Jack_Danger
+2|6676|America
I just wanted to see what some of your opinions are about illegal immigration here(the U.S.) and some of your ideas on what to do about it. Or if you have a problem with immigration in your country please talk about it.

Last edited by Jack_Danger (2006-01-28 00:06:13)

Jack_Danger
+2|6676|America
I live in Denver CO and for some reason there are a ton of "illegals" or there offspring here, and it is really turning a lot of stuff to crap. Like my school district and how they have to spend so much money(of which they barely have any of) on teaching all these mexicans english when they should know it because that is our national language. They also have a lot of stuff in spanish that shouldn't be, like this one time I went to McDonalds(I know some asshole is going to come over and talk about Mcdonalds, Americans, and obesity) and they had like 4 cashiers(all mexican), I go up to place my order and the person tries to take my order in spanish which was really fucking annoying.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6778|AUS, Canberra
we got a big prob with boat people here in aus. all we do about it is lock them up then send them home.

but we are lucky as we are not connected to any other countries by land, so we have more control over it.
Jack_Danger
+2|6676|America

the_heart_attack wrote:

we got a big prob with boat people here in aus. all we do about it is lock them up then send them home.

but we are lucky as we are not connected to any other countries by land, so we have more control over it.
What kind of people come to Australia? Yeah that kinda happens with people from cuba going to Florida with their boats and stuff.
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6714|Germany
Well... illegal immigration is alway a problem as long as there are ruthless employers who create a demand for a cheap workforce without having to relocate production.
DeadJim
+19|6756|Valencia, California
I have to rant - I'm a Southern Californian, and for the record -

The term : Illegal Immigration DRIVES ME INSANE.

Immigrants obtain my utmost respect. 
Illegals, on the other hand, infuriate me. 

Immigrants petition, through a set process, to enter the United States for basis of work (Work Visa) or to become American Citizens.

Illegal Aliens (Note the term...Illegal as in 'Unlawful', Alien as in 'a Foreign National') Shirk this system, callously break known laws, and once they are here - utilize resources that US Citizens (as well as Immigrants) pay for.  Jesus, this is money I would rather spend on my children, or have invested in our states infrastructure so I might be able to get home a half hour earlier each night to simply enjoy my children.

Illegal Aliens drain Billions of dollas each year - not from some magic pot of money, but from OUR pockets.

Illegal Aliens interfere with commerce and trade, impacting not only income levels, but supllimentary taxation for 'Social Services'.  Social Services? Bah.  Its theft.

Illegal Aliens dramatically and adversely affect the educational system.  Overcrowded schools....teachers whose classroom instruction is throttled to include a large number of non-english speaking children (A teacher can only ethically and morally be expected to teach as fast as their slowest student).

Immigrants.....built this country.....  Aliens, are damaging it _dramatically_.

Just my opinion..... oh, and if you are an Illegal alien? Fill out the bloody paperwork, believe it or not, I'm sure we would love to have you here... just show us you intend to play by the rules and contribute.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

I think that most of the jobs, or at least a Hell of a lot of jobs, are the kind that Americans don't want to do. Immigrants do all the shitty jobs in uncomfortable places which is why Americans forget about them until they find that they've been fired by some capitalistic fucker buisiness moving its manufacturing plants accross the border because it costs less. Then the jobless end up wanting these immigrant shit-jobs because they have to work to earn money right, but because of illigal imigration, they can't take it. this is why complaints flow about immigrants.

The problem isn't the people in the US illigally, it's the stupid fuck-off buisinesses who want to exploit the cheap labour of Mexico, and basicly kick the American worker in the balls.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6680|Colorado
Well they need to close the borders for a bit too the south , but that just creates another money problem of patroling the boarders. We come into the old problem germany had back in the day, not enuff jobs & swarming illegals, they took the wrong appoach, allthough genocide is very tempting after interacting with a few of them. When you see an illegal that has a nicer car than you & 20 kids & a huge home you get a little ticked, especially when they refuse to learn the language or even become a citizen, but happily take all your tax money for thier kids, we take much better care of them than our own people.

On the flipside though can you really blame them for wanting a better life for thier loved ones, I know I'd do the same for my famila if I was stuck in that dirt hole.

So basicly If they all became citizens & paid taxes I wouldnt have a problem with them at all.

Solution?   Well... since they never will pay taxes or give a crap to join our country because of thier Pride I say what everyone else does , try to move away where there are less of them... Maybe Canada! LOL

Another thing that ticks me off is the MEXICAN PRIDE splatered all over the back of thier trucks, yeah try & let a white person get away with that. Reverse racisim again...

Anyways it doesnt matter in the end beacuse I wont live long enuff to see the result, thank god.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6718
UK prrrrrrrrrrrrrf we let nearly everyone in only when they do something majorly wrong they get booted like become part of a terrorist group and all they do claim benefits on our social system TOTAL BULLSHIT free health care here in the UK i have no problem with people leaving there bombed to shit or terrorist filled country as it is not safe for them to live in but fill out the paper work pay your tax's and i have no problem your just like any other UK citizen but we have kinda relaxed rules here govermetn has only started to tackle it in past 12months to no good affect
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6696

the_heart_attack wrote:

lmfao at you're sig and name i salute you with americas top and proud mcdonalds customer.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Two_Handed_Sword/u3.jpg
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6703|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
continuing on what heart attack was saying, we have a very large lebanese population in australia as you would've heard in the large Cronulla riots
Nehil
+3|6739|South Sweden (NOT SWITZERLAND)
Quoted from www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net

Maddox wrote:

News flash: immigrants aren't taking anything from Americans. Companies like WalMart are giving jobs to them illegally. If WalMart paid a company to hire immigrants to do the job over Americans then there's probably a good reason for it. I'm sick and tired of lazy gluttonous Americans bitching about immigrants "taking" our jobs. It's not like they can literally come to America, ambush us in the parking lot and take our jobs.

If you lose your job to an immigrant, it's probably because he or she was willing to work harder for less money. Don't want to pay them full wages? Then don't hire them. If they do equal work, then they deserve equal pay. It's just that simple, and I'm not going to sit back like every other racist piece of shit bitching about having to work harder because there's a little competition for my job, immigrant or otherwise. I know I can do my job better than anyone, and if an immigrant thinks he can do a better job than I can, I welcome him to try.

What kind of chicken shit pussy is afraid of competition? Can't get a job because you lost out to an immigrant? Well TOUGH SHIT. Nobody wants to pay you for your half-assed work if someone else can do it better. That's what America is all about. Our president may be a moron, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let any more jackasses sully the reputation of hard working Americans who are willing to work just as hard as anyone else with or without competition. If you can't cut it, then the people with money will pay it to someone else who can. Maybe if all you people bitching weren't such lazy, pathetic, blood sucking leeches, you'd get off of your dead ass and work HARDER to do a better job. Get some balls people. If you're too chicken shit and you can't cut it, then maybe it's you who doesn't deserve to live in America. Not the immigrants.
I agree to 100%.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6779|Atlanta, GA USA
Well, I am an American with a well-paying job, and I think illegal immigration is a big problem in our country.  To say that only people who have lost jobs to illegals want something done is ignorant.  They use the social services that are supposed to be used by legal residents, but they don't pay taxes to pay for these services.  The argument that they take the jobs no one else wants is BS.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who entered this country legally that would do it.
I welcome anyone who immigrates to our country legally and attempts to learn English.  However, people who enter the country illegally are another story.
I think two things need to be done.
1. Increase border security, either through increased patrols or fences (or both).  This should make an impact on their ability to enter the country.
2. Crack down on employers who hire illegals.  If they got hefty fines for employing illegal aliens, they wouldn't be so quick to go that route.

Last year I read about something idiotic that happened in Pennsylvania.  A DA had arrested a number of illegal aliens who had stolen other peoples Social Security numbers.  If I remember correctly, the judge threw out the case, saying that they only did it so they could get jobs.  I couldn't believe it.
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6707|Illinois
Just the other day my friend's mom passed her citizenship test to actually become a legal immigrant after ~16 years, but I'm not bothered by how long it took since their entire family (4 daughters and 2 parents) have been some of the nicest (and in the case of one of the daughters, prettiest) people around and haven't tried to take advantage of any of the public services around here and learned english fluently and do very well in school.  That being said, there are many other illegal aliens around here that do not even attempt to learn english or try at school and just end up dealing drugs for a living (like a certain person's ex-boyfriend).  So in my opinion, as long as they're willing to take their citizenship tests, learn english, and not just leech off of public services, I'm fine with illegal aliens living here, BUT if they are not willing to do that, kick them back to Mexico and don't give them a chance to come back.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6779|Atlanta, GA USA

PitViper401 wrote:

Just the other day my friend's mom passed her citizenship test to actually become a legal immigrant after ~16 years, but I'm not bothered by how long it took since their entire family (4 daughters and 2 parents) have been some of the nicest (and in the case of one of the daughters, prettiest) people around and haven't tried to take advantage of any of the public services around here and learned english fluently and do very well in school.  That being said, there are many other illegal aliens around here that do not even attempt to learn english or try at school and just end up dealing drugs for a living (like a certain person's ex-boyfriend).  So in my opinion, as long as they're willing to take their citizenship tests, learn english, and not just leech off of public services, I'm fine with illegal aliens living here, BUT if they are not willing to do that, kick them back to Mexico and don't give them a chance to come back.
If she took her citizenship test, she probably came into the country legally.  I would imagine that you couldn't apply to become an American citizen if you entered the country illegally.  She's one of those who did it the right way.
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6707|Illinois
No, trust me, they didn't come in legally.
Jack_Danger
+2|6676|America
I'm sick of them because they illegally come here because their country sucks balls, then they wave around all these mexican flags and yell viva la mexico and call me a white boy. I'm just standing there when that happens and i'm thinking "wtf you come to MY country and then be rascist towards ME and then if I call you a beaner or something i'll get jumped and/or called rascist" Then they don't pay taxes or anything of the sort and they send their 10 kids to school for free and drain all the money for learning away from the people-that-pay-taxes's kids. The thing about it is that all the people that immigrate here actually become citizens, they come here LEGALLY, they learn english, and they conform to AMERICAN SOCIETY. They DON'T break the law by sneaking across the border, and they don't leech off of public services paid for by CITIZENS. What also pisses me off is that their crossing the border illegally is a CRIME, if I stole from a store I would be punished, if I assaulted someone I would be punished but if I crossed the border and even if I got caught nothhing bad would happen to me I would just get dropped off on the other side of the border.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6751
It's kind of a catch-22.  On one hand, you have aliens who come to the US to get jobs and bring their families over to the US because they live in a literal shit-hole back in their country.  They work hard to make their family live in a better place.

Then you have aliens coming here just to be here, taking money from the US system, and since they aren't documented, they don't pay taxes.

That's millions of dollars going out of USA's citizen's pockets into the pockets of people who literally don't do anything for their money, and don't give money back.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS
This makes me glad that I live on an island.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Nitaro02
+0|6670
Maybe it's just me, but I think there needs to be a bit of a happy-medium between the work of illegal immigrants/aliens (however you want to put it) and the actual American citizen.

The reason I believe this is because I think that, while it is bad, the illegal immigrants do the jobs Americans DON'T want to do for cheaper wages than an American wants.  Now, I don't like the fact that illegal immigrants are exploited and given cheap wages to do hard jobs, but it seems to me that the jobs they are offered, while they make cheaper wages, are jobs they will take so they can make a possible "better life" (please don't get pissed at me if you believe something different.)

Also, if businesses payed the illegal workforce the same as they payed the American citizens, the prices of their products and such would have to be raised to be able to pay for the work on the product or job.  Therefore, any benefits of hiring an illegal immigrant would not exist, Americans would be hired, and prices of products/jobs would rise.

Like I said, that's just my opinion, and I really don't care if you have any other ideas.
imortal
+240|6672|Austin, TX
I live here in Texas, in the US, and illegal aliens are a definate problem.  The issue I have is just as bad with the employers, who prefer to hire illegals because they don't have to pay payroll taxes on them or give them any benifits.  They also have the option of turning them in if they get too 'uppity.' 

I giggle over the fact that the president of Mexico screams and yells over any state in the United States requiring anyone getting a driver's liscense to prove thier citizenship or immigration status.  The funnt part is that Mexico does not want the U.S. to have a law that they ALREADY have in Mexico.  The Mexican army is also deployed along the border to help these "undocumented workers" on thier way across the border, and to protect them if needed.  The reason is simple:  A sizable percentage of the Mexican budget is from money shipped home by illegal aliens.

I start to scream, however, when certain politicians propose to make it legal for illegal aliens to vote in the U.S.  Note I said ILLEAGAL aliens.  If you are a LEGAL alien (here on a stuent visa or whatever) you would still not be allowed. 

Illegal aliens do not pay taxes, but we are required to waste (yes, WASTE) taxpayer money to support them.  To pay for thier hospital visits.  To pay for thier children to go to school (which they are not paying for).  Then we have to pay teachers more for schooling because all of our teachers now have to be 'bilingual,' and pay for more classes provided that are not taught in english.

Yes, they are willing to do nasty, unplesant jobs which many americans turn thier noses up at.  I am just as pissed off at "homeless people" who are too proud to do a bit of unskilled labor, but perfectly willing to beg for money from strangers.  But that is for another post. 

One last thought:  Entering the United States illegally is a felony.  It is against the law.  Anyone who does it does not respect this law, so what other american laws do you think they will respect.  Anyone hiring an illegal alien is Aiding and Abbetting a felon and a fugitive from justice.  So, the employers are just as wrong.
Flame-Catcher
+0|6689|Purgatory
Well, here I go again.

I'll give you my take from a Police Officer's Perspective. Illegals hurt just about everything, including to those that are here rightfully. My city has seen a huge explosion in immigrants from Mexico. It's really easy to tell which ones are legit. They are the ones I never see and don't ever deal with. When I ride through the projects at 2 am and see 20-30 hispanics fighting on the street corner.....It's a good bet that they aren't here legally. They don't work (legally) they are the ones that bring in our largest shipments of cocaine and meth and have formed several street gang. Unfortunatly there are bastard employers who pay to have them brought in because they work for 4 dollars an hour, under the table. So in effect, now you have legal immigrants with shitty pay. The most frequent question I face from my Community is "Sgt. #$@!*, why don't you guys do anything about these illegal aliens". To sum this up let me explain how the process works. Two years ago, we had a large group of hispanics that were warring over some turf, when we arrived, shots were fired by them at each other and they all took off running. We rounded up about 20 of them and checked their ID's.........every single one of them had a false visa and a false SS# card. We detained them and called INS and here's what they said....Unless you possess persons that are being arrested for violent felonies or have been previously been deported....we're not getting involved. Well we couldn't prove who fired the guns so not only are my community and department shit outta luck.....The fuckers knew the system and how to work it. Unfortunatly for changes to be made....you have to start at the top. I know a lot of people hate Bush, but he's the first one that has made attempts to "crack down" so to speak.

It gets even longer (always another side). A few years ago I got called over the radio to inspect a vehicle for a hispanic gentleman who happens to live in the projects. When I arrived, his family ran inside and he was really really quiet. I checked the vehicle, gave him his paperwork and went to shake his hand as I was leaving. He hesitated shaking my hand but when he did I noticed something very odd....he was litterly shaking. I left it at that but everytime I patrolled and saw him or his family out....I always stopped and said hello. The next year (4th of July) I was driving past his house when he jumped out into the middle of the road. I thought something was wrong but all he wanted was to share his BBQ with his "friend". He took me inside and showed me his wall display of his US Citizenship papers....he was extremely proud as he held his wife and 2 children smiling at me. He explained to me how the police and politics are in Mexico, and told how he was stopped in Mexico and nearly beaten to death because he didn't have enough money to bribe the police.  He had also ran into some "not so friendly police" here in the states (I may be a police officer but I also know not all of us are "good")

In short, our families meet once a month for dinner and have learned a lot from each others culture. But.......do you think the rest of my community looks at him the way I do...nope. He's been stereo-typed as  "just like the rest."

So you have to understand that this is a bigger problem than it looks....and things always have two sides.

Flame-Catcher
Nitaro02
+0|6670
I agree with your idea on homeless people, it really does piss me off when they beg for money instead of working hard at a job (no matter how bad) to earn money.  I don't know about wasting tax money on them for billingual teacher and such (maybe it's because I live much closer to Canada than Mexico, so we don't have to have our teachers be billingual). 

While I do believe that it is unfair that they don't pay taxes to support the schools (since they are illegal immigrants), you must take into account that they don't make as much money as even the poorest of Americans, and most likely would not be able to earn a living and support our schools with what they make, therefore they'd have to become a legal American citizen, starting up a series of events.

I also don't know about hospital visits, because most hospitals I can think of around here are all private HMOs that aren't supported by taxes.

I also believe you are right in that illegal immigrants should not have the right to vote, if they want that right they ought to before am American citizen.

The thing is that America has territories where the people make more money than that of an illegal alien in the United States, yet they don't have to pay taxes either.  Personally, if I were really pissed about the not paying tax thing I'd make those territories into states or somethin (I don't have too much information on this, I just thought I remembered something about it a while back).
BVC
+325|6703
Another reason to love NZ: We're even most physically isolated than Australia, the only illegal immigrants we have are overstayers (good luck getting a shitty raft over here!), mostly from places like Samoa and Tonga, and the few we do get always seem to get caught and sent home.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6833|Netherlands
Samoa natives.   =  kiwiland

Indian natives     =  americaah

Aboriginal natives=  aussieland

its u white folks that are the immigrants over-there,... P

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard