Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6144
Is anyone else consistently amazed at the amount of people who seemingly cannot stop themselves from proning?  I've been playing on Jolt city maps (vehicles server) most nights for the last week while I've been on holiday, and a significant proportion of my kills as infantry have been massacring helpless proners.  Not the kind who lay down for some long range, fairly safe shooting.  The kind of player who, after spotting you, immediately dives to the ground regardless of the situation/range/weapons. 

Some people will even fall prey to the same trick 10+ times in a round, or (seemingly) indefinitely.  I show myself at a corner or from behind cover, then they prone, then I blast 'em.  Rinse, repeat.  Begin to wonder who many times you can exactly the same thing to the same person before they figure it out.

Anyone here suffer from CPD? 
JoshP
Banned
+176|5691|Notts, UK
i'm ashamed

i prone way too much

i'm trying to quit the habit
Laika
+75|5945
Yeah I suffer, but only because I haven't played infantry much lately and I'm slowly breaking the habit the hard way.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6134|Scotland!
99% of competitive 4v4 infantry players are riddled with CPD
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

Your gun is most accurate when you are prone hence, why people go prone often.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California
Even while sniping (which I do a lot esp. close range sniping) I just crouch. It's all you really need. Especially while sniping I love it when people go prone because, if you have any kind of skill, it essentially guarantees you a headshot.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700

killer21 wrote:

Your gun is most accurate when you are prone hence, why people go prone often.
Puts you in a really bad position and gives your opponent a good advantage.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6144
Indeed. 

Advantages of proning:
  • Slightly improved accuracy
  • Smaller profile (Somewhat cancelled out by point 3 below)
  • You can shove your head in walls to reduce the damage taken from grenades (read that on the tactics forum a good while back, useful tip for when you're getting spammed in a tight area and you have no chance to run )
Disadvantages of proning:
  • Static.  Can't react fast enough when someone unexpectedly arrives or retreats behind cover, leaving you totally exposed.  I'd say 9/10 times in a corner versus prone battle, I beat the proner.  The only time they win is when they get an instant kill with their first burst, or I get the random 500 meter LMG spam death.  Most of the time it's just hello, one burst, back around corner, come back around and finish them (this has the added bonus of deviation settling in between bursts ).
  • Can't shoot when getting up, so if you get caught out at that point, tough.
  • Makes your head 1/3 of what a sniper can aim at when viewed head-on.  Even crap snipers can take advantage of this (also see: Static)
  • Makes an easy AT insta-kill (even when you think you have time to get up, you probably don't )
  • Aiming advantage isn't that great versus crouch for most kits
  • Forces you to aim upwards at close range, making it harder to aim at point blank enemies (who will probably jump over you and shock paddle your buttocks for the lulz).  It's easier to keep track of enemies on the level without having to look up and down, especially if there's loads of targets and you lose sight of the rest of them.
  • If you have to fight multiple opponents at close range simultaneously, you're probably fucked because you're lying there like an idiot giving the second guy an easy kill.  One person might get outgunned by a static target, but two people most likely won't.

In short, I don't see why people habitually prone every 3 seconds.  I admit I used to do it a lot back when you could prone, crouch and keep firing, but ever since that disappeared there's very little reason to do it anymore (long range shooting aside).
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
first, everybody cried about bunnyhopping, now they whine about proning people. what will be next? sprinting or crouching players?
robcr9
+111|5983
I used to prone before i played with better players ( not public)

But it's quite hard to stop, occasionally i will prone, but if they prone i will press ctrl and jump behind him and get dust in his head for 3 seconds before he dies.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

first, everybody cried about bunnyhopping, now they whine about proning people. what will be next? sprinting or crouching players?
The absolutely hopeless auto admin on the =c@t= & [pt] server. Killing a squad full of snipers by the burning APC, and I get kicked for baserape. Hmmkay.

Anyway, proning.

Used to do it alot, but I realised that crouching or simply just standing and shooting is often better. I really only crouch now-a-days. I love Support players though, they have to prone, so I jump over them a couple times and then shock them. If I can that is.
#rekt
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
The funniest proners are suppliers. The spin around their axis while you jump to the opposite side hes looking at. They are spraying with their RPK/PKM hopelessly.

Last edited by .Sup (2008-12-26 05:35:53)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Laika
+75|5945

.Sup wrote:

The funniest proners are suppliers. The spin around their axis while you jump to the opposite side hes looking at. They are spraying with their RPK/PKM hopelessly.
I shoot them in the butt.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

Ataronchronon wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I shoot them in the butt.
I shock paddle em
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
phishman420
Banned
+821|5683
Sigh.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

Um, no one is crying about it? I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to the repetitiveness that many players have which causes them to be killed over and over again.

I don't mind people going prone. Easy kills.

The only people I have seen whining about people going prone is server admins. Going prone and killing them=Dolphin Diving=kick/ban.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6144
^ What he said.  I just think it's funny that some people will die doing the same thing again and again and again and again.  That's all.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6329|Australia
What give me the lulz is when I spot someone running along, I point my AT at them and wait until they notice me. They turn around, see me looking at them through the AT scope, so the first thing they do is go prone, use irons and start spraying.
*Shoom*
*Thud*
thepilot91
+64|6238|Ă…land!
i suffer from it...also i suffer from ALWAYS zooming!...fucking ennoying, hard to get rid of. hop strafe in the jump aim in fire...well i dont play much IO but anyway
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space
Lol, when im support its instaprone and 3/4 of your health is gone before i get back up and finish you with my pistol.  That or you bunnyhop and get raped by someone who can actually aim.  Sux to be someone who cant though.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5836|Australia

I'm Jamesey wrote:

what else are you gonna do, other than stand-up RPK
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea
I have good and pad patches, but im more of an insta-crouch fag
BL4CKL10N
+66|6284
In the end, it's not a real illness. Why fucking bother?
ZeqTr
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY....
+121|6202

I'm Jamesey wrote:

nieeek has got CPD :XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng
If i'm playing da support, which of late is quite often, I play with the RPK or PKM, I will crouch rather than prone, more of a challenge against your average pub moron.

Last edited by Mint Sauce (2008-12-27 05:24:36)

#rekt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard