NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia
I have an older tv with the composite  inputs. I have tons of movies on my computer and atm i cant burn dvd's. Is there a special cable i can buy to hook my computer up to a TV with composite inputs? Karma to the ones who give me links to cables and such.

Last edited by NeXuS (2008-12-21 21:33:50)

Defiance
+438|6641

What video card do you have? If your card has a DVI-HDTV200 port (it's an ATi thing) then this will work.

Also, if you have an older TV, are you sure it's component? Component is RedGreenBlue, Composite is YellowRedWhite (only yellow is video).
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
Composite im sorry thats what i meant. My video card has 2 DVI ports.
jaymz9350
+54|6547
If your vid card has s-video out you can get an s-video to composite adapter.  Though if you still have all the crap that comes with you vid card it probably came with one, every card I've had came with one back to my ati 9250.
Defiance
+438|6641

NeXuS wrote:

Composite im sorry thats what i meant. My video card has 2 DVI ports.
There's a few different types of DVI. Now that Jaymz mentioned it, most newer cards tend to have an s-video out which would be a very easy way to do this.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
*Whistle*
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Does your GFX card have a little round plug called S-video??
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

FloppY_ wrote:

Yes
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

NeXuS wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Yes
It's as easy as getting an s-video cable. Your TV should have the same input (roughly) as your graphics cards output.

They're dead cheap
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FloppY_
­

NeXuS wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Yes
If your TV has the same plug you can just buy such a cable in any HIFI/Television store,, if not, go to same stores and ask for a S-video -> Scart converter... Alternatively, if you have a VCR from this century, you likely have such a S-video port in that, which you can then run your PCs S-video signal into... I did it like that once since my TV has only one scart port and no S-video...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-22 10:59:41)

jaymz9350
+54|6547

NeXuS wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Yes
Do you have the accessories that came with you card?  It most likely came with what you need.
FloppY_
­

jaymz9350 wrote:

NeXuS wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Yes
Do you have the accessories that came with you card?  It most likely came with what you need.
GFX cards rarely come with S-video cables in my experience... They come with a DVI -> Analog converter... Which is not of much use to this thread..
jaymz9350
+54|6547

FloppY_ wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

NeXuS wrote:

Yes
GFX cards rarely come with S-video cables in my experience... They come with a DVI -> Analog converter... Which is not of much use to this thread..
every card i've bought came with them.  and the newer one's all came with an s-video cable, and adapters for component and composite.
FloppY_
­

jaymz9350 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

every card i've bought came with them.  and the newer one's all came with an s-video cable, and adapters for component and composite.
Okay, thats odd
Defiance
+438|6641

https://www.cable-trader.co.uk/images/SVHS%20plug%20to%20composite%20RCA%20socket%20adapter.jpg
FloppY_
­
uhm,, those would require an AV-in in his TV, if he doesn't have that he will still need a Scart converter or a component scart cable but it makes no sence to put an adapter onto an adapter
MysteryJake
+12|6177|California
https://www.accessories-shop.net/images/5FT_4_PIN_S-VIDEO_to_3_RCA_TV_male_Cable.jpg
For older Tv's

https://www.digiwholesale.co.uk/images/P/S-video-cable.jpg
For newer Tv's
Defiance
+438|6641

FloppY_ wrote:

uhm,, those would require an AV-in in his TV, if he doesn't have that he will still need a Scart converter or a component scart cable but it makes no sence to put an adapter onto an adapter
Third post.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
"Component" was a misspeak. He has composite, and thus this will work perfectly. So will what jake posted, but s-video is only video so why the cable has audio plugs as well is beyond me.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-12-23 02:30:14)

FloppY_
­
This

Except it is also beyond me as to why it has audio jacks when it is a s-video converter

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-23 04:11:37)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

+ this, if necessary.

https://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8449/wnb548162no8.jpg
I need around tree fiddy.
FloppY_
­
Yarp (though most TV's have a component AV-in, even old ones)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard