konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6574|CH/BR - in UK

ghettoperson wrote:

I like being drunk, and I will continue to be drunk. However, were I as a sober person to go to a dodgy area, I would much, much rather meet stoners (on weed) than drunks. If you say otherwise you're a moron.
I would much rather meet heroin addicts, so they can stay in their corners and not move, but that's besides the point, is it not?

-kon
ghettoperson
+1,943|6673

konfusion wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I think if most of the Dutch shared your opinion, they would move. Housing is bigger, nicer and cheaper just outside it. I live in Amsterdam, I like Amsterdam. Sure I don't plan on living here after college, but that has nothing to do with the city. Have you ever actually been to Amsterdam? It isn't anything like as overrun with drugs as you appear to think.
Oh sure, you have to move out of your city because of some stupid stoned tourists? I /have/ been to Amsterdam. My friend was mugged (at gun point) for... his fucking umbrella. They were both stoned, whatever... I said you could feel free to disagree. The people I know, and many I have heard of seem to see it that way.

-kon
If you don't like the environment (ie stoned tourists) you would move. It's pretty obvious to me. If I lived in Compton, and I didn't like people selling crack on my street, I would move. I wouldn't expect them to stop selling crack, because it's not going to happen. Amsterdam is a very safe city compared to a lot of big cities. Gun crime is tiny. I'd imagine that the person doing the mugging was on something other than weed, that isn't exactly the kind of thing you'd expect a weed smoker to do. Now a crack addict, I could see that.
Who are these people you're speaking to who supposedly see it another way? Are they Dutch, or are they people like yourself who visit and decide they don't like it because they don't like drugs or alcohol? I have never met a Dutch person who dislikes Amsterdam.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6673

konfusion wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I like being drunk, and I will continue to be drunk. However, were I as a sober person to go to a dodgy area, I would much, much rather meet stoners (on weed) than drunks. If you say otherwise you're a moron.
I would much rather meet heroin addicts, so they can stay in their corners and not move, but that's besides the point, is it not?

-kon
Overdosed heroin addicts perhaps, otherwise freaky dudes with AIDS and needles vs potheads; I'll take potheads thanks. I think you may be trying too hard to prove your point if you're saying you'd rather live somewhere full of junkies than potheads.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6130|eXtreme to the maX
For those who think its harmless
Repeated studies of populations of young people have shown that early and heavy use of cannabis - especially smoking three or more times per week before the age of 15 - is associated with up to six times the risk of schizophrenia.

Some young people who use drugs have pre-existing mental illnesses and the suggestion is that cannabis is self medication. But, say the experts, even allowing for that, heavy and early cannabis use can still cause schizophrenia not to mention fogging up the thinking ability of young people with the long lasting after effects of cannabis use.
http://www.abc.net.au/health/minutes/st … 885496.htm

And if you've got time on your hands
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/special_ … ault_3.htm

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-15 19:18:22)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6574|CH/BR - in UK

ghettoperson: I would not move into a dodgy area into the first place. In fact, I'd much prefer sober people - the English kind, who aren't in your face, to anyone on drugs. It's why I like London - and now the only downside - the drunk people - is becoming easier to avoid. In fact, call me a snob (I'm not denying I'm acting snobbish), but I'd prefer staying in the car when going through areas where drunks/potheads/junkies are out on the streets.
I know a variety of people from Amsterdam - and you're right, most of them did move. But I don't know why they'd have to leave their home town. I don't mind chronic masturbators either, as long as they don't do it in public.

-kon
ghettoperson
+1,943|6673

Dilbert_X wrote:

For those who think its harmless
Repeated studies of populations of young people have shown that early and heavy use of cannabis - especially smoking three or more times per week before the age of 15 - is associated with up to six times the risk of schizophrenia.

Some young people who use drugs have pre-existing mental illnesses and the suggestion is that cannabis is self medication. But, say the experts, even allowing for that, heavy and early cannabis use can still cause schizophrenia not to mention fogging up the thinking ability of young people with the long lasting after effects of cannabis use.
http://www.abc.net.au/health/minutes/st … 885496.htm

And if you've got time on your hands
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/special_ … ault_3.htm
Not that I think it's harmless but:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/06 … sis_study/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6673

konfusion wrote:

ghettoperson: I would not move into a dodgy area into the first place. In fact, I'd much prefer sober people - the English kind, who aren't in your face, to anyone on drugs. It's why I like London - and now the only downside - the drunk people - is becoming easier to avoid. In fact, call me a snob (I'm not denying I'm acting snobbish), but I'd prefer staying in the car when going through areas where drunks/potheads/junkies are out on the streets.
I know a variety of people from Amsterdam - and you're right, most of them did move. But I don't know why they'd have to leave their home town. I don't mind chronic masturbators either, as long as they don't do it in public.

-kon
You like the English?! Seriously though man, maybe you have found the best part of the whole of England, but I feel so much safer in Holland than the UK. Holland has no chavs whatsoever. It's great, I can walk down the street and not feel like the dude walking in the opposite direction is going to hit me in the face with a hammer. Maybe Holland has a problem with drugs, but the UK has a problem with dickheads. I'll take drugs over them tbh.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6605|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Amsterdam is a very safe city compared to a lot of big cities. Gun crime is tiny. I'd imagine that the person doing the mugging was on something other than weed, that isn't exactly the kind of thing you'd expect a weed smoker to do.
A few of my friends got robbed at gunpoint in Amsterdam.

Although he wasn't a stoner. He didn't rob their weed. So your point remains.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6790|Cambridge (UK)

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I have watched what happened to people that smoked in HS and College.
Me too.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I think this is what the forum Pot heads don't realise, most people know pot heads and know the effects of pot.
Can't speak about America, but in the UK the average person is woefully ignorant of the various effects of most drugs. Legal or not.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How many Pot heads on here have only done Pot?
Not me.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

But yet it is not a gateway drug?
No, it's not. I did not do the other drugs I've done because I've smoked pot. I did them because I wanted to. Since about the age of 20, I've had the opportunity to experience all of the following drugs:

Coffee.
Alcohol.
Tobacco.
Marijuana.
Ketamine.
LSD.
Magic Mushrooms.
MDMA.
Speed.
Heroin.
Cocaine.

And probably others I can't recall.

Of those, I have only used the first 7 (Coffee, Alcohol, Tobacco, Marijuana, Ketamine, LSD, Magic Mushrooms).

MDMA I have and would consider taking, but the last 3 (Speed, Heroin and Cocaine) I have absolutely zero interest in even trying, ever.

Of the drugs I've used, I only use 2 of them at all regularly (Tobacco and Marijuana) and, of the drugs I've not had the opportunity to try, the only one I would consider trying is DMT.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How many Pot heads on here don't sell?
I have already stated, in the past, that I have, in the past, sold weed, to friends.

I, like Parker, have moved on, to starting my own business.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How many are unwilling to sell to minors?
Me.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Yeah, I have been around pot heads.
Me too.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

My best friend growing up is a pot head, my brother in law was a pot head.
Most of the people I know are, in your terms, 'pot heads'.

They range from complete losers to highly successful people.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say, for as many 'types' of people I know, I know at least one person of that 'type' that regularly smokes weed.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Your pot head mind tricks to not work on me.
They're not 'mind tricks'. We simply speak the truth as we see it. We are not trying to trick you into becoming a 'pot head' - if you don't want to smoke weed, fine, we're not going to force you - all we ask is that we are given the freedom to alter our own mindset (as long as we do no harm to others, of course).

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Spend some time in the " inner city ". Tell the kids with pot head fathers that it is such a positive and harmless plant.
It is not the pot that makes those fathers bad fathers. Again, some of the best fathers I know are 'pot heads'.

Lowing, I'm sorry that your experience of pot has been so bad - the young and those with a known mental illness should, in most cases, avoid it, but it really isn't that harmful for most people.

I'm afraid you have a distorted view of pot, probably for good reason, but please, don't make the mistake of thinking your beliefs about pot (or anything, really) are 'the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth' - being a finite being of finite experience you can not know the effects that pot has on every user, everywhere.

I don't think anyone here is claiming that pot is totally, 100% harmless, and if they are, they're idiots. It isn't. But it is far, far less harmful than is implied by the anti-marijuana-propaganda 'pot head' stereotype that you seem so keen to promote.

And as others have said, there are far far more harmful legally available drugs.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2009-01-16 00:18:38)

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6326

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Lowing, I'm sorry that your experience of pot has been so bad - the young and those with a known mental illness should, in most cases, avoid it, but it really isn't that harmful for most people.

I'm afraid you have a distorted view of pot, probably for good reason, but please, don't make the mistake of thinking your beliefs about pot (or anything, really) are 'the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth' - being a finite being of finite experience you can not know the effects that pot has on every user, everywhere.

I don't think anyone here is claiming that pot is totally, 100% harmless, and if they are, they're idiots. It isn't. But it is far, far less harmful than is implied by the anti-marijuana-propaganda 'pot head' stereotype that you seem so keen to promote.

And as others have said, there are far far more harmful legally available drugs.
Very well said.  Its nice to see someone with a well rounded view on things sharing in on this topic.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6429|North Carolina
I suppose Lotta and Konfusion should move to North Korea.  That way, the government can make all their decisions for them.  They don't have any druggies over there... 
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6207|Ireland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Me too.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I think this is what the forum Pot heads don't realise, most people know pot heads and know the effects of pot.
Can't speak about America, but in the UK the average person is woefully ignorant of the various effects of most drugs. Legal or not.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Not me.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

No, it's not. I did not do the other drugs I've done because I've smoked pot. I did them because I wanted to. Since about the age of 20, I've had the opportunity to experience all of the following drugs:

Coffee.
Alcohol.
Tobacco.
Marijuana.
Ketamine.
LSD.
Magic Mushrooms.
MDMA.
Speed.
Heroin.
Cocaine.

Of those, I have only used the first 7 (Coffee, Alcohol, Tobacco, Marijuana, Ketamine, LSD, Magic Mushrooms).

MDMA I have and would consider taking, but the last 3 (Speed, Heroin and Cocaine) I have absolutely zero interest in even trying, ever.

Of the drugs I've used, I only use 2 of them at all regularly (Tobacco and Marijuana) and, of the drugs I've not had the opportunity to try, the only one I would consider trying is DMT.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I have already stated, in the past, that I have, in the past, sold weed, to friends.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Me.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Me too.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

In fact, I'd go as far as to say, for as many 'types' of people I know, I know at least one person of that 'type' that regularly smokes weed.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

They're not 'mind tricks'. We simply speak the truth as we see it. We are not trying to trick you into becoming a 'pot head' - if you don't want to smoke weed, fine, we're not going to force you - all we ask is that we are given the freedom to alter our own mindset (as long as we do no harm to others, of course).

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Spend some time in the " inner city ". Tell the kids with pot head fathers that it is such a positive and harmless plant.
It is not the pot that makes those fathers bad fathers. Again, some of the best fathers I know are 'pot heads'.

I m not Lowing.

Your brain is fried.

Last edited by Lotta_Drool (2009-01-16 15:43:47)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6207|Ireland

Turquoise wrote:

I suppose Lotta and Konfusion should move to North Korea.  That way, the government can make all their decisions for them.  They don't have any druggies over there... 
You got me there
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6574|CH/BR - in UK

Turquoise wrote:

Hehehe - I'm fine with the way the UK is going in terms of government. The new mayor's great... cleaning up the streets and such.

-kon
Turquoise
O Canada

konfusion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Hehehe - I'm fine with the way the UK is going in terms of government. The new mayor's great... cleaning up the streets and such.

-kon
Well, I'll put it this way...

Europe's politically correct interpretation of the freedom of speech is rather disturbing to me.  The things that disturb me most about the U.K. actually involve having so many cameras all over London and the fact that it looks like you may soon have the same kind of internet filtering that Australia is headed towards.

America has its own big government problems, but in much of Europe, it's starting to look more like Big Brother.
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6326
I know we all have a lot of mixed opinions about this topic and that is expected.

Its to everyones benefit to know the truth and the facts if a we are to gain whats best for everyone.

For those who havent spent time researching the subject I came across this video.  Its the best video I've seen so far and I've seen more than  most.

Its rather long but once you start watching its hard to stop.

http://blip.tv/file/1356143/
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6574|CH/BR - in UK

Turquoise wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

-kon

Europe's politically correct interpretation of the freedom of speech is rather disturbing to me.  The things that disturb me most about the U.K. actually involve having so many cameras all over London and the fact that it looks like you may soon have the same kind of internet filtering that Australia is headed towards.

America has its own big government problems, but in much of Europe, it's starting to look more like Big Brother.
You know what the worst thing about the cameras in London is? Even in cases of rape and murder, it's impossible to actually get the tape footage, because of the amount of people who think their privacy would be infringed. I'd gladly put down some of my privacy if I could help a murderer get caught! I think there shouldn't be a second thought behind it.

The internet filtering is done by the ISPs, and it's the reason I'm staying away from Virgin. I don't have a problem with illegal sites being filtered, really - I'll just have to start actually buying many things, but I can live with it - I know it's not legal. And that, by the way, is the only filter that you can't opt out of in Australia.

-kon
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6231
I can say from experience that long term marijuana use really fucks with your mind, mainly your memory.

But then so does alcohol so i agree, legalise and tax it. Wish they would do that in the UK, but considering our government has just banned loud music in clubs, i dont see it happening any time soon!
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6574|CH/BR - in UK

twoblacklines wrote:

I can say from experience that long term marijuana use really fucks with your mind, mainly your memory.

But then so does alcohol so i agree, legalise and tax it. Wish they would do that in the UK, but considering our government has just banned loud music in clubs, i dont see it happening any time soon!
What? Loud music is banned? Did not pick up on that one >.>

-kon
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6231
Yup as of the 23rd of this month!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6790|Cambridge (UK)

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Me too.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Not me.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Coffee.
Alcohol.
Tobacco.
Marijuana.
Ketamine.
LSD.
Magic Mushrooms.
MDMA.
Speed.
Heroin.
Cocaine.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Me.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Me too.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I m not Lowing.

Your brain is fried.
Lowing/Lotta_drool - is there really any difference?

But seriously, yes I know you're not lowing - I just happened to be addressing you in the bulk of the post and lowing in the later part.

Hence:

Scorpion wrote:

...Lowing...
Is it really so difficult to understand that where a response follows a quote it's in response to the person quoted, but where it follows some other users name, it's in response to said other user?
Turquoise
O Canada

konfusion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

konfusion wrote:

-kon

You know what the worst thing about the cameras in London is? Even in cases of rape and murder, it's impossible to actually get the tape footage, because of the amount of people who think their privacy would be infringed. I'd gladly put down some of my privacy if I could help a murderer get caught! I think there shouldn't be a second thought behind it.

The internet filtering is done by the ISPs, and it's the reason I'm staying away from Virgin. I don't have a problem with illegal sites being filtered, really - I'll just have to start actually buying many things, but I can live with it - I know it's not legal. And that, by the way, is the only filter that you can't opt out of in Australia.

-kon
Let's just say I'm a lot more individualistic than you.

This is pretty common though.  In general, Americans are very individualistic while Europeans are more collectivist.

I just don't trust the government enough to give it so much reach, so to speak.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6574|CH/BR - in UK

Turquoise wrote:

This is pretty common though.  In general, Americans are very individualistic while Europeans are more collectivist.

Being a control freak in my personal life (or relatively to the European standard anyway), I find it easier to understand and/or sympathise with other control freaks (aka the government).

At least that's how I justify it. I would like the footage to be released for rape and murder cases though... The cameras are probably one of the main reasons that the London Underground is one of the safer ones in comparison to other large subway services (ie you don't necessarily have to worry about being mugged... unless you go at midnight... wearing a lot of jewelry... looking like a douchebag who's spending his dad's money)

-kon
Turquoise
O Canada

konfusion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Being a control freak in my personal life (or relatively to the European standard anyway), I find it easier to understand and/or sympathise with other control freaks (aka the government).

At least that's how I justify it. I would like the footage to be released for rape and murder cases though... The cameras are probably one of the main reasons that the London Underground is one of the safer ones in comparison to other large subway services (ie you don't necessarily have to worry about being mugged... unless you go at midnight... wearing a lot of jewelry... looking like a douchebag who's spending his dad's money)

-kon
I suppose cameras are a more understandable government measure than most, but I can't say I'm a fan of banning recreational substances.
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6326

Turquoise wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

-kon
I suppose cameras are a more understandable government measure than most, but I can't say I'm a fan of banning recreational substances.
Ok its settled then.

Lets install more security cameras around the US and legalize marijuana. 

Whats next on the agenda?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard