Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
I heard Little Big Planet is the real second coming of Christ, and all that business in Israel is just foolery.

Amirite.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6385|The Gem Saloon

Uzique wrote:

I heard Little Big Planet is the real second coming of Christ, and all that business in Israel is just foolery.

Amirite.
u r.

and fossils are just something the jews buried in 1926.

wtf is little big planet anyway?
i have only heard about it recently.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6528|Long Island, New York

Parker wrote:

An innovative game that's only semi-fun, but was splooged on by the critics because apparentely innovation and Stephen Fry's delectable voice mean everything now, and gameplay is dead.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

Parker wrote:

An innovative game that's only semi-fun, but was splooged on by the critics because apparentely innovation and Stephen Fry's delectable voice mean everything now, and gameplay is dead.
Gameplay is dead?  Wow, this was one of the best years for gamers in the history of video games and you say that?  I guess you missed Burnout Paradise.  And LBP is fun and almost endless coz of the user content.  And why did you get it if it's so semifun anyway?  Go and trade it for a better game like Gears 2 or Fable 2.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-12-30 15:42:27)

Kez
+778|5694|London, UK

Poseidon wrote:

Parker wrote:

Like Spore?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6752

sergeriver wrote:

Because you played it so much...
i dont need to jerk off with sandpaper to know that i would not like it
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Parker wrote:

Gameplay is dead?  Wow, this was one of the best years for gamers in the history of video games and you say that?  I guess you missed Burnout Paradise.  And LBP is fun and almost endless coz of the user content.  And why did you get it if it's so semifun anyway?  Go and trade it for a better game like Gears 2 or Fable 2.
butthurt because someone didn't look at LBP as the best game ever, as usual

you didn't even read what i wrote which is the saddest part, you just saw someone not praising LBP as Jesus's gift to the people of earth and decided to go on a rant

oh well

Kptk92 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Parker wrote:

Like Spore?
Just about.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Because you played it so much...
i dont need to jerk off with sandpaper to know that i would not like it
What do you use?  A Hustler magazine?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

you didn't even read what i wrote which is the saddest part, you just saw someone not praising LBP as Jesus's gift to the people of earth and decided to go on a rant

oh well
What?  The game of the year IMO is MGS4.  I like LBP but I enjoy better Burnout Paradise, or Battlefield Bad Company or Valkyria Chronicles or Motorstorm: PR.  What rant?  What are you on?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

oh well
What?  The game of the year IMO is MGS4.  I like LBP but I enjoy better Burnout Paradise, or Battlefield Bad Company or Valkyria Chronicles or Motorstorm: PR.  What rant?  What are you on?
According to the critics, gameplay is dead. LBP is not that fun. It's not. You claim user-based levels make it fun...erm, yeah, when Sony/MM aren't modding/deleting the shit out of the actual good ones. And even then, there's not many good ones. The only ones I've seen that are good are the Ghostbusters and BTTF ones, and they all take about 15 mins to complete.

The game itself is not that fun. It's innovative, but it's not that fun. It was for maybe the first day or so...but that's it. If innovation is what critics want to review by, Mirror's Edge should have higher than a 78.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

oh well
According to the critics, gameplay is dead. LBP is not that fun. It's not. You claim user-based levels make it fun...erm, yeah, when Sony/MM aren't modding/deleting the shit out of the actual good ones. And even then, there's not many good ones. The only ones I've seen that are good are the Ghostbusters and BTTF ones, and they all take about 15 mins to complete.

The game itself is not that fun. It's innovative, but it's not that fun. It was for maybe the first day or so...but that's it. If innovation is what critics want to review by, Mirror's Edge should have higher than a 78.
It's all a matter of opinion.  Eurogamer says LBP is the best game of the year.  I don't agree, to me it's MGS4 hands down.  But it is one of the best games of the year.  But if you don't like the game trade it, that's not a rant.  And Mirrors Edge isn't as innovative as LBP, but it deserved a better score.  But again, it's a matter of opinion.  Most reviews gave GTA IV perfect 10's and you know it doesn't deserve it.  If you ask me, the game I enjoyed the most this year is Burnout Paradise, not the best game, but the one that provided most fun.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-12-30 16:05:25)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
tbh if he doesnt like the gameplay in LBP who cares. His choice, I personally am fucking loving it, play it with friends, which ofc u need to first have, is amazing laugh. Especially with all the creative levels coming out from users not to mention the paintanator is genius for killing each other with.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
That's your insult? That I don't have friends? How witty, how original! What tact!

I was actually playing co-op with Heggs (who isn't even that far away) and the servers were laggy as fucking hell. And I'm not the only one who's having problems with their servers. It's a widespread problem.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
where did i say you had no friends. please directly quote me saying that.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

play it with friends, which ofc u need to first have, is amazing laugh.
Back peddling ftw!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
reading comprehension ftw.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

You put it out there quite clearly Vilham, it's not my fault you love to back peddle faster than Lance Armstrong.

What I find incredibly ironic about the OP is how Kotaku's (the site Serge retrieved that list from) editors released their nominees for GOTY...not one picked MGS4.

-waits for Serge or Vilham to downplay Kotaku's importance or claim that they're biased-

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-12-30 21:40:18)

Stimey
­
+786|6111|Ontario | Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

You put it out there quite clearly Vilham, it's not my fault you love to back peddle faster than Lance Armstrong.

What I find incredibly ironic about the OP is how Kotaku's (the site Serge retrieved that list from) editors released their nominees for GOTY...not one picked MGS4.
Fucking well phrased is right.

Bioshock was a Windows exclusive.
I did not enjoy LBP enough for it to be that well rated.
MGS4 WAS a movie. The parts where you could play were incredibly enjoyable, but I can't sit through 1.5hrs of cutscene.
No arguement about GTA 4.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

-waits for Serge or Vilham to downplay Kotaku's importance or claim that they're biased-
No, that's simply how you chose to interpret what I wrote, the post wasn't even in response to you at all, I was making a broad comment on why LBP is a good game. Clearly you must be sensitive about such issues though to get into such a hissy fit about something in your head.

Your point? I believe its called opinion.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

No, that's simply how you chose to interpret what I wrote, the post wasn't even in response to you at all, I was making a broad comment on why LBP is a good game. Clearly you must be sensitive about such issues though to get into such a hissy fit about something in your head.

Your point? I believe its called opinion.
Blah blah blah, same ol' Vilham rhetoric, "it's my opinion, you're wrong, I'm not accepting anything else, neener neener neener I can't hear you".

Honestly, it gets old! I wasn't throwing a hissy fit either, I just was laughing that the best thing you could come up "you don't have friends". It's quite humorous, I have to say! I mean shiiiiiiiiii-yit, that's like a Mitch-esque insult. Keep the back peddling going though, I'm enjoying it thoroughly!

Back on topic, anyways.

When you look at the actual highest rated games according to Metacritic's calculations, Braid and Gears 2 are in the top 10 with 93's.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-12-30 21:52:35)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6732|FUCK UBISOFT

as with this post.

There's 2 on some of them.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
lol, i genuinely love the fact that you think my post was directed at you and that it clearly upset you so.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

lol, i genuinely love the fact that you think my post was directed at you and that it clearly upset you so.
You don't need to hide, babe.

Good morning starshine! The Earth says hello!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

You mean the one person site?  The site of Brian Crecente?  This Brian Crecente?

https://img68.imageshack.us/img68/7562/kotakugatesqh9.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Flecco wrote:

GalCiv2 made the list.

BAHAHAHAHA!
Good game, and one that has the guts to be free of anti-piracy measures. Didn't have to worry about secret software installed on my computer, worry about keeping the CD in the drive or any of that. It was almost like playing Doom all over again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard