jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

ATG wrote:

ha.
famous last words.

I prefer bow hunting, if I'm gonna hunt deer.
It's been many years...
If I came over I'd be happy to do whatever you felt like. I did archery once...

Sucked at it...
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6576|London
You should hunt it with a spear. It's much more manly.

m3thod wrote:

DBBrinson1 is a hunter.  PM him
M3thod strikes again
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Hunting with a bow seems like it would be more fun than with a rifle.

And hunting with a Javelin seems more fun that with a bow.

And Shillelagh than Javelin
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6464|Tyne & Wear, England
I would love to go hunting sometime in my life.   I'd love to eat an animal that I had killed myself, theres something beautifully primeval about it.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6302
You aren't going to want to carry a deer very far. Believe me.

ATV's more or less is what you would be driving around.

But for instance here in GA with some clubs when you quail hunt they take you around by a jeep with a trailer and you can shoot skeets before you go out in the range.

But if your looking to hunt Hog the best places are going to be grassy heavily wooded areas/heavily grassed dry swamps.

Deer, Well you can go out in my back yard and easily kill a 6-8 pointer or simply a doe.

I will find some places you can look in to.
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Hunting is overrated, deer are filthy critters.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

Bull3t wrote:

You aren't going to want to carry a deer very far. Believe me.

ATV's more or less is what you would be driving around.

But for instance here in GA with some clubs when you quail hunt they take you around by a jeep with a trailer and you can shoot skeets before you go out in the range.

But if your looking to hunt Hog the best places are going to be grassy heavily wooded areas/heavily grassed dry swamps.

Deer, Well you can go out in my back yard and easily kill a 6-8 pointer or simply a doe.

I will find some places you can look in to.
Nobody wants to shoot the puny little deer you guys have down there.  MN deer are pretty awesome.  I hunt deer with rifle and Bow.  I also enjoy my Ducks and Pheseants as well.  Anyone that says deer aren't worth it must be from some wussy state like CA.  Actually, I can see how some don't think it is worth it, but they have never had a venison steak like I make them.

Wherever you go, have fun.

Reciprocity wrote:

Hunting is overrated, deer are filthy critters.
Wat

Last edited by LividBovine (2009-01-10 21:23:10)

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
maybe minnesota deer are pristine and mejestic.  in oregon they're vermine ridden disease bags.

You haven't lived until you've separated a deer's asshole and alimentary membrane from its body.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2009-01-10 21:38:16)

LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

Reciprocity wrote:

You haven't lived until you've separated a deer's asshole and alimentary membrane from its body.
Tru-dat.

I like field dressing just because it warms my hands up.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6302
Deer meat patty = sex in my mouth
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

Bull3t wrote:

Deer meat patty = sex in my mouth
NO...that is just wrong.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5765|Belgium

ghettoperson wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

The hunting laws vary from state to state, such as the legal limit and such.

For instance in Maine, deer hunting season starts Nov 1st and ends the last Saturday in November. You can tag one buck, or if you get the bonus license (which is a drawing, and you almost always win (or at least I always did)) you can get one doe + one buck.

That is for normal firearm season. There is also bow season and black powder season. I know that bow season starts before firearm season and lasts quite a bit longer, and also you can get more deer. Then black powder season is after firearm season but again I'm not sure really when it is.

Difference states have different populations of deer and thus have different bag limits. Some states its like 2 doe and 5 bucks, or something.

I dunno if that's what you're looking for, but yeah...

Oh, and wow...an Englishmen that doesn't think hunting is brutal and cruel, eh? How interesting.
There are plenty of Englishmen that enjoy cruel and brutal activities, thanks. We're not all pussies.
Being against hunting has nothing to do with being a pussy, rofl.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

Jebus wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

For instance in Maine, deer hunting season starts Nov 1st and ends the last Saturday in November. You can tag one buck, or if you get the bonus license (which is a drawing, and you almost always win (or at least I always did)) you can get one doe + one buck.

That is for normal firearm season. There is also bow season and black powder season. I know that bow season starts before firearm season and lasts quite a bit longer, and also you can get more deer. Then black powder season is after firearm season but again I'm not sure really when it is.

Difference states have different populations of deer and thus have different bag limits. Some states its like 2 doe and 5 bucks, or something.

Oh, and wow...an Englishmen that doesn't think hunting is brutal and cruel, eh? How interesting.
There are plenty of Englishmen that enjoy cruel and brutal activities, thanks. We're not all pussies.
Yes it does.  IMHO.  You may choose not to do it, but being opposed to it is just stupid.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

LividBovine wrote:

Jebus wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Yes it does.  IMHO.  You may choose not to do it, but being opposed to it is just stupid.
It's more complicated than that and when it comes to hunting there are many stances.

Agree with any hunting
Agree with humane hunting with firearms
Agree with hunting with any weapon
Agree with every kind of hunting, including asphyxiation snares
Agree with hunting for food
Agree with hunting for fur
Agree with hunting for sport

And millions more, plus combo's.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN
Of course it is more complicated than that, but to generalize a bit:

Hunting good.
Hunting Bad.

Edit:  I am keeping it simple because we are in EE.

Last edited by LividBovine (2009-01-11 02:51:08)

Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6329|Londawn
Been once, with my Uncle hunting Feasents. Great expirence had a lot of fun. But the first bird i shot i had to carry back the cabin or whatever it was, and it still warm.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6380|MN

Idlewild wrote:

Been once, with my Uncle hunting Pheasant's. Great experience had a lot of fun. But the first bird i shot i had to carry back the cabin or whatever it was, and it still warm.
Spell checked it for you.

Best part of the kill.  Stealing their slowly fading body heat.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6650
come to Norway..hunt elk, birds and whales..

do it with style, do it in Norway.

There are some pretty good hunting opportunities in the South of France up in the villages around the Cote d'azur. Overpopulation is a problem with wild boars and they are freaking delicious after a good roast. You'd also get to experience the laid back French culture sipping an espresso or a pastis and listening to the beautiful sound of shotguns blazing in the forest with the occasional Frenchman screaming "oo la la, c'est ma mere...non ca c'est une sangliere"
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
No, you're British and you'll fucking do it the British way. That is, doing nothing except sitting on your horse whilst a bunch of dogs go and kill a fox. And then you walk home, presumably just leaving the fox there dead, thus completely wasting your and the dogs, and the fox's time.

and the horses*

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-01-11 04:33:21)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Jebus wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Heh, my comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Are you a vegitarian then? Because as long as people eat what they kill, I don't see why you could have an issue with it. I don't agree with hunting and then just leaving the animal there, that's a waste.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

New Zealand's great for hunting. If you know people it's even better. My Dad's cousin for example runs a huge bloody patch of land over in the Wairarapa. There's goats, rabbits, deer and pigs there, basically whenever I feel like it I can ring up cousin Dave and ask if I can come over for a shot. He lends me a quad bike and basically I just ride to places that look good for hunting, leave the bike and walk around to see what I can find. Goats are everywhere, deer and pigs you actually have to really hunt for.

Either that or you can just get permission from DoC, (Department of Conservation.) They're generally keen to help hunters 'cause deer, pigs and goats are more-or-less pests. There are also jobs you can get hunting rabbits or possums. The best place to hunt Rabbits is down in the Waitaki Valley - they are fuckin' everywhere man. You shoot one and twenty more get up and run away. I once shot one and also shot and killed the one sitting behind it - I didn't even see it there!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
i 'hunt' rabbits and crows.

by which i mean i stand on top of a hill on my uncles farm with a rifle, and a shotgun if something gets close.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6403|dm_maidenhead

LividBovine wrote:

Idlewild wrote:

Been once, with my Uncle hunting Pheasant's. Great experience had a lot of fun. But the first bird i shot i had to carry back the cabin or whatever it was, and it still warm.
Spell checked it for you.

Best part of the kill.  Stealing their slowly fading body heat.
Great spell checking. Left in the unnecessary capital letter. Left the uncapitalised 'i's. Added in an incorrect apostrophe. Not to mention the grammar in the last sentence.

At least if you are going to be a grammar nazi, do it properly.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

come to Norway..hunt elk, birds and whales..

do it with style, do it in Norway.

There are some pretty good hunting opportunities in the South of France up in the villages around the Cote d'azur. Overpopulation is a problem with wild boars and they are freaking delicious after a good roast. You'd also get to experience the laid back French culture sipping an espresso or a pastis and listening to the beautiful sound of shotguns blazing in the forest with the occasional Frenchman screaming "oo la la, c'est ma mere...non ca c'est une sangliere"
I thought in Norway people hunt seals.

Baby ones.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I went out hun'n Wabbits last night. Was a full moon, and me and my mate did about a 4mile walk then drove round in his car with blacked out windows.  Didnt see one fucking rabbit all fucking night (well 3 hours) but had a spliff and that made it worthwhile.  He has a night sight on his .22 air rifle and was difficult to see through it properly.  I didnt even shoot any street lights, windows or cars.  Lucky rabbit.  He feeds the kills to Otis, his pet owl.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard