TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6447|Brisbane, Australia

They are so happy to make fucking CoD9000 and Halo 20 .... why not sequels of a few really awesome games?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6672|NT, like Mick Dundee

Tim, Deus Ex is evidence of what happens when you try to make sequels to awesome games. Deus Ex 2 wasn't a bad game, it was quite good, but it wasn't in the same league as the original. So everybody said it was a great steaming pile of shit. Even Homeworld 2, an awesome game, was slammed by the fans of homeworld 1.

Fact of the matter is, if you make a truly exceptional game, making a sequel to it within 8 years of the original's release, it's going to fail. Somebody please prove me wrong here... also I don't claim any of this to be fact, just opinion.

Why do you rekcon TF2/Starcraft2/Diablo3/Total Annihlation (SupCom = sequel) and such seem to take so long to be released?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

Flecco wrote:

Tim, Deus Ex is evidence of what happens when you try to make sequels to awesome games. Deus Ex 2 wasn't a bad game, it was quite good, but it wasn't in the same league as the original. So everybody said it was a great steaming pile of shit. Even Homeworld 2, an awesome game, was slammed by the fans of homeworld 1.

Fact of the matter is, if you make a truly exceptional game, making a sequel to it within 8 years of the original's release, it's going to fail. Somebody please prove me wrong here... also I don't claim any of this to be fact, just opinion.

Why do you rekcon TF2/Starcraft2/Diablo3/Total Annihlation (SupCom = sequel) and such seem to take so long to be released?
Dungeon Keeper 2

But yeah tbh you are right. Great games shouldn't have sequels pumped out straight after them.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6447|Brisbane, Australia

Flecco wrote:

Good point, and point taken.

Freelancer is old enough then!

ok, I'll stop
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Vilham wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Tank text wall.
Dungeon Keeper 2

But yeah tbh you are right. Great games shouldn't have sequels pumped out straight after them.
Stfu and get back in the corner you!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Flecco wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Tank text wall.
Dungeon Keeper 2

Dungeon Keeper 2 was (in verbal cliche) epic win.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Dungeon Keeper 2

As it had Peter Molyfrenchnamemakesmyheadasplodeconsideringhe'sbritish as a designer, that's cheating!
Typh00n
In Flames
+22|6552|42
Love this game so far, making my way through the campaign at the moment and im positively surprised!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Flecco wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

As it had Peter Molyfrenchnamemakesmyheadasplodeconsideringhe'sbritish as a designer, that's cheating!
Not always a guaranteed win, but I loved most of the Bullfrog games he was in. Everyone spooges about terrain deformation nowadays didn't know it was done in 3d in the mid 90's with Magic Carpet.

Incidentally, I thought he left Bullfrog before DK2.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-02-24 00:58:28)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

He did. Doesn't void the point though as he laid down the gameplay principles.

Magic Carpet had terrain deformation? Cool. Heard it does spaz things on new processors though.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6752|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Well just completed the game and l enjoyed it. I'm not sure about the rest of you but l never, ever got bored of the Dreadnoughts Assault cannon barrage slaughtering the unclean masses! However that did sort of become my tactic for the rest of the game. Move dreadnought forward. Slaughter everything with said barrage. Then move up rest of chaps with sweeping brush's to clean up the mess! Just out of intrest did anyone else find any more than 3 pieaces of Terminator Armour?  Roll on the expansions!!!
Flecco
iPod is broken.

I want a demo ffs.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6728|Ireland | Monaghan

The_Guardsman wrote:

Well just completed the game and l enjoyed it. I'm not sure about the rest of you but l never, ever got bored of the Dreadnoughts Assault cannon barrage slaughtering the unclean masses! However that did sort of become my tactic for the rest of the game. Move dreadnought forward. Slaughter everything with said barrage. Then move up rest of chaps with sweeping brush's to clean up the mess! Just out of intrest did anyone else find any more than 3 pieaces of Terminator Armour?  Roll on the expansions!!!
Assault Cannon FTW, I use a similar "tactic" hehe, except I have Thaddeous port in during the barrage to mop the rest of them up. Note about the terminator armor, there is 'only' 3 pieces, no more; no less.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Mugen
+19|6006
I friggin love thaddeus with termi armor and the being-shortly-invincible-after-each-teleport-trait. Makes him nearly unkillable since you can keep on teleporting due to low cooldown on tele.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Flecco wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Magic Carpet had terrain deformation? Cool. Heard it does spaz things on new processors though.
The last CPU I played it on was an 800MHz. I'll have to test it on this Athlon 64. But yeah, it had terrain deformation as a primary feature. As I recall, you could deform terrain to build, to defend and to attack. It was ages beyond itself, and was carried on (in a smaller scale with a horizontal tunneling dimension) in Red Faction.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Flecco wrote:

I want a demo ffs.
I'll break it down:

Single player > multiplayer so far. Multiplayer's great and all, but there's so few maps...
Flecco
iPod is broken.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

I want a demo ffs.
I'll break it down:

Single player > multiplayer so far. Multiplayer's great and all, but there's so few maps...
Nah, not for that. I've gathered that so far.

For quality testing purposes. I might be able to run it but I want to know with a proper test before-hand.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Coop's pretty sweet, but too bad it's two-player only.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Gonna buy Company of Heroes tomorrow probs. Still want a demo of this.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6413|NSW, Australia

Flecco wrote:

baldurs gate 1=remarkable game, baldurs gate 2=pants shittingly good
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

RavyGravy wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Diablo 1/2
Warcraft 1/2
Zelda 1/2
Flecco
iPod is broken.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

RavyGravy wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Diablo 1/2
Warcraft 1/2
Zelda 1/2
Dialbo isn't that great.

Might have been at the time but tis a bit meh now. Diablo 2 is still awesome.
Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6677|Up North
*Bump*

I was just wondering anybody plays this game, the latest patch brought alot of new things such balance changes, and new maps.

Add me on steam if anybody is up for a game.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6700|England

Dr.PhiL wrote:

*Bump*

I was just wondering anybody plays this game, the latest patch brought alot of new things such balance changes, and new maps.

amazing game i juust bought it.. no waityh i just finished it lolz jokes

i iz liek pissd lol

commanderfi s funny
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England

Dr.PhiL wrote:

*Bump*

I bought it from Play.com almost 2 weeks ago, yet it still hasn't been fucking posted.

My friends all told me to get it after the update, so I was interested again (the beta sucked IMO).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard