CC-Marley
+407|6852
It says "Members of the CEC conceded yesterday that the chance of the Supreme Court's upholding the ban on both parties was slim."

Last edited by CC-Marley (2009-01-12 22:37:07)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6574|CH/BR - in UK

Israel's finally integrating *wipes tear away, overcome with joy*
Never thought this day would come, although I guess the shelling of a densely populated city should have tipped me off.

@Hamas statements:
They're totally insane. I believe there was an interview with one of the guys from the party when he came the UK, and he said something along the lines of "I just want to kill people". Hamas is set on revenge, which is bad for the country, but the rational reaction to a long exposure to state terrorism. Fatah has the bigger picture in mind. Israel should send in special forces to take out Hamas - it'd be a win-win-win situation...

-kon
san4
The Mas
+311|6712|NYC, a place to live

Haaretz wrote:

Supreme Court revokes ban on Arab parties from national elections
By Haaretz Service
Tags: israel news, arab parties

Israel's Supreme court overruled on Wednesday a parliamentary panel which had decided to bar Israeli Arab parties from running in next month's parliamentary election.

The court issued its decision in response to an appeal filed by Arab politicians against the ban. A spokesman for the Courts Administration said judges overturned the ban in an unanimous vote Wednesday.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1057497.html
Next hysterical accusation, please.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6130|eXtreme to the maX
Its not a hysterical accusation, it was passed by the Israeli parliament.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6699|Canberra, AUS

konfusion wrote:

Israel's finally integrating *wipes tear away, overcome with joy*
Never thought this day would come, although I guess the shelling of a densely populated city should have tipped me off.

@Hamas statements:
They're totally insane. I believe there was an interview with one of the guys from the party when he came the UK, and he said something along the lines of "I just want to kill people". Hamas is set on revenge, which is bad for the country, but the rational reaction to a long exposure to state terrorism. Fatah has the bigger picture in mind. Israel should send in special forces to take out Hamas - it'd be a win-win-win situation...

-kon
Fatah is hopeless, utterly incompetent and filled with corruption. Not much better, though at least they aren't killing people [as much]
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CameronPoe
+2,925|6579

san4 wrote:

Haaretz wrote:

Supreme Court revokes ban on Arab parties from national elections
By Haaretz Service
Tags: israel news, arab parties

Israel's Supreme court overruled on Wednesday a parliamentary panel which had decided to bar Israeli Arab parties from running in next month's parliamentary election.

The court issued its decision in response to an appeal filed by Arab politicians against the ban. A spokesman for the Courts Administration said judges overturned the ban in an unanimous vote Wednesday.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1057497.html
Next hysterical accusation, please.
Oh I'm sorry - I must have dreamed the part where Israel's political parties banded together to attempt to silence 21% of the population of Israel. Insipid racist nation.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5885

.Sup wrote:

Where are the good old times when Jews didn't have their own country. There were less conflicts in the region back then weren't there?
yes
san4
The Mas
+311|6712|NYC, a place to live

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Where are the good old times when Jews didn't have their own country. There were less conflicts in the region back then weren't there?
yes
Yes, and more dead Jews. Ah, the good old times.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6834|Nårvei

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

yes
There have never been any good old days in that area, it's always been occupied in some form or another be it by Romans, Mongols, The British Empire, The Egyptians, The Crusades, The Ottoman Empire ... etc etc etc ... the list is long ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6247|Escea

san4 wrote:

rammunition wrote:

.Sup wrote:

yes
Yes, and more dead Jews. Ah, the good old times.
Not too mention the Jews were once slaves as well, and then pushed from place to place by one group or another. Tbh, until the Arabs had a go at Israel, the Jews were the least active group out there militarily speaking and it certainly wasn't peaceful. Quite ironic considering that's were three big religions all about peace and stuff came from.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6314|Éire
Fuck Israel. A lot of Israeli-sympathizers seem to view the Middle East as being filled with nothing but barbaric, savage regimes with no respect for democratic freedoms... well in that case I guess it is the right place for Israel. They are a bunch of elitist, sectarian, cynical, baby-killing fuckheads. I read about the Samson Option the other day and, quite frankly, anyone who considers Israel to be any more mentally stable than the likes of Iran or Pakistan can go fuck themselves. Israel is a country that quite comfortably will kill 300 children just to secure a few extra votes in an election (an election in which Arab parties are not allowed to participate i might add).

Fuck em.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6435|'Murka

Israel would go nuclear to preserve its existence?

Shocking.

Wait...so would every other country in the world that has nukes.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6314|Éire

FEOS wrote:

Shocking.

"We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under."

-Martin van Creveld 2003
Professor of military history at Israel’s Hebrew University

So Israel will kill everyone else on the planet as a final farewell? And we're supposed to fear Iran because they are an inhumane bunch of religious extremists? Fuck them all.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6247|Escea

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Shocking.

"We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen, before Israel goes under."

-Martin van Creveld 2003
What happened to the 'one opinion/view does not mean all' argument?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6435|'Murka

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Shocking.

-Martin van Creveld 2003
Didn't you know that professors set Israeli national security policy?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6786

.Sup wrote:

lol..you mean WWII?  ya...no conflict there.  good lord.  what the fuck.

i mean...that is your argument?  really?  serious?  no conflict in that region before that?  wow.  did the russians take your history books or something?

Last edited by usmarine (2009-01-23 21:05:52)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6524|so randum
give em lots of blankets and antarctica
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6247|Escea

FEOS wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Braddock wrote:

-Martin van Creveld 2003
Didn't you know that professors set Israeli national security policy?
I think I missed that part, somehow.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard