SkaG-tgn!
+13|5994|London - UK
Having staff to cover any major problems after release is always a key part when we release updates so releasing so close to Christmas would have been a risk we probably wouldn't want to have taken.

As for news of when it will release I'll have more information on that in the next week or so as I have to do some investigations on some things as everyone gets back from Christmas vacation.

------------------------------------------

We have one thing left to do on the update and thats to compile and build the installer for the update. So now we are very close to having something. Once we make the installer we'll do some internal testing then open it up to you all.

------------------------------------------

Highway Tampa will be compulsary from 1.50 onwards (as it was optional with 1.41). We are looking to make a full and incremental version of the update. The incremental with be a couple of hundred Mb while the full would be well over 500Mb.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … 009-a.html

Not too long before the Beta it seems. "A couple of hundred Mb" seems substantial, although at least half of that will be made of Highway Tampa and the new map.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6171|San Antonio, Texas
"from 1.50 onwards"

That sounds promising. *lazily waits for 1.5 to play Tampa instead of DLing map installer for 1.41*
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6589|England

Good find!

Soon I can get back into BF2
JoshP
Banned
+176|5712|Notts, UK

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

*lazily waits for 1.5 to play Tampa instead of DLing map installer for 1.41*
they really should have made it 1.42 (which would be 1.41 + Tampa) tbh, cos i always forget to install tampa when i reinstall (which is reasonably often) because of it being separate
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6582|Hungary
Why dont they make the patch and a map pack?
The patch would be less mb if there are no maps in it. The map pack would include: Wake, Jalalabad, Tampa and new PLA map. It could be expanded with more new maps. Why dont they add maps from BF1942?

Or its better to have the patch and the maps in one file? What will reach 1 gb slowly?
Opinions?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6589|England

venom6 wrote:

The patch would be less mb if there are no maps in it. The map pack would include: Wake, Jalalabad, Tampa and new PLA map. It could be expanded with more new maps. Why dont they add maps from BF1942?

Or its better to have the patch and the maps in one file? What will reach 1 gb slowly?
Opinions?
Then that's separate downloads, which failed (somewhat) with Tampa, although I see your point.
Surely its better to have everyone with the same maps...rather than not? (ignoring the karkand factor, ofc )

And it'll never reach 1Gb...this is EA we are talking about
JoshP
Banned
+176|5712|Notts, UK

venom6 wrote:

Opinions?
single file is better, tbh. that way theres no faffing around downloading + installing 3, 4, 5 bits for the game, when most people will get them all (at least for the first time they get the maps, people who know the game and reinstall it might not want, say, wake (don't blame them ), but I certainly keep all my downloads on my hard disk and only delete duplicates/pointless stuff when I need the space, and that way they'll probably still have the original files, and they'll just not install 1 of the maps).

If you have a bad internet connection, and downloading ~ 500 - 700 MB is huge for you, then sux2bu really... (that much takes me liek an hour to download at my line's max speed, i have fairly bad internet)

tl;dr 1 file ftw
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6808|Anaheim, CA

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard