Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6222|Brisneyland

LBJ wrote:

Costello is bit of a loser. but he did a great job as treasurer you cant deny that. costello and howard brought australia completely out of foreign debt, and saved a large amount of money for the government. it took them years to build up that money and rudd has managed to spend it all in a few weeks.
True that he did save some large surpluses. I guess you have to ask yourself which is more important, keeping a surplus, or spending it and maintaining growth and jobs. I personally think its appropriate to spend the surplus to avoid negative growth. Most economists I have read about say its actually the right thing to do as well. Is there really a point having a large surplus if people are losing their jobs due to recession?

LBJ wrote:

bush has a huuuggeeee list of fuck ups and he was only in office 8 years.
I hope you realise that Johnny would have agreed with every one of his fuck ups. He was like GWB's little lapdog, and it was embarrasing.

As for the internet thing, I am pretty sure that the Liberals also had a similar plan on the cards before the election. The Liberals in WA certainly did

Obviously I voted for Rudd, but I will be very dissapointed if this gets up. I also think its unlikely as the technological issues are too large, not too mention opposition from the senate from Liberals and Greens.
( I also apologise to TUF Catbox for derailing his thread.)
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Is anyone taking part in the trial of the censorship thing?

is there going to be a trial of it ?
The live trials, scheduled to kick off before Christmas, were supposed to provide a definitive picture of whether the filters could work in the real world, after lab tests released by the Australian Communications and Media Authority in June found available ISP filters frequently let through content that should be blocked, incorrectly blocked harmless content and slowed down network speeds by up to 87 per cent.

But now Telstra and Internode have said they would not take part in the trials. iiNet has said it would take part only to prove to the Government that its plan would not work, while Optus will test a heavily cut-down filtering model.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/home/tech … 20006.html
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6149|'straya

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

LBJ wrote:

Costello is bit of a loser. but he did a great job as treasurer you cant deny that. costello and howard brought australia completely out of foreign debt, and saved a large amount of money for the government. it took them years to build up that money and rudd has managed to spend it all in a few weeks.
True that he did save some large surpluses. I guess you have to ask yourself which is more important, keeping a surplus, or spending it and maintaining growth and jobs. I personally think its appropriate to spend the surplus to avoid negative growth. Most economists I have read about say its actually the right thing to do as well. Is there really a point having a large surplus if people are losing their jobs due to recession?

LBJ wrote:

bush has a huuuggeeee list of fuck ups and he was only in office 8 years.
I hope you realise that Johnny would have agreed with every one of his fuck ups. He was like GWB's little lapdog, and it was embarrasing.

As for the internet thing, I am pretty sure that the Liberals also had a similar plan on the cards before the election. The Liberals in WA certainly did

Obviously I voted for Rudd, but I will be very dissapointed if this gets up. I also think its unlikely as the technological issues are too large, not too mention opposition from the senate from Liberals and Greens.
( I also apologise to TUF Catbox for derailing his thread.)
Oh yer i know. i doubt the censorship will actually happen. to many problems. to much opposition. but it was a dumb idea in the first place.

and about johnny following bush. sure he did, half the world did. but im 98% sure that Rudd would have done the same thing in his position. its just that now Rudd holds the moral high ground.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

@ Burwhale, I'm curious, are you proud of Australia's national history as far as WW1/WW2 goes? Do you go to ANZAC day marches and such?

This is NOT some petty attack about patriotism, your answer will dictate the content of my next post though.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

Flecco wrote:

Gaiki, ever had a cavity search? Or don't you work in the tunnels?

@ Turq, it's our system, it means that everybody gets a voice, even if they are disproportionate. We don't have elections high-jacked by an electoral colledge either and every minister (equivalent to your secretaries) is an elected official.
As much as I hate the 2-party system and the electoral college...  I think I might actually prefer our flaws over yours.

This Fieldings guy seems like a prime target for assassination.  He's basically fucking things up for the rest of you, and I don't understand why you guys let him do that.

One of the most important aspects of democracy is that majority rules.  You shouldn't let one guy fuck things up to this degree.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

What is it with Australia and penal colonies?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6222|Brisneyland

Flecco wrote:

@ Burwhale, I'm curious, are you proud of Australia's national history as far as WW1/WW2 goes? Do you go to ANZAC day marches and such?

This is NOT some petty attack about patriotism, your answer will dictate the content of my next post though.
Sure, I attended Anzac day in Gallipoli in 2000. Attended last year as well (in Oz). Also have read many books on Aussie soldiers in WW2. Dad was in the Army and I nearly joined the Airforce ( chickened out though, not officer material at that age).
Why do you ask? ( let me guess, something to do with Keating?)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard