Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6689
Aussie girls are sexy so we gotta protect aussie's (just for the women shhhh)
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Hmm... Mind control I dont think so. Anyway, the United States of America is the second most powerful nation in the world for obvious reasons. The most powerful nation on earth in this century is Australia. "How?" I hear you all say. Like this, cut the head of and the rest will fall. We shall see how long any world leader remains alive with the Aussie SAS gunning for them. No other SF in the world can compare to the Aussie SAS.
*A sharpened boomerang dipped in lethal poison is thrown at Dubya Bush's head* - Aussies are then heard cheering followed by over-enthusiastic humping of kangaroos and cuddly koalas
Nah, seriously, I've heard Aborigines hit a mark on a tree (that being a person) from 50m away with their boomerangs. Unfriendly weapons. Or we could just resurrect some megafauna and tramp all over you with 6m high wombats running at 60kmh (no shit)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
kiries
+4|6696|monastery of funk
Those thingy's always did sound cool, pity they arent around anymore. None up here anyway... live in the NT.
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6683|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL
History will show in several situations that the biggest and best do not always win the battle. Some examples are Battle of Britain, the Brits where out gunned atleast 12 to 1 and Germany had better aircraft , Battle of the Bulg out classed tanks and less man power still got the job done, American volunteers in China (FLYING TIGERS) only lost 18 aircraft in the whole operation 6 of which where on the ground, heck even take the Alamo for an example couple hundred against a couple thousand etc...

The point I am trying to make is that it does not matter where you are from, how big your army is, how well trained etc... If you have people that feel there is something worth fighting for they will make it extremely difficult to take them out.

But as far as on paper  2nd most powerful, I would have to go with China. They just have it all as far as that goes tech, numbers, production etc...
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

france, germany, uk...? what are you talking about ? It is clearly China. They have the numbers, and they'll have the technolgoy soon enough.

The pure size of their army would simply roll over any opponent in a conventional conflict.

Right now, the US forces have a slight edge, as they are well trained and motivated, but sooner or later china is going to take over the spot of No. 1 superpower. If they want it, that is....until now, they have pretty much kept out of the regional conflicts and concentrated on building a strong economy.

Ranking right now:
1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
4. UK / France / Germany
5. India
elite
+89|6715|Sheffield, England
i guess the table there is right, apart from uk and russia need to swap places
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

elite wrote:

i guess the table there is right, apart from uk and russia need to swap places
difficult to say, really. there are too many factors to be judged, like military strength, economical strength, population, land mass, agriculture, etc...

It all depends on what you use as indicators to measure "most powerful nation in the world"

I figured that in a conventional war along a common border the UK wouldn't stand a chance against russia.
I do hope though, that we will never find out wether I am right or wrong.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6734|Oslo, Norway

EVIL_STYX wrote:

History will show in several situations that the biggest and best do not always win the battle. Some examples are Battle of Britain, the Brits where out gunned atleast 12 to 1 and Germany had better aircraft , Battle of the Bulg out classed tanks and less man power still got the job done, American volunteers in China (FLYING TIGERS) only lost 18 aircraft in the whole operation 6 of which where on the ground, heck even take the Alamo for an example couple hundred against a couple thousand etc...

The point I am trying to make is that it does not matter where you are from, how big your army is, how well trained etc... If you have people that feel there is something worth fighting for they will make it extremely difficult to take them out.

But as far as on paper  2nd most powerful, I would have to go with China. They just have it all as far as that goes tech, numbers, production etc...
agreed. spartans vs. persians held that beach pass for3 days i think
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

MasterJuttu wrote:

Vilham wrote:

1 million of them vs a few 10s of thousands.
PS UK RULES! but maybe arent the best....
1 Million spear throwing zulus vs. 10000 machinegun-armed troops
no u ignorant fuck, one shot rifles, and about 10 machine guns that fire 100 bullets then take like 5 mins to reload, this was like 300 years ago MATE!

PS exageration

o and btw  THIS IS POINTLESS WE ARE IN A NUCLEAR ERA, china would amas their armies and just get nuked, the same for any country...

Last edited by Vilham (2006-01-30 11:35:32)

FrEaK
+1|6783|Finland

rhodri_d wrote:

Uk, because we have the best pilots in the world plus were naturaly born fighters, all the wars we have been in we've kicked ass.
really? say an expample war where UK has been good
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6741|Hamilton, Scotland

sheggalism wrote:

sir del boy wrote:

Right, it's settled. The UK PWNS France's arse. And this is confirmed by the Frenchman here. At least he owns up to coming from an inferior country
damn rosbeef !!!   Our army owned yours ! we have more naval vessels (unlike you surely think) more foot soldiers, more tanks and APCs, Eryx and Milan owns TOW and M136, more helicopters. The only reason they rank UK's air force and navy before France's is your RAF and your Fleet Air Arm which have more planes, but what planes ? the EF 2000 and the F-35 (thanks to your "master" US) that's all (Harrier and Tornadoes are outdated)
im frm scotland,right (still counts as UK), how the hell have the french got a better navy??

Britian defeated the french AND the spainish at some battle (which i cant remember because i dont think of it as important) in the 16 hundreds,
the british navy BLEW UP the french navy in WWII in dock in case Hitler got it,
As for airpower...
In the FALKLANDS 24 Harriers took down an X number of planes without the loss of 1 So u cant slag that.
(Which the french couldnt defend their own places lol:vietman:lol AND Your own country without our help and the UK, and france and UK are getting the eurofighter BOTH so u cant slag THAT!

And y did france NOT fight the iraq war (yes people say that its all because britian is so-called americas bum-boy)  but lets not forget the war of independence, france didnt fight because they had trouble containing THIER OWN STUDENTS!
So y bother slagging us u Quote "cheese-eating surrender monkeys"!!!

Last edited by A.Drew(G.Drew (2006-01-30 11:56:36)

A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6741|Hamilton, Scotland
BTW GUYS, Y R WE SLAGGING EACH OTHER!
THIS IS ABOUT 2nd Best military in the world NOT:
MY COUNTRY IS BETTER THAN URS!! my last e-mail was me defending my country and my cusin who is in the R.A.F and has been in iraq!

p.s. god help us when china becomes the no1 superpower...

Last edited by A.Drew(G.Drew (2006-01-30 12:02:19)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6689
my penis alone can take any army or country.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6711|Sweden
Sweden will pwn any country cauz we have these gunz an they are leik good, just aim for the head, and they all die, we have tanks too, and nice airplanes, im swedish, so naturally the best army in the world is the swedish one (Ment as sarcasm towards the proud norwegians, a pathetic country by the way, with a weird language and insane food prices.)
Major_M_Walsh
+0|6692|Ireland
Ireland is secretly controlling you all, with some Magical Potion or other in the Guinness.
rhodri_d
+-2|6666

FrEaK wrote:

rhodri_d wrote:

Uk, because we have the best pilots in the world plus were naturaly born fighters, all the wars we have been in we've kicked ass.
really? say an expample war where UK has been good
I said all the wars we have been in we kicked ass so in other words i havent got time to write a list, but for example we kicked ass in the Napoleonic wars, ww1, ww2, and were still kicking ass to this day.
elite
+89|6715|Sheffield, England
yeah, 1 thing us brits are good at is war i guess, ever since our empire difficulties we have learned our lesson.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6689
My statement still stands about my penis ruling over every one in this thread including you're army and country.

As for "one good thing brits are good for are war" You forgot what the females do, looking all sexy with there silky milky pale sexy skin and round english muffins.

Now lets start talking about english girls and there muffins.
I2elik
+12|6753|Perth, Western Australia
English women are hawt, too bad our Aussie ones aren't all like that, we get the bland stupid ones that fall for the other bogan football players (that's Jocks to you Americans..)

I think it'd kick ass to be in the Aussie SAS, just my opinion Training base quite close to where I am.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6711|Sweden
China will be the biggest in 10 years or so
Not Entirely Sane
+6|6661|Just Outside Seattle
Just to be awkward, how about the Vatican City. According to Cathnews.com there were roughly 1.07 billion Catholics worldwide at the end of 2002, if they felt that their religion was threatened then a good portion of them might be expected to take up arms, and I’m sure we have all heard about all the money and real estate that the church owns, and no matter where you are or what language you speak money and power are closely related. Another nation to consider is Saudi Arabia they have a very important global resource (Oil) and control the most holy site in all of Islam, and have huge amounts of cash. A very prominent Saudi named Osama Bin Laden certainly influenced the course of world events, and most of the 9/11 hijackers were if I remember correctly from Saudi Arabia. Surely, if there are many more Saudis who posses that level of fanaticism that makes their country and their countrymen very important on the global scale.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6689
Yep english girls are sexy too bad they live so far i wanna go to england catch me an english babe then bring her back here cause i wouldnt wanna live there (Bad weather,Packies,Terrorists)

I cant stand the girls with the really strong annoying accent though i'd end up karate chopping her. No Aussie girls well not all of them but i did see one shes one of the best looking girls in the world i've ever seen better then any celeb or movie star.
sheggalism
+16|6743|France
A.Drew
im frm scotland,right (still counts as UK), how the hell have the french got a better navy??

Britian defeated the french AND the spainish at some battle (which i cant remember because i dont think of it as important) in the 16 hundreds,
the british navy BLEW UP the french navy in WWII in dock in case Hitler got it,
As for airpower...
In the FALKLANDS 24 Harriers took down an X number of planes without the loss of 1 So u cant slag that.
(Which the french couldnt defend their own places lol:vietman:lol AND Your own country without our help and the UK, and france and UK are getting the eurofighter BOTH so u cant slag THAT!

And y did france NOT fight the iraq war (yes people say that its all because britian is so-called americas bum-boy)  but lets not forget the war of independence, france didnt fight because they had trouble containing THIER OWN STUDENTS!
So y bother slagging us u Quote "cheese-eating surrender monkeys"!!!
I don't think that France will get the Typhoon cuz we've got the RAFALE, furthermore EF200 was a "germano-britano-italiano-spanish" project.
Do you even know that until the 15th century French was the english monarchy language and english language itself was the language of sub-classes of the society ? Same as in many other countries in Europe which considered French as the language of Kings and knowledge ? And do you also know that 30% of english language's words came from French which came from Latin and Greek ? English people come in France for retirement cuz level of life is far better than in UK ? And for economical power France is ranked 4th whereas UK's ranked 7th !
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6814

I2elik wrote:

English women are hawt, too bad our Aussie ones aren't all like that, we get the bland stupid ones that fall for the other bogan football players (that's Jocks to you Americans..)

I think it'd kick ass to be in the Aussie SAS, just my opinion Training base quite close to where I am.
PlaGHWATAW?a1

Man, where you at in Perth? Everywhere i go there's lovely chicks/women/bitches... Get  into the city or garbo

Last edited by Greenie_Beazinie (2006-02-01 02:49:03)

Esker
+1|6728
ROFL at this topic...

Any country would kick the UK's arse at this moment in time. We have rifles that don't work, boots that melt, tanks that don't work, no body armour because it's expensive, admirals who still don't know what an exocet missle is, soldiers who are scared to fire a shot incase they're court marshalled... Need I continue? Plus we have the most spineless, gutless government that hates it's army.

We were lucky to win the Falklands without sustaining very high casualties really. That conflict was really hampered by piss poor intelligence, but majorly political interference.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard