usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

This has never been discussed.  Good topic.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6729|Madrid, Spain
LOL the transport badge is the easiest!!!
joethejew001
+0|6676
For the Basic Transport its only 10 mins in a vehicle
Lobsters
+0|6672
Just Do It
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Knife to road.  Awesome.
ComradeWho
+50|6696|Southern California
Yeah.
Tips on the badges:

For all: Play on 64 person servers

For Transport:
Play as commander and sit in a jeep somewhere safe. Preferably on a map where you have an uncapturable flag. More than likely the round will last more than 10 minutes and you will get your badge. if you get killed just respawn and repeat. Stay in your command screen while sitting in the jeep and you will pass the time quickly.

For pistol and knife: Play karkand and avoid the heavy combat areas. Spawn one flag behind everyone and sort of arch your way around to the side of where everyone is fighting and pick people off with the pistol. If you do this in 64 person servers, even if you're not very good with the pistol yet, you should be able to get some kills. This goes for the knife as well. Sneak around where people don't normally go and get behind the enemy. Always walk with your knife out so you don't miss any good opportunities, and possibly try being USMC at karkand and just going down around where the USMC armor usually spawn kills and spawn kill with knife.
Wildbill100372
+1|6686

ComradeWho wrote:

and possibly try being USMC at karkand and just going down around where the USMC armor usually spawn kills and spawn kill with knife.
You're advocating TKing?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Zaius1000, how do you think I feel, I'm due to take my Expert knife badge test. i had enough trouble getting seven. Still, it's quite possible.

I find it hard to believe you hardly get any kills with your knife though. You're not looking hard enough.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Wildbill100372
+1|6686

Zaius1000 wrote:

You cant get badges by killing your own teammates.
He obviously meant play USMC and spawn kill where the MEC armor spawns on Karkand.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

A badge of revenge
I2elik
+12|6753|Perth, Western Australia
Try 18 kills with the damn knife for the Expert, it's a real bitch, but quite easy, Karkand, 32 players, run in to a spawn jumping around, sure you'll be branded a bunnyhopper, but they'll shut up when you show them your shiny new Expert Knife Badge
FriiginChomper
+41|6703
I dont know about you guys but i think its kind of hard to get expert knife on Karkand. i just got expert knife a few hours ago on a Wake server with like 18 per team. now the basic if easier on Karkand. To get knife kills just try and go around the battle and pick out a person and then come at them from the side. by the time they see you (if they see you) you can usally stab them. if you get one stab for every death it will be easy to get basic knife. and also try hunting down snipers and coming up behind them.
rocky
+0|6666
for the pistol badge just shot ppl with the sniper in the back then shot them twice with thepistol and there dead
clncmmndr
+5|6776|Laguna Beach, CA
Expert knife, baby. Without stat padding!

Boo-yah!

500 Pistol kills is tougher than 100 knife kills.

THe hardest one for me is the Explosives ordinance. Damn, I always end up with 12 or 11 kills. NOT 13. Urgh!

Last edited by clncmmndr (2006-01-28 00:15:10)

TigrisJK
+3|6727
I don't have my basic knife badge yet, but I got my basic pistol badge and veteran pistol badge in one round.

Easy, play sniper! You won't be tempted to shoot at people at close range with your primary weapon. I've killed people blasting at me with assault rifles by hitting the ground and clicking as fast as I can while zoomed.

As a sniper you tend to run around with your pistol a lot. Make use of this mentality, and you'll get your pistol badge in no time!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
It takes perseverance for sure, I was thinking the same thing at one point, but after you really apply yourself & think about how to do it you'll have it in no time.

1} Pick a big server 64 w/ 32 players allowed if possible {this will help you on team point ribbons as well}

2}Take a kit with armor so you can take a few extra bullets & still get the stab

3}Some have sugested that no armor is easier because you can run longer, but I disagree, a knife at a gun fight you want all the advantages you can get.

4}Be focused on your goal at the very start of the game.

5}Make use of your UAV's in the area to catch snipers{or any kit for that matter} hiding on buildings or on the ground.

6}Know your map & the enemys tendencys , ie... where would you be if on their side, also the meat grinder maps seem to speed up the distance traveled to the enemy.

7} Last resort you could goto an all knife server or pad your stats with a friend but your better than that aren't you?!

8} Have fun, you aren't going to get a single award frustrated.

Hope this helps
ComradeWho
+50|6696|Southern California

ComradeWho wrote:

Yeah.
and possibly try being USMC at karkand and just going down around where the USMC armor usually spawn kills and spawn kill with knife.
what i said if you look is go down where the USMC armor spawn kills and use the knife to spawn kill.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6750|Mark it zero.
expert pistol badge is really easy. you canr be sniper and shoot them once and finish them off. or if you be supprt, anti-tank, or assault you will be able to take an extra hit or 2 so you will stay alive longer with the pistol out. or you can be a medic so you can kill someone then heal yourself. i did it as medic.
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6708|Germany
I can't recall how many times I have tried to get that damn badge... Once I was almost there with 6 kills on Sharqi.... I finally got it on a small server at Kharkand.... If I want the veteran, I need to go through the whole pain again, as I broke the 50 total kill mark at the same time, not prior to it... bad timing I guess.
PekkaA
+36|6666|Finland
I got my knife badge by killing snipers on roofs in a maps like Mashtuur and Sharqi. It didn´t do very good to my K/D ratio due to claymores waiting at top of ladders. Pistol was much harder. I recommend city maps for it. On big maps it´s very hard to get close enough.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard