Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6157|eXtreme to the maX
I hope the Israelis go back to Germany, Russia and New York and we don't get bothered by this whole business again.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6580|Global Command
blame israel always, seems to be popular.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6538|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

ATG wrote:

I think Canada started it Alex.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6538|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I like how everyone ignores this:

Oh and where are their loving Arab brethren now? The US gives more aid to the Palestinians then all the Arab countries combined.
Vax
+42|5903|Flyover country

jord wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

SgtHein wrote:

Oh and the Palestinians are little angels?
Please point out anything the Palestinians did to anyone before the Israelis started ethnically cleansing them from their land.
Hamas, and Hezbollah, are reactions to Israeli atrocities.
You can thank the Israelis for bringing terror to the ME, and the rest of the world.

SgtHein wrote:

The people that cheered as the TERRORIST HAMAS (who is dedicated to the destruction of Israel) seized control from the ELECTED Palestinian President, and continued to launch rockets.
And Israel is dedicated to the destruction of Palestine, what do you expect the Palestinians to do?
Not launch rocket attacks and don't give Israel a reason to attack?
No, too sensible, won't happen.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6462|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

And Israel is dedicated to the destruction of Palestine, what do you expect the Palestinians to do?
Israel has a stated policy of the destruction of Palestine, do they? Perhaps you could dig that up?

And I guess them reaching agreement with the PA, pulling completely out of Gaza, removing all settlements from Gaza, etc...that's all focused on destroying Palestine as well, isn't it?

Don't worry...not allowed to see things as they are here (I heard that somewhere).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6652|132 and Bush

Question. How does Israel stop the rocket attacks? The truce thing didn't work. Given Gaza back didn't work.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jord
+2,382|6729|The North, beyond the wall.

Kmarion wrote:

Question. How does Israel stop the rocket attacks? The truce thing didn't work. Given Gaza back didn't work.
Create a big brother society on the border, CROWS vehicles mounted with .50 and mk19's run convoys along the roads and sniper teams on the rooftops 24/7. Install more CCTV than the UK can shake a stick at, spend more on intelligence and establish and take out key HAMAS players and install less hardline leaders.

Whoever said force doesn't work, if implemented properly it could put an end to all the attacks. 100% lockdown for a month at the start, then slowly let society get back to normal once the extremist leaders have been replaced and the sheep have a more moderate leader.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6652|132 and Bush

jord wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Create a big brother society on the border, CROWS vehicles mounted with .50 and mk19's run convoys along the roads and sniper teams on the rooftops 24/7. Install more CCTV than the UK can shake a stick at, spend more on intelligence and establish and take out key HAMAS players and install less hardline leaders.

Whoever said force doesn't work, if implemented properly it could put an end to all the attacks. 100% lockdown for a month at the start, then slowly let society get back to normal once the extremist leaders have been replaced and the sheep have a more moderate leader.
Israel has one of the worlds greatest intelligence gathering community. They have already done a lot of what you have stated. They had lock downs, curfews, and blockades before. The rocket attacks slowed but the instant they left they went up dramatically. Even during the so called "truce". You've got grand plans but the world shudders at the thought of actually having to implement them. Your proposal sounds like the perfect setup to cry occupier, expansionist, and oppressors.

Sitting on the border with snipers and 50 cals isn't going to do shit against rockets that are fired at up to 17km's away.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
A negotiated peace would make far more sense than endless military intervention.
In the long run thats what is going to have to happen.

The Israelis aren't interested in that however.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6652|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Israelis aren't interested in that however.
I can't say that I blame them. Hamas never stopped firing it's rockets during the truce.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6716|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kmarion wrote:

Idk. Take control of the West Bank and Gaza via military means, offer the populations there Israeli citizenship and full rights as Israeli citizens, including without reserve the right to vote in elections and stand for election as any currently voting Israeli citizen has.

Let the Mossad forcibly deal with any militant threats to internal security in the new Israel. Put the new citizens to good use rebuilding the Gaza strip/West bank and encourage a culture of acceptance of the new government coupled with new programs to bring the Palestinians out of the dark age and make them productive members of Israeli society capable of contributing significantly to their new nation.

Ensure it's a secular state, religion is the current vehicle for extremist behaviour, remove it from the politics and things should tone down a bit.

Lastly, build Israel into the most stable, positive and dynamic economic and political entity in the region. A robust economy that can survive without foreign aid and keeps it's people happy, educated, cultured, fed and productive; this will ultimately kill off any logical reason that any person on the planet has to want Israel destroyed. If the Arab states of the ME still refuse to work with or acknowledge the state of Israel if it did all that then...

Well the world can go on ignoring them as crazy crackpot extremists, without a nagging sense of guilt at all the innocents suffering at the hands of the indifference of the western world and the ridiculous actions of HAMAS/the current Israeli government.

Sadly, the only way for the above to happen would be for magical fairies to swoop down from space and fix everything instantaneously by waving their magical wands.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6702|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

I hope the Israelis go back to Germany, Russia and New York and we don't get bothered by this whole business again.
LOL, but I am not allowed to say something about how Islam does not belong in a western society without being a bigot and racist, and endorsing Muslim death camps....Yer a real piece of work, ya know that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It was in response to SgtHeihn saying
I HOPE ISRAEL WIPES GAZA FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH

If muslims kicked you out of your house and killed your wife and children you might have a point, if they just practise their religion exactly the same as other faiths are free to do then you don't.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6702|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

It was in response to SgtHeihn saying
I HOPE ISRAEL WIPES GAZA FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH

If muslims kicked you out of your house and killed your wife and children you might have a point, if they just practise their religion exactly the same as other faiths are free to do then you don't.
In todays world, all other faiths pretty much are not into terrorist attacks in the name of God

However, after reading you over past seversal months, I have no doubt you meant what you said in regards to the Jews.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6274|Escea

I still don't get this 'ethnic cleansing' crap, the Nazis did that and the Serbs, big graves full of bodies of people they systematically hunted down. If the Israelis were actually ethnically cleansing the place, Gaza wouldn't exist.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6814|d

SgtHeihn
[b wrote:

Oh and where are their loving Arab brethren now? The US gives more aid to the Palestinians then all the Arab countries combined.[/b]
Brethren ? where there money/power invloved, being friends goes out of the window. Its like what happend with the Russian and Georgia, teh poor Georgians were crying for us help but what happend ? .

Edit: if you think teh us supports isreal due to them being friends then think again.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2009-01-02 06:06:58)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6814|d

ATG wrote:

yes, all those people that blame iisreal are fukin crazyyyyyyyyyyyy.

lowing, i hope hating islam lets you sleep at night because if it doesn't you need to go out there and kill some muslims! YEAAAaaa. tell you what son, we should all fukin go out there and kill  muslims,  YEAHHHhhhhh. hoooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6337|eng
Israel are acting in a justified manner after years of shelling from HAMAS militants.
#rekt
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6700

Mint Sauce wrote:

Israel are acting in a justified manner after years of shelling from HAMAS militants.
argument goes both ways...HAMAS were acting in a justified manner after years of gaza occupation from the Israeli army( terrorists)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6606

Kmarion wrote:

Answer: They can't. They need to suck it up because I can't see one way save genocide that will stop them being the target of death and destruction for as long as the state exists. They missed their chance when Fatah were in power and now they have to deal with the effects of their own stubbornness. The fact is that Israel needs Hamas and will continue to propagate a situation where Hamas exists and has popular support. Why? Because it gives a false perception of legitimacy to their illegal settlements in Ariel and Ma'ale Adumim and all of the other settlement building that will occur under the present regime and under Benyamin 'The Cunt' Netanyahu when he takes power shortly. The longer peace is delayed the stronger a stranglehold they will develop over East Jerusalem. Simple as that.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-01-02 08:31:30)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6814|d

SgtHeihn wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Oh and the Palestinians are little angels?
ant you message suppose to be ?

"Oh and hamas are little angels?"
You seem to buy into the poor little oppressed Palestinian thing, so lets break it down.

The people Under Fatah are not being bombed, they are actually working toward living in harmony.

The people that cheered as the TERRORIST HAMAS (who is dedicated to the destruction of Israel) seized control from the ELECTED Palestinian President, and continued to launch rockets. Now they are getting the shit bombed outta them....... It doesn't take a genius, but stopping rockets=no bombing.
check out this article on someone blog, make sense of it all.

Point being there was a reason why the people of Plastine didn't vote for Fatah, and just because they voted for Hamas, it doesn't mean they choose terrorism and irredentism.

Also  (from link)

"""
In this light, I’d like to pose a little challenge to anyone who disagrees with me. Try to answer honestly: If Fatah had won the Palestinian parliamentary elections, would you be congratulating the Palestinian voters for “choosing peace” as loudly as you now condemn them for “choosing terror”?

"""
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6632|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Answer: They can't. They need to suck it up because I can't see one way save genocide that will stop them being the target of death and destruction for as long as the state exists.
Meh, I disagree.

Gradual concessions and Israeli backed initiatives that improve the quality on life for Palestinians, over the next couple of generations could well work. The situation in the West Bank hasn't been too bad recently. Help the Palestinians to live normal lives which Israel are actively seen to be making better, not worse and the problems will go away, eventually.

Obviously there is no overnight solution - which is where the Israelis are going terribly wrong in dealing with this. They should be playing the long game - not following their current course of action which probably does more harm than good in the long term.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6606

Bertster7 wrote:

Meh, I disagree.

Gradual concessions and Israeli backed initiatives that improve the quality on life for Palestinians, over the next couple of generations could well work. The situation in the West Bank hasn't been too bad recently. Help the Palestinians to live normal lives which Israel are actively seen to be making better, not worse and the problems will go away, eventually.

Obviously there is no overnight solution - which is where the Israelis are going terribly wrong in dealing with this. They should be playing the long game - not following their current course of action which probably does more harm than good in the long term.
Bertster, personally I think that as long as the Israelis persist with their hardline on a united Jerusalem there will always be a band of men ready to attack them, always. Do you think Israel will concede the east Jerusalem issue?
jord
+2,382|6729|The North, beyond the wall.
Why would a country with superior... Well, everything take the defeat option and go home? If anyone should surrender it's Hamas, they can actually save a lot of lives, and they don't stand a chance of making any significant blows to Israel anytime soon....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard