Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6121|eXtreme to the maX
When you smoke your in a happy relaxed state. Very rarely does anyone who uses pot ever do anything violent when high. Much less crimes are committed when high then drunk. But I hate the if A is A argument then B is B argument.
But when people aren't smoking they are more aggressive, I've noticed it, Police officers I know reckon the most violent people are the drunk tokers who are off their weed.
And dope can send tip a small number over the edge into psychosis/schizophrenia.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6781|Cambridge (UK)

SgtHeihn wrote:

Actually a lot more crimes are committed on weed or a combo of weed/booze/other drug.
Can you make that sentence make sense, so that I can tell whether to tell you it's total and utter rubbish, or not?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6409|The Gem Saloon
i smoke.

it should not be legal.

no, i have never gone crazy and stabbed anyone (PLENTY of chances), nor is my life in any sort of derelict state.
i maintain pretty well, if i do say so myself.

but im not the norm by a long shot...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5601

SgtHeihn wrote:

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yes we are.
If they're going to smoke themselves nuts and start stabbing random strangers and pushing people in front of tube trains then yes we are.
If we have to pay taxes for their dole and medication then yes we are.

On the other hand, if I didn't have to listen to another stoner try and argue 'Er I think it should be like legalised cuz er its great and all my like friends do it. Its just a plant dude, chill out.' I'd be a happy man.
If I didn't have to hear the "they're going to go crazy and kill everyone" argument I'd be a happy man.

When you smoke your in a happy relaxed state. Very rarely does anyone who uses pot ever do anything violent when high. Much less crimes are committed when high then drunk. But I hate the if A is A argument then B is B argument.

Pointless debate anyway It won't happen.
Oh so you have been with every person that smokes weed? Actually a lot more crimes are committed on weed or a combo of weed/booze/other drug.

If it is pointless don't try to get the last word in then close it off.
Fine I haven't been with every person that has ever smoked weed. Of course you have so your opinion on every weed smoker negates the proven effects that have been endorsed as happening by major medical groups.

But right ok some people commit crimes when high. Some a very small amount compared to other crimes for other drugs. If we're going to ban weed based on that some people get stupid on it we could go further on to ban other things because some people commit crimes because of those things too. 

Last wordism is fun. Though I haven't figured out a good Parthian Shot for this debate yet.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6198|Ireland

Parker wrote:

i smoke.

it should not be legal.

no, i have never gone crazy and stabbed anyone (PLENTY of chances), nor is my life in any sort of derelict state.

I have smoked, and I agree 100%.

I have watched what happened to people that smoked in HS and College.  I think this is what the forum Pot heads don't realise, most people know pot heads and know the effects of pot.  How many Pot heads on here have only done Pot?  But yet it is not a gateway drug?  How many Pot heads on here don't sell?  How many are unwilling to sell to minors?

Yeah, I have been around pot heads.  My best friend growing up is a pot head, my brother in law was a pot head.  Your pot head mind tricks to not work on me.  Spend some time in the " inner city ".  Tell the kids with pot head fathers that it is such a positive and harmless plant.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6600|Seattle
Fuck pot, decriminalize crack cocaine or nothing at all.

Arm the homeless, jail students, kthx.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6705|Tampa Bay Florida

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Parker wrote:

i smoke.

it should not be legal.

I have watched what happened to people that smoked in HS and College.  I think this is what the forum Pot heads don't realise, most people know pot heads and know the effects of pot.  How many Pot heads on here have only done Pot?  But yet it is not a gateway drug?  How many Pot heads on here don't sell?  How many are unwilling to sell to minors?

Yeah, I have been around pot heads.  My best friend growing up is a pot head, my brother in law was a pot head.  Your pot head mind tricks to not work on me.  Spend some time in the " inner city ".  Tell the kids with pot head fathers that it is such a positive and harmless plant.
Same could be said for alcohol.  Not disagreeing but just an observation.  Should alcohol be illegal as well?
Marinejuana
local
+415|6600|Seattle
I think it's high time we instated compulsory heroin injections and The Matrix. Who's with me?
Parker
isteal

Lotta_Drool wrote:

great.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I have watched what happened to people that smoked in HS and College.
i have as well.
one of them is an author and owns a book publishing company.
another is an accomplished musician and owns a salon.
and yet another works for nvidia.
losers.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I think this is what the forum Pot heads don't realise, most people know pot heads and know the effects of pot.
i dunno.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How many Pot heads on here have only done Pot?
not me.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

But yet it is not a gateway drug?
i have never said that.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How many Pot heads on here don't sell?
nope. i graduated to business ownership. x2.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

How many are unwilling to sell to minors?
null.
in fact, i have made it a point on these forums to tell younger members to NOT smoke marijuana.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Yeah, I have been around pot heads.  My best friend growing up is a pot head, my brother in law was a pot head.
and i have a feeling that they were probably from the bottoms rungs of the gene pool.
adaptation is key to success...even if they do smoke pot. if it becomes a liability and they do not adapt, well that just speaks volumes about that persons character. smoking or not.

aim low.
less distance to fall when you fail.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Your pot head mind tricks to not work on me.
nor do your scotch induced diatribes have any effect on the people here...

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Spend some time in the " inner city ".
thats where i went to school...good times.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Tell the kids with pot head fathers that it is such a positive and harmless plant.
i dont think i have ever said that either.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5601

Once again like every debate on drug law reform on the internet the argument comes into  "My life experience trumps yours."
Parker
isteal

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

Once again like every debate on drug law reform on the internet the argument comes into  "My life experience trumps yours."
and what would you like the people in this debate to reference?

are there some sort of guidelines you need to put up so all of us can get in on your big boy debate?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6198|Ireland

Spearhead wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Parker wrote:

i smoke.

it should not be legal.

Same could be said for alcohol.  Not disagreeing but just an observation.  Should alcohol be illegal as well?
Alcohol screw's up many people's lives, yet is less harmful than pot because it at least makes you work at with hang overs and such.  It is not as easy and rolling out of bed and lighting a smoke, or going on break at work and lighting a smoke, or driving down the road and having a smoke.

And yes, not everyone ends up a loser because of either drug, but why make it easier for that 5% of society that is worthless and week minded.
Like I have said before, if I am on the bus I don't want the drive to " step out to take a leak at a stop " and get stoned instantly with a legal substance and then kill everyone trying to drive.  Let's see someone do that with alcohol?  Much harder to do.  What about the school buss driver that likes to roll out of bed and light up?  Or the .......

Much easier to pick out the drunk and it takes longer for them to get intoxicated.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'll go with what I've seen happen to people who start smoking pot over some internet graph any day.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5601

Parker wrote:

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

are there some sort of guidelines you need to put up so all of us can get in on your big boy debate?
Apologies if you think I meant you. I didn't.

I would like people rather then to say what happened to their friends or people they knew to instead post numbers like crime rates for people who use Weed or numbers as to the income amount of people who use weed.

I would love to hear the number of stabbing caused by people who were high or how many people got pushed in front of trains.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6198|Ireland

Parker wrote:

uevjHEYFFQ wrote:

So do your successful friends still smoke pot? 

I know lots of people who have smoked in college and quit when they left and grew up.  This might not have been the case if it was legal for many of them. 

Unfortunately there are a great number of people in this world who are weak minded and pot is much easier to EMO with than Alcohol.  It is as easy as a cig with no hang over.  Makes you want to spend the whole day stoned and you lose ambition quickly.  There will always be so and so did this while so and so did that and they both smoked pot, but that doesn't change the fact that legalizing it would screw up society much worse than Alcohol ever could.  It would be cigs that make you high, talk about chain smokers.
Parker
isteal

Lotta_Drool wrote:

So do your successful friends still smoke pot?
in fact they do.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I know lots of people who have smoked in college and quit when they left and grew up.
i know lots that have done that as well...some successful, some not.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

This might not have been the case if it was legal for many of them.
i somewhat agree with this.
but i remember before i was 21...it was easier for me to get marijuana, than it was to get liquor.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Unfortunately there are a great number of people in this world who are weak minded and pot is much easier to EMO with than Alcohol. It is as easy as a cig with no hang over.  Makes you want to spend the whole day stoned and you lose ambition quickly.  There will always be so and so did this while so and so did that and they both smoked pot, but that doesn't change the fact that legalizing it would screw up society much worse than Alcohol ever could.  It would be cigs that make you high, talk about chain smokers.
agreed.
Wreckognize
+294|6500
So the massive amount of money wasted trying to combat marijuana and the amount of resources used to incarcerate nonviolent drug offenders isn't detrimental to society?

Besides, not like the marijuana plant is useful for anything...

https://www.torontohemp.com/hempuses.jpg
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6565|CH/BR - in UK

jord wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Banning alcohol would fail badly. History has proven it.
Radical changes are never accepted. That's why you have to ease into it. Kinda like easing into really hot/cold water

-kon
The majority are leaning towards legalising substances like Cannabis, not banning already legal ones. You'll have to go to Nazi Germany if you'd prefer to ban everything else fun.

Have fun, I heard they banned Dancing and Jazz music too. Oh what a great place to live...
Ok, think about it this way. Who the fuck wants to actually live in Amsterdam?
I've heard many people say "oh, I want to move to Cali" or "when I grow up, I'll live in NY" or "I want to live in London"
But who besides stoners ever say "I want to move to Amsterdam"? Let's face it, the drug business is not helping the city. There is just as much illegal activity as there was before - the difference lies only in the price. They're shutting down coffee shops because there are so many illegal ones! People in Amsterdam rarely like to associate themselves with the kind of people who go there on vacation. Instead, what you're creating is a bunch of people who are going to be even more opposed to drugs, because of the amount of idiots walking on the streets high out of their minds.
Granted, this is only based on the people from Amsterdam I've talked to or heard about - I'm sure there are other opinions out there.
The reason I'm not going to vote for legalizing drugs in Switzerland is because of how horrified I am of my country becoming that city.

Ugh, I can't believe you resorted to the Nazi argument. Any time any argument escalates, compare your opponent to Hitler, or use the Nazis as an  argument.

edit:
I have no problem with medicinal use of cannabis IF (and this is a big if) you REFINE it. Kinda like opium/morphine (not that I think anyone but a terminal patient should get such an addictive drug). But the whole concept of smoking medicinally does not make any sense what so ever.

-kon

Last edited by konfusion (2009-01-15 18:49:03)

Stimey
­
+786|6135|Ontario | Canada
Everything in moderation.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Parker wrote:

but i remember before i was 21...it was easier for me to get marijuana, than it was to get liquor.
Thats just dumb, and probably a reason so many turn to dope, so make it easier to get liquor or harder to get marijuana.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6565|CH/BR - in UK

Stimey wrote:

Agreed. It's excess of alcohol/pot that should be banned. That's right boys, getting drunk...

As for the "alcohol is worse than pot" argument... So instead of removing something that's worse, ie. keeping drunks off the streets (hats off to the   mayor of London), you would prefer adding people who are stoned out of their minds to the drunk college students? Hell, the amount of drunk people is the reason I don't go to Guildford.

-kon
ghettoperson
+1,943|6664

konfusion wrote:

jord wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Radical changes are never accepted. That's why you have to ease into it. Kinda like easing into really hot/cold water

-kon
The majority are leaning towards legalising substances like Cannabis, not banning already legal ones. You'll have to go to Nazi Germany if you'd prefer to ban everything else fun.

Have fun, I heard they banned Dancing and Jazz music too. Oh what a great place to live...
Ok, think about it this way. Who the fuck wants to actually live in Amsterdam?
I've heard many people say "oh, I want to move to Cali" or "when I grow up, I'll live in NY" or "I want to live in London"
But who besides stoners ever say "I want to move to Amsterdam"? Let's face it, the drug business is not helping the city. There is just as much illegal activity as there was before - the difference lies only in the price. They're shutting down coffee shops because there are so many illegal ones! People in Amsterdam rarely like to associate themselves with the kind of people who go there on vacation. Instead, what you're creating is a bunch of people who are going to be even more opposed to drugs, because of the amount of idiots walking on the streets high out of their minds.
Granted, this is only based on the people from Amsterdam I've talked to or heard about - I'm sure there are other opinions out there.
The reason I'm not going to vote for legalizing drugs in Switzerland is because of how horrified I am of my country becoming that city.

Ugh, I can't believe you resorted to the Nazi argument. Any time any argument escalates, compare your opponent to Hitler, or use the Nazis as an  argument.

edit:
I have no problem with medicinal use of cannabis IF (and this is a big if) you REFINE it. Kinda like opium/morphine (not that I think anyone but a terminal patient should get such an addictive drug). But the whole concept of smoking medicinally does not make any sense what so ever.

-kon
I think if most of the Dutch shared your opinion, they would move. Housing is bigger, nicer and cheaper just outside it. I live in Amsterdam, I like Amsterdam. Sure I don't plan on living here after college, but that has nothing to do with the city. Have you ever actually been to Amsterdam? It isn't anything like as overrun with drugs as you appear to think.
Parker
isteal

Dilbert_X wrote:

Parker wrote:

Thats just dumb, and probably a reason so many turn to dope, so make it easier to get liquor or harder to get marijuana.
much easier said than done.

first, i dont see this country lowering the drinking age anytime soon. we have enough DWI's already, and any effort to get the age lowered would be steamrolled by that reason alone.

the second part is MUCH more difficult. this is a plant that grows in the wild in many parts of the united states. im from missouri, and we have real good soil here.

throw some seeds in a ditch at the right time of the year, and you will have pot plants growing in no time.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6664

konfusion wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Agreed. It's excess of alcohol/pot that should be banned. That's right boys, getting drunk...

As for the "alcohol is worse than pot" argument... So instead of removing something that's worse, ie. keeping drunks off the streets (hats off to the   mayor of London), you would prefer adding people who are stoned out of their minds to the drunk college students? Hell, the amount of drunk people is the reason I don't go to Guildford.

-kon
I like being drunk, and I will continue to be drunk. However, were I as a sober person to go to a dodgy area, I would much, much rather meet stoners (on weed) than drunks. If you say otherwise you're a moron.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6565|CH/BR - in UK

ghettoperson wrote:

I think if most of the Dutch shared your opinion, they would move. Housing is bigger, nicer and cheaper just outside it. I live in Amsterdam, I like Amsterdam. Sure I don't plan on living here after college, but that has nothing to do with the city. Have you ever actually been to Amsterdam? It isn't anything like as overrun with drugs as you appear to think.
Oh sure, you have to move out of your city because of some stupid stoned tourists? I /have/ been to Amsterdam. My friend was mugged (at gun point) for... his fucking umbrella. They were both stoned, whatever... I said you could feel free to disagree. The people I know, and many I have heard of seem to see it that way.

-kon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard