ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
How perfect the timing. Obama can now declare victory, even though the same number of people die per day as in 2003.
If the solution was so simple as a surge, why was said surge not the order of the day before W's run against John Kerry?

What will happen if a new attack inside the Iraqi controlled Green Zone happenings? It will now be called progress because the press will focus the outrage of the Iraq people.
www.washingtonpost.com
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

What are you talking about? Or it this just another of your ramblings not particularily related to anything in the news at the moment?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
As long as there are troops there the war is still on. Like Korea. The opposition will not surrender, perhaps rest.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
Yay, Iraq is over. Woo woo Obama propaganda yay.

Now, what are those pesky Iranians doing with their uranium facilities...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ATG
Banned
I actually cannot copy and paste links with my blackberry where this thread was recreated.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

ATG wrote:

I actually cannot copy and paste links with my blackberry where this thread was recreated.
lol blackberry, I thought you were in economic hardship

Even I ain't got one of them

Well, my dad does

But he got it for free (and that would've been the only way he would have ever acquired one, trust me)
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6462|Connecticut

Mekstizzle wrote:

ATG wrote:

Well, my dad does

But he got it for free (and that would've been the only way he would have ever acquired one, trust me)
You do realize that he owns a business and most likely has a business account with his carrier which would mean he probably didn't pay jack shit for his phone. Plus you can get a BB on ebay for like $50 these days. Just saying.
Malloy must go
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

ATG wrote:

Well, my dad does

You do realize that he owns a business and most likely has a business account with his carrier which would mean he probably didn't pay jack shit for his phone. Plus you can get a BB on ebay for like $50 these days. Just saying.
I think Mek will be aware of that. Over here in the UK, all phones are free on contract.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6462|Connecticut

Bertster7 wrote:

Over here in the UK, all phones are free on contract.
For the most part the yare here too. I have the Wing, it's like a $400 phone and I only paid $50 for it with a 2 year contract. I wouldn't spend full price on a phone unless it had a glory hole in it....and did all of the work.
Malloy must go
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

ATG wrote:

Well, my dad does

My daughter just got the pearl. It was only $20 with her plan.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

My phone was <$20 with no plan.  No need for blackberry or Palm.  Waste of resources as far as I'm concerned.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

I'm on vodafone pre-pay.

on topic though gents,

Afghanistan war only just getting started?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

My phone was <$20 with no plan.  No need for blackberry or Palm.  Waste of resources as far as I'm concerned.
$20 wasn't too bad for a Christmas present . Especially considering her Mom pays for the plan.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Global War on Terror just getting started maybe.  No timeframe on that one.

Still unsure how the "War is over"?
ATG
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I have come to rely on the gps feature of my phone for driving to clients house.
I use the internet to transfer the phones to cell phones and check voicemails via my vonage plan, receive email bid requests whilst on the road, and can do online banking.

my blackberry rocks.

the war is over in that we have agreed to be out within a timeline, our troops will be subject to iraqi law and they control the green zone.
now, what I want to know is when will they reimburse us?
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6488|USA
they cannot reimburse us for our real losses.  nobody can.
i have a feeling that Obama will not produce as much "change" as he sold in his campaign, but time will tell.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

they cannot reimburse us for our real losses.  nobody can.
i have a feeling that Obama will not produce as much "change" as he sold in his campaign, but time will tell.
Later in his campaign he said the exact same thing Bush said. Commanders on the ground will dictate how and when we withdrawal. Few people caught that.. or they just chose to ignore it. He also said, "we can't ignore the opportunities presented in Iraq".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

ATG wrote:

With what, oil? Cheap exports? A free trade agreement? The blood of their first born son's, perhaps?
ATG
Banned
Works For Me.

Or Just Cash Is Fine.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

I know, they'll just calculate your tab on the cost of the war and then add interest.

What's that come to, a few billion in interest, on top of the few trillion it's cost you?

Sure that'll work.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Anything which goes right in the next four (eight?) years will be thanks to Obama.

Anything which goes wrong will be down to Bush.

Suck it up bitches
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

you know when you repeat that as many times as you do....it loses its punch.
Vax
+42|5821|Flyover country

Kmarion wrote:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hwK_CSpBxsNuVUEaDuOwmSSCiqGwD95ELIPO0
http://i41.tinypic.com/8x2a6x.jpg
A better link I think.
Good to hear

This bit sounds promising. 

Although Baghdad is calmer now, the Green Zone is full of unsettling reminders of war. Duck-and-cover bunkers dot sidewalks under lush date palms. Walls bear signs warning drivers not to stop for any reason and frequent speed bumps force vehicles to a near crawl.

Even before U.S. troops took control of the area in 2003 and put up the walls, the neighborhood had an air of intimidation. Saddam and his sons had lavish residences there and motorists who drove through understood they shouldn't stop.

Now, Iraqi officials have their eyes on making the area accessible, inspiring and educational, even though it's not yet clear when they will feel confident enough to take down the walls.

"It depends. There are many steps to take," Iraqi Security Minister Sherwan al-Waili said when asked about prospects for opening the zone.

In July, the National Investment Commission approved plans to build a $100 million luxury hotel in the zone.

And in the next couple of months, the Iraqi High Tribunal plans to open a museum in the zone detailing the brutality of Saddam's regime. It will include a replica of the hole-in-the-ground hideout where Saddam was captured in 2004, two years before he was executed, tribunal head Arif Abdul-Razzak Al-Shaheen told the newspaper Asharq al-Awsat last month.
They need to dismantle "the green zone" , and it sounds like they plan to
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

ATG wrote:

Why should they?
I keep hearing the war was in US national security interests, why should the average Iraqi have to pay for it?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard