woodrot
I Need A Dump
+25|6883|sunderland england

ghettoperson wrote:

woodrot wrote:

In the uk speed limit is 70 MPH however im sure they dont usally bother pulling you over unless your doing 80 or speeding past a static speed camera . Any way its an instant ban here if ur doing over 90
I THINK
No it's not, over 100 and you lose your license. My mate got caught by a speed trap doing about 160, he realised after he went through the first meter, so he slowed right down to a crawl, and his average speed worked out to be 99.8MPH when he came out the other end, so he kept his license.
OH sorry i wasnt sure but i was only 10 MPH out
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6734|SE London

woodrot wrote:

In the uk speed limit is 70 MPH however im sure they dont usally bother pulling you over unless your doing 80 or speeding past a static speed camera . Any way its an instant ban here if ur doing over 90
I THINK
Nah. I've been stopped doing 90 and nothing happened. Been stopped doing 50 in a 30 zone before too, nothing happened then either - got told to watch my speed in future then sent on my way.

Here a good guide (erring on the side of caution)

http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/ … fences.htm
woodrot
I Need A Dump

Bertster7 wrote:

woodrot wrote:

I THINK
Nah. I've been stopped doing 90 and nothing happened. Been stopped doing 50 in a 30 zone before too, nothing happened then either - got told to watch my speed in future then sent on my way.

Here a good guide (erring on the side of caution)

http://www.drivingban.co.uk/drivingban/ … fences.htm
U lucky tw*@ i got 3 points & 60 quid fine doing 38 in a 30 zone
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6734|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

woodrot wrote:

I THINK
No it's not, over 100 and you lose your license. My mate got caught by a speed trap doing about 160, he realised after he went through the first meter, so he slowed right down to a crawl, and his average speed worked out to be 99.8MPH when he came out the other end, so he kept his license.
He knocked 120mph off his speed in a few metres (which is what you'd need to do to get that average speed)? Bullshit. There is no car in existence that can do that.
woodrot
I Need A Dump

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

woodrot wrote:

I THINK
He knocked 120mph off his speed in a few metres (which is what you'd need to do to get that average speed)? Bullshit. There is no car in existence that can do that.
CORRECT anyway im off for a drive in a DPV i just got back in to bf2 hope i dont get a metal speeding ticket off a MI28 , J10 or other

Last edited by woodrot (2008-12-20 13:33:34)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6802

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

woodrot wrote:

I THINK
He was on a bike. And no, it was one of those that takes your speed at one place, then theres another camera several hundred meters away.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6734|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

He was on a bike. And no, it was one of those that takes your speed at one place, then theres another camera several hundred meters away.
Ah...

Makes sense now. There aren't any that take your speed at one point and then another. Average speed check cameras work purely through number plate recognition and calculating how long it took you to get between them (they are SPECS cameras). He should've slowed down a shitload more then he wouldn't have gotten any ticket.

I thought it seemed ludicrous, and you usually make sense.....
ghettoperson
+1,943|6802

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Ah...

Makes sense now. There aren't any that take your speed at one point and then another. Average speed check cameras work purely through number plate recognition and calculating how long it took you to get between them (they are SPECS cameras). He should've slowed down a shitload more then he wouldn't have gotten any ticket.

I thought it seemed ludicrous, and you usually make sense.....
Ah ok, I wasn't really sure how they worked. But yes, that'd make more sense as why take two photos over a distance when you can have one?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard