cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6695|NJ
Seriously why should we? I've grown up being told that "our troops" are over sea's fighting for our freedoms and blah blah blah.. But really are they?

We haven't had a threat of Invasion or a real War since WWII, so how are they protecting my freedoms? If anything they're a huge drain on our economy and forcing me into servitude of our government..

Now that I've gotten older and started to really think about it, these are the people that didn't want to further their education or who basically couldn't provide for them self in our society. So they joined the military, most military men when getting out have a Air about them, it isn't confidence it's entitlement. Now I"m not talking about everyone, but a good majority of them are whiny crying bitches who think that everything should be handed to them because they served over seas and fought for our country..

I'm sick of it and really getting sick of these right wing people who are part of the military and want to keep bankrupting our country to fight an imaginary enemy.. Oh no, you're not going to be able to support your family of four on one income if you're husband doesn't have government housing and food anymore, you might have to get a job to support your baby making.. Well welcome to the real world.

Yes the War on Terror is a fake war against an enemy that can appear and disappear at will and when they want. I hope Congress cuts Military personal and these people who have been living off the Governments nipple will be released into this shitty economy that the rest of our country's been dealing with.. We trained these people how to bankrupt Russia by attacking, hiding and now we're doing the same thing.. I really don't think we're that stupid..

So bottom line is troops, you've been paid for your service and as all other thankless jobs out there, suck it up, you don't deserve anything else..
SealXo
+309|6535

that is why

fuck you

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o155/xXxTheDevilsRejectxXx/05_afghanis.jpg

youd probably piss your pants

Last edited by SealXo (2008-12-22 10:58:51)

cpt.fass1
+329|6695|NJ
Ohhhhh waaaaaaa dude it's a job and that's all it is.. When we can't afford troops anymore should we give up our welfare for these people.. No we shouldn't, it was his choice to serve, like it was my choice to do what I do..
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Drinking today?

Soldiers are there as a deterrent. If brave young men didn't sign their life away then there would be no military and your country, having more enemies than I am years old, would be invaded and raped. Or more likely people like you would be conscripted, do a piss poor job at defending your country and then the above would happen anyway. Your mother, sister would most likely be raped because there was nobody to defend your country, and an enemy would run riots through America.

Defence is a pretty important part of every countries economy world wide. Thank your government and your soldiers for you having the choice to sit there and have your little moan in relative safety.

Oh and grouping all recruits and servicemen in together into one fucked up stereotype as "Can't look after themselves" or "don't want to educate themselves" is as ignorant as it gets. I won't explain my reasons to someone like you for joining, but I bet you your basic human rights I'm a shit ton smarter than you will ever be, and I never went University or college.

Opinions like this are why I wonder why people join and serve their countries and people. Ungrateful cunt.
SealXo
+309|6535

jord wrote:

Opinions like this are why I wonder why people join and serve their countries and people. Ungrateful cunt.
san4
The Mas
+311|6688|NYC, a place to live
It's pleasant to think that no one could ever invade, conquer or destroy the US militarily. It's also pleasant to think that the world outside our borders doesn't affect us.

But when you grow up you realize neither of those is true and it means someone has to put their flesh in front of bullets and you really really don't want to do it yourself. So you say thank you to the people who do it, because you need their work more than you need the work of most other people.
jord

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Oh no, you're not going to be able to support your family of four on one income if you're husband doesn't have government housing and food anymore, you might have to get a job to support your baby making.. Well welcome to the real world.
I'm pretty sure 99% of the military and more in tune with the real world then you will ever be. So you can drop your condescending tone,it isn't big and it sure as shit aint clever.

I expect this shit on youtube comments or liveleak, but not here.
SealXo
+309|6535

cpt.fass1 wrote:

When we can't afford troops anymore should we give up our welfare ..
So this is acceptable?

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o155/xXxTheDevilsRejectxXx/st_regis_pool_building.jpg
Zukabazuka
+23|6685

jord wrote:

Drinking today?

Soldiers are there as a deterrent. If brave young men didn't sign their life away then there would be no military and your country, having more enemies than I am years old, would be invaded and raped. Or more likely people like you would be conscripted, do a piss poor job at defending your country and then the above would happen anyway. Your mother, sister would most likely be raped because there was nobody to defend your country, and an enemy would run riots through America.

Defence is a pretty important part of every countries economy world wide. Thank your government and your soldiers for you having the choice to sit there and have your little moan in relative safety.

Oh and grouping all recruits and servicemen in together into one fucked up stereotype as "Can't look after themselves" or "don't want to educate themselves" is as ignorant as it gets. I won't explain my reasons to someone like you for joining, but I bet you your basic human rights I'm a shit ton smarter than you will ever be, and I never went University or college.

People would invade a country if you wouldn't have an army? Hell sweden keeps reducing its army after each year to save money and we havn't had some major issues yet, few hates us or barely anyone. Wonder why? Our army is shit to btw. But consider USA have been pushing themself in on other countries over and over ofcourse you are gonna get some fucking enemies, try breaking in a couple of houses over time and you will se similar stuff happen to you.
Christbane
+51|6234
wow!  just get the fuck out.  maybe a 3rd world country where the population hides in fear of their military would suit you better.
cpt.fass1
+329|6695|NJ
So what you're saying is that when the country's laying off people and we don't need as large a military we should still be giving a majority of our tax income to the service?

Instead of laying people off? You signed up for a service it's a job like any other job, ok not like any other job because you really can't get fired.

I'd really rather have a mandatory two year service for everyone in our country and keep a smaller perminant military..
jord

Zukabazuka wrote:

jord wrote:

Drinking today?

People would invade a country if you wouldn't have an army? Hell sweden keeps reducing its army after each year to save money and we havn't had some major issues yet, few hates us or barely anyone. Wonder why? Our army is shit to btw. But consider USA have been pushing themself in on other countries over and over ofcourse you are gonna get some fucking enemies, try breaking in a couple of houses over time and you will se similar stuff happen to you.
What's that got to do with anything...?

America is a bigger economy with a lot more people, thus they need a bigger army and a larger military budget. They also do not have any form of conscription, instead relying on men and women to sign years of their lives away in service of the country. That's why normal people are thankful of said people. Then you just have people like this, that if you gave then some food at Christmas would accept it then call you a Dick behind your back.
jord

cpt.fass1 wrote:

So what you're saying is that when the country's laying off people and we don't need as large a military we should still be giving a majority of our tax income to the service?

Instead of laying people off? You signed up for a service it's a job like any other job, ok not like any other job because you really can't get fired.

I'd really rather have a mandatory two year service for everyone in our country and keep a smaller perminant military..
If you think the military is really that awesome that you have zero worries and can't get fired then maybe you should go ahead, quit being a pussy and sign up?

Really, you make it out like it's a fantastic life all the time. Go ahead and experiance said life then...
cpt.fass1
+329|6695|NJ
See what I mean.. All these people are calling me ungratefully and names, for what?

That's the entitlement I'm talking about..
jord

cpt.fass1 wrote:

See what I mean.. All these people are calling me ungratefully and names, for what?

People are calling you that because your opinion is fucking stupid and everyone else with said stupid opinion is over on youtube spouting similar shit. Maybe you should go ahead and join them, because you won't find anyone here that shares your shitty opinion here, they all left a long time ago.
cpt.fass1
+329|6695|NJ
What? Cause you joined the military for any type of reason you are entitled to receive everything you want, at what cost?
jord

cpt.fass1 wrote:

What? Cause you joined the military for any type of reason you are entitled to receive everything you want, at what cost?
Yeah because clearly that's what happens. Everyone that leaves the military gets everything they ever wanted handed to them, and what's more, for no reason what so ever. I mean, it's not like they nearly died in Afghanistan, or saw their friends die in Iraq. They just sat playing xbox for 5 years then came out and got money off the government for it...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

jord wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

People are calling you that because your opinion is fucking stupid and everyone else with said stupid opinion is over on youtube spouting similar shit. Maybe you should go ahead and join them, because you won't find anyone here that shares your shitty opinion here, they all left a long time ago.
Sorry Jord I might not agree with him on this but he has valid points, you claiming he is outright wrong just shows you for an ignoramus.
jord

Vilham wrote:

jord wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Sorry Jord I might not agree with him on this but he has valid points, you claiming he is outright wrong just shows you for an ignoramus.
Yes, I'm the ignoramus here...

Sigh.
cpt.fass1
+329|6695|NJ
Right like the tons of Firefighters/police officer/teachers in our country who are getting laid off cause their budgets can't afford their salries?

They aren't putting themselves into civil service, in the way of harm either..
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6735|Salt Lake City

To the OP, I'll tell you straight up that the war in Iraq was complete BS, but you don't bash the troops that way.  Many of them signed up even after the war because they thought it was the right thing to do.  And many in the armed forces are there because of the GI Bill; you know, that money they can use for college to get an education.

And I'll tell you what, I have yet to see any stories about military personnel thinking they deserve handouts because they served.  I'm not going to say it hasn't happened, but it certainly doesn't embody the bulk of the military forces, which you seem to have painted with one very broad brush.

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2008-12-22 11:26:21)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
Sorry Jord but if you think Americas army needs to be anywhere near as large as it is when its only two neighbouring countries are a. an ally. b. Mexico a poor as country that would never be able to stage an invasion then yes. You are an ignoramus.

Naval born landings on America soil would be IMPOSSIBLE. A tactical nuke would destroy an navy sent against the US.

As much as i respect soldiers for being willing to fight in the defence of their nation, soldiers in Iraq etc do not get extra brownie points over people who actually do a service in the name of MY country, ie firemen etc, yet where is the respect they get?
cpt.fass1
+329|6695|NJ
I'm making a point.. It's really a valid point, also I don't 100% feel this way, I"m going very heavy one sided to prove my point. I'm not really talking hand outs here I'm talking service, why makes the military a recession proof trade and why? When our infrastructure is severely declining and we don't have the money to support our troops, why do we have so many?
jord

Vilham wrote:

Sorry Jord but if you think Americas army needs to be anywhere near as large as it is when its only two neighbouring countries are a. an ally. b. Mexico a poor as country that would never be able to stage an invasion then yes. You are an ignoramus.

Naval born landings on America soil would be IMPOSSIBLE. A tactical nuke would destroy an navy sent against the US.

As much as i respect soldiers for being willing to fight in the defence of their nation, soldiers in Iraq etc do not get extra brownie points over people who actually do a service in the name of MY country, ie firemen etc, yet where is the respect they get?
If you think America, a country that has more enemies than any other country doesn't need an extremely large military because of it's neighbours then you are the ignoramus. Now we can both carry on making points then ending them with the word "ignoramus" or we can drop that word. There is only one here, and it is neither you or I.

I won't name the strong militaries that would walk all over America should it drop a large part of it's military budget. I'm sure you can think of a few...

Soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq are taking the fight to terrorists before they take the fight to us. How many more lives on the British mainland would be lost if it wasn't for our soldiers fighting overseas?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

jord wrote:

Soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq are taking the fight to terrorists before they take the fight to us. How many more lives on the British mainland would be lost if it wasn't for our soldiers fighting overseas?
Oh please Jord, don't tell me you're buying into that Bush admin BS.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard