krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North
they are

i did use one to drop a coyote at the end of our driveway where we used to live... out in the middle of fucking nowhere

was out there after one of my dogs, popped it behind the ear when it looked away for a second

now i just use them for hunting rabbits
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
humm, ill get one for myself when im 21 i suppose.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
they're cheap amusing fun
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
yups. probably going to blow up some birds with a shotgun at some point this year too, so i may look into picking up one of those too

inb4 you cant have guns in the UK
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
you're not in the shitty ban-o-matic part though right?

what kind of birds?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
im in northern ireland atm, possibly the hardest part of the UK to get a license for firearms for. plenty of people i know have multiples.

no idea, my aunts husband is the head honcho at some shooting club, and i've done clays plenty of times with him and he says im a natural at stuff like that, so he'd give me a heads up when the chance arises.

i much prefer rifles though, nailing a sweet shot is way more satisfying.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
what are the laws and restrictions like there?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
pretty strict. if you own a certain degree of land, or are certain distances from notable population you can discharge firearms on your own property (safely ofc). You have to register each firearm owned with the police, they run massive background checks on you. you then have to keep them in a safe bolted to a supporting wall, which the police will check randomly, multiple times a year. thats as far as i understand it, most of my fun with guns has been at the expense of the armed forces, or on my uncles land. theres then stuff like licences and permits and whatnot i havnt really looked into
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

krazed wrote:

Must have a suitable reason for having a firearm, personal protection is not a suitable reason. Firearm must be realistic for reason, IE you can't take a .50 to hunt foxes. Infact I don't know what is a good reason to own a .50, I know one is on sale in Kent though.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

jord wrote:

krazed wrote:

Must have a suitable reason for having a firearm, personal protection is not a suitable reason. Firearm must be realistic for reason, IE you can't take a .50 to hunt foxes. Infact I don't know what is a good reason to own a .50, I know one is on sale in Kent though.
Hunting Elephants.

There's loads of those bastards down at the borders.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

jord wrote:

krazed wrote:

long range target shooting

who decides what's "suitable"?

Finray wrote:

jord wrote:

krazed wrote:

Hunting Elephants.

possible, but they're a bit too heavy to carry around tbh
jord

krazed wrote:

jord wrote:

krazed wrote:

long range target shooting

who decides what's "suitable"?

Finray wrote:

jord wrote:

Hunting Elephants.

possible, but they're a bit too heavy to carry around tbh
I don't know who decides what's suitable, probably whatever organization is in charge of firearms. I imagine they go off what's reasonable, IE if someone wants to shoot Deer, a .338, if someone wants to shoot rabbits, a .22.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
well that doesn't sound very reasonable
jord
Well like any country the majority of our population is made up of fucking idiots, so we have strict gun control as I'm sure you're aware.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
yeah... sorry about that

we're heading down the track to a similar end due to cities being packed with fucking idiots, and fear mongering politicians
jord

krazed wrote:

yeah... sorry about that

we're heading down the track to a similar end due to cities being packed with fucking idiots, and fear mongering politicians
Move to Arizona, or whichever those 3 states are that let you own full auto's and UGL's and shit.

Maybe not UGL's...
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
i get sick in the heat lol

but its sad that shit is getting so restricted i actually want to leave my home area because of it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard