SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6587|Mountains of NC

cpt.fass1 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'm not the guy who knows 13 guys that's Sgthemiliea(what ever) I was making the comment on his post..

Thank you Seremaker, it's a giant catch 22, you re-enlisted into the military cause you can't support your family on one income(I'm assuming you joined before 9-11 and for the right reasons) now you have a supplemental income and a military income. But the private sector is failing and we're slowly getting our rights as citizen taken away, so all of what our forefathers fought for is failing.. The private sector is what carries the bulk the fiscal responsibility of supporting our troops..

If in this country it gets bad enough where our the people attempt to over through the government, which side are you guys going to be on?
yes I joined in '98 and stayed longer then 4 ( not due to stop loss but on my own accord )

private sector isn't failing ..... its getting weeded out, it sucks for the ones that can't make it but they could have always tried harder
and I'm not just talking about small business, its also aimed at larger ones ... for example Circuit City - they've closed down over 100 store in '08 and planning on more in '09

private sector carries the bulk - well thats " no brainer ", thats like saying the middle class carries the financial burden of USA

people attempt to over through our govt. - would you be one of the people on the front lines heading into the whitehouse with a torch
Well the larger business's are failing because the smaller ones are too.. The trickle down effect didn't help or work at all, remember majority of the larger companies out source to other countries to keep more money in there ex's pockets. If you don't mind, why did your wife lose her job?

Well what happens when the private sector fails enough when they can't support the military anymore?  That's pretty much Communism?

What do you mean is there anything I"m not.. I"m a self employed mortgage broker/banker..
she lost her job due to pregnancy

private sector isn't going to get close to failing, their will always be private business .... its just time to weed out the ones that can't hack it

broker/banker ..... so you're part of the problem not the solution

you've got a lot of hate toward the military bc its hurting your business, finaces ...... so the money the govt tosses to the military is hurting your business
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6715|NJ
So she didn't lose her job? She's taking maternity leave?

Apparently I'm part of the problem. No I've got a problem with the military because almost any one can join and majority of them have an I'm so special attitude.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

cpt.fass1 wrote:

because almost any one can join
lulz

no, anyone can go to college.  you seem to be confused.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6829|Nårvei

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Apparently I'm part of the problem. No I've got a problem with the military because almost any one can join and majority of them have an I'm so special attitude.
So your real problem is people joining the millitary?

I'm amazed ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6506|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

because almost any one can join
lulz

no, anyone can go to college.  you seem to be confused.
Its funny because the Marines are Making my little brother take night classes to finish high school on top of his MOS training otherwise they are kicking him out.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6587|Mountains of NC

cpt.fass1 wrote:

no, she lost her job

almost anyone can join ---- .....{off topic} you know this reminds of something, oh yeah.... I had meeting with a senator 1 time, it was small talk at first then he dove into the meeting ( he was on the defense committee ) he asked question and made accusations that wasn't relivent to why I was there and began to appologize for his misunderstanding --- the point to this, heres a man thats high on the food chain and has no clue was is going on .. he has never served but yet he acts like he knows everything military

this special attitude goes back to your " support the troops " thing, doesn't it ---- no one is forcing the support on you and if you want to turn your back on the military, well thats your choice ...... I would suggest taking a trip to Arlington National Cemetry
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
SealXo
+309|6555

Parker wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Been reading some of the posts in this thread and it makes me think it should really be considered deleted for wasting space on the internet ...

And for the record ... yes we should support our troops no matter what shitty reason is behind their deployment.
I'm standing behind the support the man not the uniform..
maybe you can stand behind forming a complete sentence

and while you are at it, answer some of the questions that are being asked.

you cant be surprised when people want to attack your person, since you are doing the same to them.

personally, i think you are completely full of shit.

but carry on, im sure your "mortgage company" can do just fine without you, while you carry on with this...
LOL LOL LOL

he works for a mortgage company?

and hes against us supporting something financially?
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6537|Montucky

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok jord, I can't say that you've just been flaming..

But go read through the post again, every other said genius of the military has just been Go Fuck yourself. Someones fucked your girlfriend. It's a serious concern when you're seeing something, not through reading, but through my personal friend types who are joining the military. Not only is it for myself, but it should also be for the people in the military. Now I'm just one person and I know at least 15 people who joined to get away from a drug problem. Obviously I can only talk about what I know for a fact, and yes it irritates the shit out me. Just to know that these people who have lied, cheated and stolen for 32 years of there lives are now getting a second chance because they're "signing up".. Now they're hero's instead of the fucking Coke Head who sold my guitar for a bag.. Now I"m one person and I know 15 people, which makes me think that the majority of the military can be ex drug head, un-intelligent people..
WoW.  so much Bias. 

and by the way I've never once told you to go fuck yourself. I respect your opionon, you have the right to it and yes this is the internets and it is indeed serious business.

but

.-*GO FUCK YOURSELF*-.
cpt.fass1
+329|6715|NJ
Wow just found out we also let illegal aliens in the armed forces? What's up with that?

Edit; but it's ok cause they only get the shit jobs, like cleaning toilets and building roads.. Really Illegals in the service? Defend away..

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2008-12-30 13:13:42)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Wow just found out we also let illegal aliens in the armed forces? What's up with that?

Edit; but it's ok cause they only get the shit jobs, like cleaning toilets and building roads.. Really Illegals in the service? Defend away..
I don't know where you heard that, but to join the Military you have to get your green card first
cpt.fass1
+329|6715|NJ
Yeah I just heard it from a employee from our attorneys office and it was confirmed by the guy who was a captain in the reserves..

Edit: I'll do a little more research first..

Edit and Sorce..

American citizens sacrifice at times of war. It's our duty, the debt for living in the U.S.A.

Right now, much of the sacrifice is shouldered by families whose sons and daughters risk their lives in Iraq. It's a sacrifice we reflect on this week, as the nation marks the fifth anniversary of the start of the Iraq War.

But there are also U.S. soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq who were born in other countries.

More than 20,000 non-citizens are on active duty in the U.S. armed forces. Dozens of U.S. immigrant soldiers have died in Iraq. Immigrants have braved the battlefields of war since the dawn of America. And, they've held their own.
Immigrants have earned more than 20 percent of the 3,406 Congressional Medals of Honor, according to the National Immigration Law Center.

The U.S. government re-paid this commitment in 2002, when President Bush signed an executive order allowing immigrant soldiers to apply for citizenship as soon as they enlist. They previously had to wait three years.

Altruistic reasons alone did not motivate the Bush administration. The armed services have suffered from longstanding recruiting problems. Tapping into the growing supply of immigrants -- many of whom are poor and minority -- is an easy way to meet recruiting quotas. And dangling fast-track to citizenship as a carrot is a sure-fire way for Uncle Sam to attract immigrants.

But here's a controversial wrinkle to weigh: Should the U.S. allow illegal immigrants to serve in the military? Only citizens and legal permanent residents can enlist now.

This debate simmered in 2003 when we learned that one of the first U.S. soldiers killed in combat in Iraq had been an illegal immigrant. Marine Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez died in a firefight March 21, 2003. The Guatemalan was 14 when he left behind his dead parents and trekked 2,000 miles to cross into the U.S. illegally. At the time, the U.S. didn't deport Guatemalan children who arrived without family. He was allowed to stay and became a legal resident at age 18.

A provision in the immigration bill that failed last year would have granted legal residency to illegal immigrants who enlist in the U.S. military. The immigrants could eventaully earn citizenship.

Though the bill was killed, several U.S. senators have pledged to revive the much-talked about DREAM Act, which includes the provision granting status to illegal immigrants in the military.

http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/arch … st_98.html

Yes it's a blog.. Thre are other sources though, but hey apparently you don't have to have your green card first.. So you can't really bitch about the borders if you're a military man

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2008-12-30 13:26:14)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6548|Global Command
Next year all the military guys will be hating on Obama because he's going to downsize the military.

So he says.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Yeah I just heard it from a employee from our attorneys office and it was confirmed by the guy who was a captain in the reserves..

Edit: I'll do a little more research first..

Edit and Sorce..

American citizens sacrifice at times of war. It's our duty, the debt for living in the U.S.A.

Right now, much of the sacrifice is shouldered by families whose sons and daughters risk their lives in Iraq. It's a sacrifice we reflect on this week, as the nation marks the fifth anniversary of the start of the Iraq War.

But there are also U.S. soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq who were born in other countries.

More than 20,000 non-citizens are on active duty in the U.S. armed forces. Dozens of U.S. immigrant soldiers have died in Iraq. Immigrants have braved the battlefields of war since the dawn of America. And, they've held their own.
Immigrants have earned more than 20 percent of the 3,406 Congressional Medals of Honor, according to the National Immigration Law Center.

The U.S. government re-paid this commitment in 2002, when President Bush signed an executive order allowing immigrant soldiers to apply for citizenship as soon as they enlist. They previously had to wait three years.

Altruistic reasons alone did not motivate the Bush administration. The armed services have suffered from longstanding recruiting problems. Tapping into the growing supply of immigrants -- many of whom are poor and minority -- is an easy way to meet recruiting quotas. And dangling fast-track to citizenship as a carrot is a sure-fire way for Uncle Sam to attract immigrants.

But here's a controversial wrinkle to weigh: Should the U.S. allow illegal immigrants to serve in the military? Only citizens and legal permanent residents can enlist now.

This debate simmered in 2003 when we learned that one of the first U.S. soldiers killed in combat in Iraq had been an illegal immigrant. Marine Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez died in a firefight March 21, 2003. The Guatemalan was 14 when he left behind his dead parents and trekked 2,000 miles to cross into the U.S. illegally. At the time, the U.S. didn't deport Guatemalan children who arrived without family. He was allowed to stay and became a legal resident at age 18.

A provision in the immigration bill that failed last year would have granted legal residency to illegal immigrants who enlist in the U.S. military. The immigrants could eventaully earn citizenship.

Though the bill was killed, several U.S. senators have pledged to revive the much-talked about DREAM Act, which includes the provision granting status to illegal immigrants in the military.

http://blogs.chron.com/immigration/arch … st_98.html

Yes it's a blog.. Thre are other sources though, but hey..
It is a bill that is trying to be passed, a small group has been trying to pass this since 02 but it keeps dying.

This is the current wording:
According to the latest version of the bill[7], DREAM Act beneficiaries must have:

* Proof of having arrived in the United States before age 16.[8]
    * Proof of residence in the United States for a least five (5) consecutive years since their date of arrival.
    * Must be between the ages of 12 and 30 at time of bill enactment.
    * Having graduated from an American high school, or obtained a GED.
    * "Good moral character," essentially defined as the absence of a significant criminal record (or any major drug charges), compliance with Selective Service laws and an absence of fraudulent information in documents [9].

During the first six years, the immigrant would be granted "conditional" status, and would be required to graduate from a two-year community college or complete at least two years towards a 4-year degree, or serve two years in the U.S. military. After the six year period, an immigrant who meets at least one of these three conditions would be eligible to apply for legal permanent resident status. During this six year conditional period, immigrants would not be eligible for federal higher education grants such as Pell grants, though they would be able to apply for student loans and work study.

If the immigrant does not meet the educational or military service requirement within the six year time period, their temporary residence would be revoked and they would be subject to deportation.[10] They also must not commit any crimes other than those considered non-drug related misdemeanors, regardless of whether or not they have already been approved for permanent status at the end of their six years. Being convicted of a major crime, or drug-related infraction would automatically remove the six year temporary residence status and they would be subject to deportation.

If the immigrant meets all of the conditions at the end of the 6-year conditional period, they would be granted a permanent residency, which would eventually allow them to become U.S. citizens.

An estimated 65,000 undocumented immigrant students [11] who meet the initial basic requirements graduate from high school each year.[12] However, it is not known how many of those eligible go on to complete the further requirements. It is estimated that currently only 7,000–13,000 college students nationally can fulfill the further obligations, a drastic drop from the already limited pool of those initially eligible. [13]

So as of right now, you can only join if you have a green card. Tell your reserve Captain he is wrong.
cpt.fass1
+329|6715|NJ
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

you need a green card.  that captain is a fucking retard and so are you.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6315|Bloomington Indiana

usmarine wrote:

that captain is a fucking retard and so are you.
was about to say the same thing.

Taking the ASVAB and going to MEPS 8 months ago i saw plenty of guys drop like flies when the test scores and drug tests came back.

i think out of the 25 guys that walked into MEPS that morning maybe 12 of us actually enlisted that day.
cpt.fass1
+329|6715|NJ
OK so you don't need to be a citizen of the US to be in the military?

Ok fantastic so the current disabled vet who was in the military in the beginning of this year and the girl whose friend is illegal and in the armed forces are both lieing for no gain..

At Schwarzelungen, thank you man, now that is actually the kind of stuff I want to hear, you actually gave me an instance of your own personal experience that gives me a little more faith in the recruitment process.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6512|Connecticut

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok...what? you just stated that the first soldier to die was an illegal immagrant. Then you said he became a US citizen when he was 18. Now, you do realize that to enlist you must either be 18 OR 17 with parental consent right? Now seeing how his parents were um, fucking dead I wil assume they didn't sign anything so that means when he joined he was a legal resident. Are you suggesting that if I were to move to, lets say Ireland illegaly and then obtain legal citizenship only to later join their army that I would be an ilegal imagrant? Your logic once again is flawed.

Last edited by deeznutz1245 (2008-12-30 15:04:43)

Malloy must go
cpt.fass1
+329|6715|NJ

deeznutz1245 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ok...what? you just stated that the first soldier to die was an illegal immagrant. Then you said he became a US citizen when he was 18. Now, you do realize that to enlist you must either be 18 OR 17 with parental consent right? Now seeing how his parents were um, fucking dead I wil assume they didn't sign anything so that means when he joined he was a legal resident. Are you suggesting that if I were to move to, lets say Ireland illegaly and then obtain legal citizenship only to later join their army that I would be an ilegal imagrant? Your logic once again is flawed.
Not my logic I just sourced something, then put two links of news sources that's saying the army is targeting illegal aliens with promise of citizenship and green cards for membership.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6512|Connecticut

cpt.fass1 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Not my logic I just sourced something, then put two links of news sources that's saying the army is targeting illegal aliens with promise of citizenship and green cards for membership.
But then that would mean the source has been proved incorrect so why would you use it?
Malloy must go
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

cpt.fass1 wrote:

the army is targeting illegal aliens with promise of citizenship and green cards for membership.
cant say i have a problem with that.  i mean its better then them standing infront of home depot all day waiting for ATG to pick them up (calm down grape).  as long as they can speak english, i say give them the chance.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6537|Montucky

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

the army is targeting illegal aliens with promise of citizenship and green cards for membership.
cant say i have a problem with that.  i mean its better then them standing infront of home depot all day waiting for ATG to pick them up (calm down grape).  as long as they can speak english, i say give them the chance.
We had a Mexican who arrived when he was 10, became a Legal U.S. Citizen then joined the Corps, he also happened to be in my platoon. He'd start speaking spanish over the comms when he got really excited.

Fuck that was annoying.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

hey cpt.ass, dont you find it odd that your industry is pretty much complicit in the economies problem yet you are blaming others?
SealXo
+309|6555

S3v3N wrote:

usmarine wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

We had a Mexican who arrived when he was 10, became a Legal U.S. Citizen then joined the Corps, he also happened to be in my platoon. He'd start speaking spanish over the comms when he got really excited.

Fuck that was annoying.
lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

cpt.fass1 wrote:

TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS and our country isn't even rebuilt yet? I really think that all of you can't even combat the OP because it's true and that is gut wrenching to me.
No, you're just trolling and see being pig-headed as an excellent way to draw attention to yourself. Plenty of people have already posted valid oppositions to your viewpoint, some of which shine brightly even through the flames. All you can do is backpedal, sneak back up and then say that you feel sorry for us for not agreeing with your poorly-worded arguments.

SealXo wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

What? WWII? Ok the Germans where alittle more advanced then us with there military.
A little bit?
Precisely why a bunch of us had to fight our way back onto the mainland, because they were only a little bit more advanced.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-12-31 03:18:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard