the line graphics now than it did back then.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6531|Boston, MA
What's the point? Wake me up when GTA5 comes out. Maybe they'll re-add everything they removed from Vice City and San Andreas.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

makes sense, i think the last game was just moving into he new engine. Now all the bells and whistles will return. You can dress the hero like barbie.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Game development has changed a lot since Vice City poseidon, it takes a bit longer to make top of the line graphics now than it did back then.
They've got the engine in place.

They've got a way, way larger staff and way more cash since they made Vice City.

They can do it. It's Rockstar ffs.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Miggle wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Keep the current graphics and develop the fucking game. The graphics at the moment in GTA4 are brilliant, I am not complaining. So tell the wankers to keep them and actually create something incredible this time. Not saying that GTA4 was not incredible, but it just wasn't the best for game exploration and "things to do once you've completed the game".
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6444|California
better PC optimization.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

PC/PS3 Exclusive.

No Offense 360, but BD>DVD
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Miggle wrote:

PC/PS3 Exclusive.

I'm guessing it will be like that, unfortunately. Unless MS pays them a ton of money again.
Stimey
­
+786|6121|Ontario | Canada
Thats cool, I thoroughly enjoyed the last two, so this one will probably be good too!
Maybe a bigger city, I mean, the detail was superb, but I ran out of places to go.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Zimmer wrote:

Miggle wrote:

PC/PS3 Exclusive.

I'm guessing it will be like that, unfortunately. Unless MS pays them a ton of money again.
If it weren't for space problems, I would be fine with a 360 version.

I just think that had a lot to do with the lack of content in 4.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

PC/PS3 Exclusive.

It'd be nice, but it's not going to happen. It'd be a completely stupid thing for Rockstar to do considering the sales and what MS payed them for the DLC.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Poseidon wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

This winter?

Yeah right.

Yeah, Vice City sucked!

I don't get how you both think it's so improbable for Rockstar to release a sequel in over a year's time and it actually be good. They've done it before in less time.
It did, actually.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DefCon-17 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

This winter?

Yeah right.

Yeah, Vice City sucked!

It did, actually.
get out

right now

there was nothing better than driving around Starfish Island while listening to Billie Jean

seriously

get out

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

PC/PS3 Exclusive.

It'd be nice, but it's not going to happen. It'd be a completely stupid thing for Rockstar to do considering the sales and what MS payed them for the DLC.
exactly.

It's on my wishlist. But tbh, it's just as possible as anybody else's wishlist.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Poseidon wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, Vice City sucked!

It did, actually.
get out

right now

there was nothing better than driving around Starfish Island while listening to Billie Jean

seriously

get out

Well I played San Andreas before Vice City, so maybe I'm biased...

But Billie Jean is an awesome song..

Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303
Awsm!
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5905|CA
Remember, GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas were all released on PS2 first, and Rockstar wasn't allowed to port it to other systems (PC, Xbox, etc.) until 6 months or year later. 

Everyone remember how they said GTA:IV development began before San Andreas released?  I'm sure they have something up their sleeve with this new game engine they are using.  I'd love to see a more optimized GTA game that really masters its own engine, and executes nicely for both consoles and PCs, without the random FPS drops, etc.  That would be awesome.

Also adding features back such as car customization (really disappointing to hear this wasn't in IV back in April '08), tattoos, the whole "body shape/sex appeal" system (too much Burger Shot makes you fat, etc.) the return of Well Stacked Pizza, () and, in general, more things to do with your cash.  The problem with IV was that you were left with a bunch of money and with nothing to spend it on.  I liked having the ability to add hydraulics and huge rims to a Bobcat, or putting graphics on a Blista.

It would also be a big plus if the in-game Internet was more useful, meaning less sites about nothing and no links and more sites (but less overall) that enabled the user to do things/purchase things.  Having an in-game ebay could be cool, such as having things shipped to your safehouse, buying special cars/unique vehicles from people, etc.  (Or attempting to steal them, who knows? )

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-01-14 22:23:43)

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6512|Gold Coast
Id like a system where you could steal items and get paid for it. You know, like side missions or something to earn more cash.
And also as previously stated, more stuff to spend money on. Custom cars, etc.

And also to be able to fly jets again. Maybe instead of getting rickrolled we could actually have an F35
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard