GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ
READ: if you dont want to read my story, look down for the question I posed

The background talks about my mom, and how she notices little things, and eventually supports the statement "I really love how my mom is always thinking about other people, how she picks up on little things, how she can always suprise me, and how downright sweet she is" If you dont give a fuck, then dont read the background

Background: I've been looking for a DSLR camera, because I hate point and click cameras, and I feel I could really do something, and learn something with a DSLR, something nice... I ask my mom about this, who used a regular SLR for probably 15+ days back in the day where film was your only option... anywho, I mention to her that I really like the Cannon Rebel, and that that camera was my ideal camera, and I discussed lenses with her and what not. Basically this is a 10 minute, "What do you know about this, im thinking of getting one in the future" conversations, sort of like the baby conversation ill be having with her in 5-20 years, except I dont want a baby from my mom, thats gross and illegal. And I suppose she figured... That 10 minute conversation + me bringing up DSLR's (more like man thats such a sick camera, not I WANT ONE!) in the past + my "eye for shots" = That camera would be a great present for him

So my mom dropped a hint that I would be getting a new camera, possibly the one I wanted (if you read my thread...) a Cannon Rebel XSi 12.2MP the other day, and she wouldnt tell me if it was the one that I wanted. I didnt tell her, "I want the Cannon Rebel XSi" mainly because I wasnt expecting it from her and it never really came up again... But sure enough, me with nothing to do, remembering how she wouldnt tell me straight up, the little weasel, I just had to check...

So I go to newegg, where I MAKE her buy things (Two things I cant stand: people going to best-buy for gifts [Exception: When you need something ASAP] and using IE) I type in her email, and her usual password, go to Account, go to history, and there it is... the Cannon Rebel.

This Christmas really has been the best one since I got my first AR-15 airsoft gun, or my PS2 (When it first came out), or my N64 (When it first came out)

Today we went to NYC, saw the Christmas Spectacular (got me in the Christmas spirit), the big ass tree, times square lit up at night, I even saw snow (big deal, im living in AZ)

I mean, I saw the first DSLR's (possibly the one im getting) for like $1,400 maybe 3-4 years ago. And I remember thinking to myself, how awesome it would be to have one...

Shit like this makes me want to get a job, and buy gifts for people I love on Christmas, just so they can feel the sheer joy and love im feeling right now (not materialistic, I got my whole family here, i'm usually 2,000 miles away)

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Okay, on a discussion topic, if you didnt want to read the above... Your in my situation, you know [or think you know] your parents, or Significant Other bought you what you REALLY wanted, but didnt expect, on Newegg(or other online store). You know their password and account, do you log in to confirm your suspicions, or do you walk away from the computer and wait for the surprise on Christmas day?

Last edited by GodFather (2008-12-23 22:49:13)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

GodFather wrote:

So, I feel like a dick now, but I am excited
So you'd be erect then?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
GodFather
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ

TheAussieReaper wrote:

GodFather wrote:

So you'd be erect then?
Who says dicks have to be erect? (Besides your mom)
CrazeD
+368|6664|Maine
I usually have a pretty good idea what I'm getting.

But surprises is half the fun of Christmas.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

GodFather wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

GodFather wrote:

So you'd be erect then?
Who says dicks have to be erect? (Besides your mom)
It's mum. And she hasn't seen a dick that isn't erect. Total milf tbh.

On topic though, you shouldn't peek at what your gifts are. You can't wait a few more hours?

You should buy your mum something, but have no job? So get one. lol
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6708|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
1.  The title of this topic could use a bit of an adjustment...
2.  I wouldn't check if for no other reason than having to act excited and suprized about what I got on christmas.  To me, at least, not really knowing is half of the fun.
GodFather
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ

mcgid1 wrote:

1.  The title of this topic could use a bit of an adjustment...
2.  I wouldn't check if for no other reason than having to act excited and suprized about what I got on christmas.  To me, at least, not really knowing is half of the fun.
1. The title makes, you think, "hmm, why does godfather feel like a dick, and why is he excited"

The answer is:

So, I feel like a dick now because I 'peeked' at what Im getting for christmas, but I am excited now that I know Ill be taking pictures with my dream camera on Christmas Day

ps: im in a rush, its 2:00am here and i want to sleep
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Maybe she bought it for herself?
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6631|Montréal, Québec
Go for it, and tell her you checked tomorow morning....
Then there is 2 option:
- she will give it to you right away since you already know...
- she won't give it to you since your a little bastard.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6385|The Gem Saloon
just fucking check dude...

its only trust.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5708|Vancouver, BC, Canada
My mom bought me the Canon Rebel XS for my birthday/Christmas

We put it on her Futureshop credit account, I've got about $200 paid off from cash presents(I come from a poorish family) and I intend to get a job when I get back home after Winter break.

4 days and it's already got over 1000 shots on it

Make a Flickr and PM me

cameras are
GodFather
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ

TheDonkey wrote:

My mom bought me the Canon Rebel XS for my birthday/Christmas

We put it on her Futureshop credit account, I've got about $200 paid off from cash presents(I come from a poorish family) and I intend to get a job when I get back home after Winter break.

4 days and it's already got over 1000 shots on it

Make a Flickr and PM me

cameras are
I might have to do that when I have some time

seb--morin wrote:

Go for it, and tell her you checked tomorow morning....
Then there is 2 option:
- she will give it to you right away since you already know...
- she won't give it to you since your a little bastard.
I wouldnt do that, I still dont believe I'm getting it in a sense, its a too good to be true thing... Im going to stop thinking about it and ill try to forget the specifics, I will actually be surprised on Christmas (remember ill be disoriented from my 22 year old brother waking the house up at 6am to open presents)

Also, I want to let her have the moment   and it wont be fake trust me

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Maybe she bought it for herself?
nah, she would have brought it today to New York, and she would have asked me for help with it, and she would have also let me use it to see if I liked it (because I planned on getting it) I know this because shes that kind of person
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
Why do you know her password?

I should also say something generic to make you feel bad, too, since Best Buy and IE are , so... your mom.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6147|Vancouver | Canada
I like pleasant surprises, so I would not do that.

..also, lol @ thread title.

..and welcome to the DSLR owners club.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2008-12-23 23:18:58)

TheDonkey

DefCon-17 wrote:

I no haz welcome?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

TheDonkey wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

I no haz welcome?
No!
TheDonkey

DefCon-17 wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

I no haz welcome?
No!
Then I shall knock on every Vancouverites door, storm in, and check the history/BF2s last logged in till I find yous.

Then I shall proceed to slap you in the face.

I shall begin this process next week as I'm in Edmonton till the 30th.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5896|CA
Your thread has inspired me to check my parent's NewEgg account to see if my gifts have been purchased...

Too bad they changed the fucking password.  Oh well, I prefer surprises.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

TheDonkey wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

I no haz welcome?
No!
Then I shall knock on every Vancouverites door, storm in, and check the history/BF2s last logged in till I find yous.

Then I shall proceed to slap you in the face.

I shall begin this process next week as I'm in Edmonton till the 30th.

I'll narrow the search for you: I'm in North Van.
GodFather
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ

DesertFox- wrote:

Why do you know her password?

I should also say something generic to make you feel bad, too, since Best Buy and IE are , so... your mom.
shes been using the same PW since I remember, well, living... She trusts me enough to let me know it...

She will also say things like, "Hey my boss Richard just emailed me a .ppt, but I cant open it, its in 2007 (.pptx), can you convert it and re-email it to me on my blackberry? I'm out of town at the moment"

Im going to bed though... Good night for now
(pics coming tomorrow from todays escapades in NYC)
TheDonkey
/Out of nowhere, pulls out 3x5ft map of North Van and begins charting out search zones. Then proceeds to pulling out a calendar and marking off available days.
GodFather
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ

TheDonkey wrote:

/Out of nowhere, pulls out 3x5ft map of North Van and begins charting out search zones. Then proceeds to pulling out a calendar and marking off available days.
/goes online, buys tickets for the closest airport to TheDonkeys house, waits for christmas so I can bring my camera
TheDonkey

GodFather wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

/goes online, buys tickets for the closest airport to TheDonkeys house, waits for christmas so I can bring my camera
That would probably be YVR, freeee public WiFi = (Although, it just happened to not be working in the Canada departures terminal, so I had to trek like half a mile to US departures, only to realize that I have little to do on the internet at that point in time.)

Lol, we need to set up a DSLR Hub party, get a 16 port USB hub and indulge in picture goodness

Don't forget to get an SD card though, SLR's are too cool for built in memory.
GodFather
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ

TheDonkey wrote:

Don't forget to get an SD card though, SLR's are too cool for built in memory.
Yeah, im waiting to see what my mom does, if she hasnt gotten anything, ill be buying a new SD from Newegg (just checked, DAMN theyre fucking DIRT cheap!)

My current cam has a SD Pro (I think) 4GB and that wont work

speaking of my current cam, some of the shots ive gotten with a point and click... none of them have been digitally altered, all taken with a DSC-N2 10MP digital point and click...   the focus on the flower one was a bitch man, I had to try to focus on something else and then walk over and take the pic while it was still focused on the other scene... Man im going to love Manual Focus!

https://fc76.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/195/8/7/Goodbye_Tahitian_Sun_by_GawdFather.jpg

https://fc45.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/193/c/d/Tahiti_Dreamin_by_GawdFather.jpg

https://fc01.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/193/b/a/Blurred_Ocean_by_GawdFather.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
My camera doesn't have built in memory.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard